Day After POSITIVES

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by patleahy, Dec 21, 2020.

1. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Meh not much to be positive about aside from perhaps Joe Douglas isn't completely dogshit at drafting?

If trevor lawrence lives up to the hype, and we are forced with a step below QB (assuming we even go that way), then this win will cost the jets for a long long time. For all intents and purposes, there is a clear division between Trevor Lawrence and the rest of the QB's coming out.

This isn't only about trevor lawrence either, it's about how attractive the jets HC job will be. It makes a big difference when you can pitch the ability to draft a generational talent out of college, versus having a headache with whether to bring back Darnold, to trade for another QB, or to draft one.

2. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

200 yards with 1 TD is not a good game. It's a better game than Sam usually has but it is nowhere near a good game. Why on earth would we build around Sam who is statistically one of the worst QB's in the NFL?

Yesterday was an absolute killer for the long term prospects of this franchise.

3. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

and conversely, I’ve seen enough of Fields to know he ISN’T going to be one of the great ones unless you give him 5 seconds to throw to receivers with no DBs around them.

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I get it, I’m as disappointed as anyone as I did have my heart set on Lawrence. However Lawrence was the easy way, not the only way.

If JD is the real deal the Jets will be just fine and that would’ve been the case with Trevor as well. The early returns look good for JD, which means the future looks bright.

5. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Creating a dynasty usually involves a lot of luck along with making a lot of smart decisions as a franchise. Lawrence was our shot at the luck part of creating a dynasty. The fact that we were winless in the same year as a generational QB was entering the year was extremely lucky. And we managed to fuck it up.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Douglas certainly is now going to have to stay nights and weekends in Florham Park because he has to evaluate the entire draft class instead of just picking Lawrence at the top. I don’t think we’re necessarily taking Fields either.

7. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I think the Jets like Miami will have to be lucky to stumble into competence as I have a low opinion of both organizations in terms of how they build teams. For the Jets it’s a major IF they can turn things around with this ownership. At least you guys already got over the hump and now look good.

Bumrush99 and Ben Had like this.
  8. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I see it a little different then other people. To me we gave away 4-5 high round picks.

I wont hate on anyone for sunny siding but we may have just lost so much.

We only play good on the west coast like once every 4 years. What a terrible time for it to hit. We've been a trap team and the Rams fell into our trap. They looked like they were sleepwalking half the game.

Even though they are getting a new GM, deep down I have little doubt the Jags will squander Lawrence with bad team building. They cant have nice things either.

9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I know how disappointing it is for the fans whose only dream was to get TL with the #1 pick. But fact remains it was a super long shot expectation with the odds stacked against the fans. This team played hard and played to win, finally overcoming the sheer incompetence of the CS that cost us two games prior to this win. If you are a Jet fan you know it was a miracle loss against the Raiders. Realistically this team was not going without a win, so I'm a bit surprised so many fans are actually in shock and believed we were on the drivers seat. It's time to deal with reality and see what our path ahead is. I know JD will not reach for a QB with the first pick if they don't think he is the answer. The OL is beginning to jell and adding a stud OG will be a huge step in the right direction. The biggest improvement for the season is to get a competent CS, and I for one do not believe for a minute that it will not happen IF JD gets the dot and put in charge. If not, TL or any other QB will be a wasted pick. And if Gase is still here, TL or not, is lights out for many faithful fans.

10. Boomboom

Boomboom Active Member

Sam threw for 207 yards but I guess for him he was good. Absolutely insane this is the standard of having a "good game"

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Whoopie fucking do all it means is no TL (the rest are poor substitutes and Fields lol no thanks), so that is all that matters at this stage of the poxy season not a win against a team who mailed it in against us.

So yeah let's finish 3-13 rah rah rafucking rah.

See my signature, somebody 20 years from now will have fuck off Lawrence as one, it may well even be me.

12. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

Fields is NOT the real deal. You've heard it first...period. They need to have their head kicked in if they draft him. In fact, if the NY Jets draft ANYONE in the top 15 they may as well put a match to it and light it on fire. Their luck with top 15 talent is less than shit. Either the pick is dog shit or they are good and want out the first real contract. Period end of story.

#52 mezzavo, Dec 21, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020
    Jets79 likes this.
  13. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

I get it. But what are we going to do? Chase the next Phillip Rivers? Draft a QB who may not be better than Sam (Fields)? Really? Give Sam Jamar Chase and Travis Etienne.

14. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Sorry but which JD are you guys referring to?

15. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

My bad...I had to edit it. I was referring to Fields...and somehow typed in JD...clearly Subliminal.

SEE I post like the NY Jets play football!

alleycat9 and LAJet like this.
  16. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

What’s with everyone saying you heard it here first when you obviously weren’t the first to say it?

Fields may or may not be the real deal, a lot of factors will determine how he works out at the next level.

What is not debatable is he has the talent to succeed at the next level but he is obviously raw and will need to be developed.

jonnyd likes this.
  17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Never say never. Who the hell knows what will happen between now and week 17?

With that being said, I fully expect to pick 2nd. If the Browns come to play this weekend then we will be guaranteed a top 2 pick so there's that I guess.

18. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

I understand the frustration with most of you and I am glad some of you are optimistic. I been a fan for 53 years.... and I have witnessed the good, the bad and ugly! Like scream therapy, I thought losing it, cursing, carrying on would help the pain... but it never did because that cursed little voice in my head always said wait till next year, it will be better....

The funny thing is I told my wife before the game, they may win this game. She looked at me without saying a word, with a sad far away look in her eyes, a a sort of recognition that this franchise has finally pushed me over the edge of known reality into the alternate reality called NYJ.

Over the years, I have seen this team win games like yesterday's. Why do you think my alias is "SOJaz" because they always do the unexpected. I have learned to accept that fact and while I wait for the next installment, I hear an ambulance siren getting louder and louder...

19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Every single team in NFL history with 1 win has gotten the first overall pick besides the 2001 Panthers, who lost the first pick because the Texans were an expansion team that year.

The Cardinals went 3-13 the year they drafted Murray. The Jets didn't fuck it up, they got dumb shit, fucked up luck. Namath sold his fucking soul to the Devil.

20. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Which begs the question, on a team with many needs, with one QB already in our midst that needed development and the system failed him miserably, do we want to go down the same route again for the next three years. I feel TL was plug and play with restrictions, Fields is work in progress.

SOJAZ, ColoradoContrails and K'OB like this.