I’m done

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thirtyoddfreestyle, Dec 20, 2020.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

somebody had to say it

2. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

This so-called win is one of the worst, and maybe ultimately the worst loss this franchise has ever had. To compound the pain there are Jets personnel and fans who are actually happy about it.

A true fan of the franchise cannot be happy about this "win". We who are devastated see how this is going to effect us for years and rue the suffering we will likely have to endure for years while Tlaw becomes a HOF. So yeah--people don't want this future and therefore say they don't want to be a fan anymore.

3. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

The more I think about Wentz, it may not be much of an upgrade if any than Darnold. Watson would be a dream!!!

4. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Kick the tires on Watson? In what world are the Texans letting Watson leave?

I'm sorry but do you even watch football? Why don't we kick the tires on Mahomes while we're at it?

5. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Perhaps trade Seattle pick for him, that ought to get it done.

REVISion likes this.
  6. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Beningo basically just called the Jet people negative today morons.

7. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Beningo is going to die before the Jets even make the super bowl. He has nothing to offer anymore

8. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

Ridiculous statement

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

at this time last year he woulda gotten a similar reaction if he suggested kicking the tires on DeAndre Hopkins.

10. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The difference is BOB was still employed by the Texans this time last year.

11. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

People have every right to be pissed about this team. I think him calling jets fans morons is a ridiculous statement.

12. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

Easy. Brian Daboll. Would do for Sam what he did for Allen.

13. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

That would require Douglas to invest in something other than OL, backup OL and practice squad OL. Buffalo checked off every single box and that includes trading for a star as well as drafting young guys to grow with the QB. We will see what happens in year 2 but it doesn't really seem like Douglas places all that much value on skill position players which makes sense considering his Baltimore routes. I don't think Daboll is plug and play whatsoever.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  14. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

Well what you're really saying then is that we should not hire an offensive genius and QB whisperer. Because Douglas.

15. BroadwayAaron

I didn't even imply that let alone say it. I said that Daboll is not plug and play because the teams are structured extremely different. I even said let's wait to see what year 2 brings with Douglas.

My point is, Daboll looks like a genius because the front office gave him literally every tool he could possibly need... not because he's a genius. He's been around for 20 years and we just now are seeing him have success on the coordinator level. He was flat out terrible with Cleveland, bad in KC and below average in Miami. His highest ranked offense was 20th. Doesn't that sound just a little too familiar for your liking?

16. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

You are right about his resume. That's a matter of record. Belichick wasn't a world beater either in Cleveland. Fact remains that one of the best decisions the Bills braintrust made was to hire Daboll on Saban's strong recommendation knowing that job 1 was the development of a raw QB prospect. They bet the house and their own careers on both the player and his coach. You can't quarrel with the result. Anyway he's not now long for that shop. Some team will hire and promote him. We could and probably will do worse.

17. BroadwayAaron

I'm not saying Daboll hasn't done a good job, I'm saying in the span of three years, the Bills invested with both money and draft picks heavily in the skill position players. That plays a HUGE role in the development of any young QB. Mayfield, Kyler, Josh Allen. The only guy not surrounded by stars is Jackson because he is the star. We can't expect Daboll to just pick up where he left off and turn Darnold into Allen or any QB into Allen because we just don't have anywhere near the amount of talent that he had in Buffalo to work with.

18. Can Grande

Can Grande Active Member

Sure, Bills understood the importance of skill position players, especially veterans, in the development of a young QB. Beasley, Brown and now Diggs. But they had to go out and get these guys. And yes it took three years, but when you are starting out at square 1, three years is not too long to wait to field a truly competitive team. I'd be happy to wait three years if that was the payoff. There is no way that I can see to turn things around in less time in any case.

19. BroadwayAaron

Actually my point was that it's miraculous they did it in three years. A lot had to go extremely right for the Bills to be in this situation and it all went right. We can't expect to replicate that.

Also remember they spent draft capital on guys like Moss, Singletary and Knox. I know everyone here wants to draft 18 linemen, never pay a RB and only trade picks for picks but let the Bills serve as proof that there is WAY more than one way to skin a cat.

20. Sid Youngelman

Sid Youngelman Active Member

Yeah, you're done just like ALL Jets fans are done.....until opening day of 2021.