Unbelievable Time

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by EcKo151, Dec 26, 2006.

1. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Ok so we just got home from the game, my Dolphind friend and I...Section 150, 13 rows up from the corner of the endzone, amazing seats. We were soaking wet even with ponchos, the rain didn't stop for the 1st half and by halftime our shorts and shoes were full of water.

The touchdowns were on our opposite side, a great throw by Chad to Cotchery, in that drive three 3rd down conversions after Miami went up and the dropped INT. Leon's fumble I thought was going to be killer, but he sure did make up for it with his amazing play at the end.

I'll post more on the game later on, but after the game is when I was in disbelief. We were looking for my car and couldn't find it...So we walk around the stadium and we hit the Jets team buses...Amazing timing.

A whole bunch of fans are on the wall and I find a spot...I see Na'Shon Goddard and call him out ans say "South Carolina!." And he walks over to me and says "You know it." and gives me a high five while I credit his team for the win...Mike Nugent I yelled an "Ohio State Nugent!" and he gave me a wave, I yelled "Vic! Michigan bro!" And he gave me a wave as well. Vilma, whos jersey I had on, I yelled his name and a "The U!" And he just gave a glance and went to the bus. Same with Eric Smith, but he gave a smile and a wave after I yelled Michigan State. Nick Mangold gave us a wave but signed elsewhere. We got a wave from Bryan Cox as well since we were yelling for him. The mother of the little kid wanted me to do everything I could to get Chad Pennington...But he walked towards the bus, I told them to cheer Marshall and Chad gave us a wave.

Then the huge stuff happens...Laveranues Coles walks over a 1st time and I ask if he's alright, and he says in a low voice "Yeah i'm alright." So he goes to the bus then comes back to the crowd and he came to our little area because of this small Jets fan there wanting autographs...I ask if we can see a Penguin Dance and he just gives a chuckle, I give him a high-5 as he leaves and tell him to have a safe trip while he thanks me.

D'Brickashaw Ferguson comes out like a mammoth and I tell the little area to just say "D'Brick!"(They kept asking me to get players to come over since I got a high-5 from Na'Shon Goddard and they were just like who the hell is he?) So I kept yelling names and their alma mater while I either got a wave or got them to come over. Credited the Jets on a great game while he thanked me.

Kerry Rhodes then comes out and I just start saying Kerry! And mention Louisville! This was the best experience of it because while he signed me hat, he talked to me. I mentioned Louisville and he gave me a look then I asked if we could see the "Penguin Dance." And he stepped back for a second just laughing, then I ask how he likes watchin the film everyday with Vilma and he gives a smirk and says "It goes well, I like it." And as he leaves I wish him a
    Merry Christmas and get 2 high-5's from him wishing him a safe trip. He was the best of the bunch.

DeWayne Robertson came out and I yelled "Kentucky!" then he walked slowly over, the dude has his bottom grill in gold. I congragtulated him on a great win, and wished him a safe flight, getting a handshake and an autograph.

So we wait for a few more minutes then head out...But as I pass by the buses, I start waving towards the bus and Eric Barton is looking at me, and I keep waving and he gives me a fist pump, and Victor Hobson gives me a wave from inside the bus. I saw Mike Tannenbaum in another bus but couldn't grap his attention.

So in total...I got waves from Eric Smith, Nick Mangold, Victor Hobson, Jonathan Vilma, Chad Pennington, Eric Barton, and Mike Nugent, and Bryan Cox.

Got up close with Na'Shon Goddard, Laveranues Coles, Kerry Rhodes, D'Brickashaw Ferguson, and DeWayne Robertson.

Getting autographs from DRob,Coles, and Rhodes on the inside bill of my Jets hat, and DRob signed a shirt for me. I wasn't big on the autographes, being 19 it's nice but it's more for the kids. I was more about talking to the player and getting a high-5.

An unbelievable time that I will never forget...What a time.

2. Dinobot 2

Dinobot 2 Active Member

Sounds like a real awesome time.

I actually heard some Jets chanting on kick offs!

3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Congratulations on a night I'm sure you won't ever forget!

(And I'm very impressed that you know every player's alma mater.)

4. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

Sounds awesome man...glad you had a good time.

5. Miamipuck

Miamipuck New Member

Awesome, I was at section 117 and row 27. I was also with a Dolfan, my best friend Albert.

LOL that bastard stood in the exit the whole time out of the rain. Stupid me (sans poncho or anything to block the rain) was in my seat. I got so wet it was ridiculous. Anyway it was a lot of fun.

We got the hell out of there fast no autograph bus here.

6. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

When I get back to Tampa i'll borrow a digital cam and take a picture of the hat with the three players autorgraph...

I was drenched, but loved every second of it. We were in a nice section and of course I ran my mouth, but in good nature.

The icing was the Kerry Rhodes moment, I liked the Goddard one because he looked around then saw me and walked up and that made me feel great...

Dude was probanly like "Man someone recognizes me?"

7. MParty7441

MParty7441 Well-Known Member

It was so fun. What a gay song though.

8. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

Seriously? I was singing the Ohio State fight song to Nugent, and he wasn't turning around for me. Granted, there was a minute left to go in the game (the Houston game), but come on... I still love Nuge.

Coles turned around for me though. He was talking to kids, and I yelled "Laveranues!" and held up his jersey, and he pointed to his jersey, pointed back and nodded.

9. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

Did you stay when Pennington finished his interview? Fans were going crazy and Pennington threw his hat to the stands...A Phins fan caught it and threw it back, then a security guy threw it back and another Phins fan threw it back on the field...It was kinda funny.

10. Drew

Drew Active Member

Sounds awesome Ecko! Glad to see most of them are cool guys.

At training camp last year I had a cool encounter with Erik Coleman. He was super-nice. Signed everything you asked and had convos with everyone. Mawae was great too, and Justin Miller was pretty nice. It was funny because he was riding a tiny-ass bike. It must've been intended for a 8 year old.

11. BxJetFan

BxJetFan New Member

aww man awesome story. glad you had fun and a great experience.

12. rillo

rillo New Member

Thats a great story bro.....i got there right @ kickoff wit a beer in hand.....got soaked and love every minute of it!! What a great JETSMAS!! I had great seats in the endzone.....i left my camera in the car cuz of the rain and i kicked myself for it cuz around half time the rain slowed/stopped and i could've had some good pics...owell theres always next year GOJETS!!! :finssuck:

13. rillo

rillo New Member

Man.....the dolphins song is a piece of shit....LOL what a buch of queers :finssuck:

14. ESCRONDON

ESCRONDON Member

Good onya Ecko glad you had a great time.:grin:

15. Murrell2878

Murrell2878 Lets go JETS!

Pictures?? There seemed to be a TON of Jets fans there.

16. EcKo151

EcKo151 Active Member

I can get a picture of the hat signed...But I had no digital cam to take pics and that weather would of killed my cam. It would of been nice to have a picture with a few of the guys, but ah well, still a great time.

I'll be remissed not to mention I got a wave from James Dearth as well! People were asking who he was and I say "Our longsnapper!" And one guy is just like you need a life man. It's great!

17. TheBlairThomasFumble

TheBlairThomasFumble Active Member

Awesome post. Glad you had such a good time!

TBTF

18. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Sounds like you had an awesome time man! It must have been great being a Jets fan in that stadium last night :)

19. NamathDays

NamathDays New Member

Ecko.....a wonderful story...props to you and yer wet booty...but mostly congrats on your persuasiveness and College song smarts. You did great!

20. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

That is awesome man. :)