So, where do we go from here?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 21, 2020.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Huh? The Titans prove my point. They compete because they have the best running game in the NFL, a good defense AND an above average QB.

It says a lot that they have such a good running game and defense on top of an above average QB and still couldn't make it all the way. You basically need an elite QB to compete for the Super Bowl. Even having an elite running game, defense and above average QB might not be quite enough.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I'm so jealous of the Titans. Watching Derrick Henry is a joy and I just personally love smashmouth football like that

TwoHeadedMonster and jetstopgun like this.
  3. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Just look at his play last night against Donald at the goal line becton had him completely turned around on gore TD how Many tackles do that to him?

4. jetstopgun

Lol I hear what you’re saying brother but we’re 1-13 football team let’s just at this point try to get us into the conversation ...Lawrence is not coming and fields and Wilson are a reach at number two

Jets79 likes this.
  5. jetstopgun

Just think of the possibilities it could be ground and pound 2.0

6. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Over-drafting a QB at #2 is the kind of move a desperate team with no other QB on the roster makes.

7. Terminated117

Terminated117 Active Member

Since we flushed our Lawrence tix down the shitter, I’m not so sure there’s any other QB’s I’d take over Darnold to once again start over at this point. Build the O-line and some weapons for Sam, and hoping to God maybe we have a better HC.

Being somewhat optimistic here (or at least trying to), maybe this whole situation will light a fire under Darnolds ass, and with some better players from the draft he’ll take the next step?....

...idk, I’m still dumbfounded beyond the capacity of rational thought after yesterday still *smh*

Jets79, Noam and jetstopgun like this.
  8. Ray Lucas

Ray Lucas Well-Known Member

Jaguars fans are pissing me the fuck off

ouchy likes this.
  9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

obviously you haven't watched him shut down nick bosa, joey bosa, melvin ingram, aaron donald, to name a few

10. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I was at a Jags site and they already had a picture of TL in a Jags uniform on the front page.

#50 ouchy, Dec 21, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
  11. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I’d have to agree with those saying it makes no sense to move Becton, if anything you draft Sewell and make him a RT.

Although I do have a problem drafting a RT at 2 Sewell just may be the exception and likely would have the biggest impact any other 2 pick would.

semperfigreen likes this.
  12. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

We don't have another QB on the roster though, do we? I mean Sam is among the worst in the league by any metric.

Fields/Wilson are both reaches at #2 but what choice do we have?

I hate that we missed out on Lawrence so badly. We're right where we were before we drafted Darnold - in a place where we need a QB desperately but are going to have to reach for one in the draft or have no QB at all.

The way out of this vicious cycle was to truly hit rock bottom and get Lawrence.

Jets79 and Ray Lucas like this.
  13. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

You still do your homework. If Joe feels Sam isn't the one, you start looking at this QB class. Lawrence is sure fire to go one and the Jets may still get the #1 spot. But you look at Fields and Wilson. I personally feel Wilson would be the guy if you want to go QB at 2.

If you feel Sam is the one and Joe actually gets a bright offensive mind who can mold Sam moreso to his talents, you go that route. Joe is respected and has the ammo still to bring in a top offensive mind. Loads of caps space and the need to improve with almost a blank slate, that's still a job OC's will take a look at. Grab a Sewell or Slater to solidify RT then you have bookend tackles, you would just have to get a few guards to blend in. Get some big time offensive weapons. Look at Allen Robinson or Chris Godwin. I have faith Joe will make this work whatever way it ends up breaking.

SOJAZ likes this.
  14. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

its not about getting a " good starter" at RT. Sewell would be a pro bowl LT for 10 years and Becton maybe the best RT ever for 10 years. Sign Thuney and we have one of the best O lines in the league. Seattle pick Offense, #33 offense. Build everything up and get QB after that.

15. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

we still would have the 33 not 34

16. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

Perfect

17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

becton is already a pro bowl LT as a rookie. and you want to move him to RT. thats a joke

18. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I vote for build the OL

and go offense like crazy picks and signings

see if Sam can be game manager (or better) until we find FQB

Let it be known this was not what I wanted but when life gives you lemons you gotta try your best to make lemonade

19. semperfigreen

semperfigreen Well-Known Member

What is wrong with having 2 dominant tackles, probably the best 2 in the league? If we can do that and add a big name guard in free agency we will have arguably the best line in the league. Get that running back from Bama with our 2nd 1st. We can now run the ball, control the clock and gas out the D. Also give the QB more time to throw. If you could then add Robinson at receiver, we now have an offense. We draft one of fields and Wilson at 2 and they miss, we are inevitably screwed.

Edit: I understand paying 2 tackles big time money down the road will be an issue

20. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Just like how the Jets are never winning against the Rams in LA?

Let the games play out and see what happens Brook.