I’m done

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thirtyoddfreestyle, Dec 20, 2020.

1. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Could possibly be because the Rams took this one for granted and didn't show up until late in the third quarter.

It's sad that we're celebrating a performance that just screams "game manager" from a guy who was the #3 overall pick. Tis the plight of a Jets fan. We'll never have a stud QB. We'll just have to hope to get a perfect hand dealt to us so that a JAG QB can luck into leading us to the promised land in a fluke of a season sometime down the road.

stinkyB and REVISion like this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

QBs don't play at the same level every game, they play on a distribution. Today Sam played on the right tail of his distribution. That doesn't mean he'll be any better going forward.

matt robinson 17 and REVISion like this.
  3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I have no idea but we've seen this out of him in the past at the end of the season and we saw it out of Geno Smith at the end of a couple of seasons.

You get down near the end and the season is already shot and maybe you just say "oh what the fuck I'll go for it anyway" and voila competent QB play against an opposition that isn't on the ball.

Then the next season in camp you're the same guy you've always been with marginal improvements maybe and the franchise can't reconcile the two timeframes so they give you the job again...

I'm not saying that Sam Darnold can't be a good QB in the NFL. Just that nothing that he has shown us so far particularly suggests that he will be.

Honestly at this point I really don't rate him much higher than I rated Sanchez at a similar point in his career and he only gets that much benefit of the doubt because he has played with a worse supporting cast by quite a bit.

4. jets_fan

Heck, Geno posted a perfect QB rating in that Week 17 game that one time. 20/25 for 358 and 3 TDs.

A comparatively pedestrian, 22/31 for just 207 yards and a single TD in a year where he's been nothing but awful game in and game out isn't enough to justify continuing forward. If this is the effort that we're celebrating, then there's really just no future for this franchise.

matt robinson 17, REVISion and Br4d like this.
  5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

There is no excuse this year.

There are a plethora of talented, free agent and rookie wide receivers. There is NO excuse this year to only get one.

6. jets_fan

The free agent wide receivers aren't coming here unless we massively overpay them like we did with Le'Veon. There's no reason for them to come to a 1-15 team whose QB is celebrated for throwing just north of 200 yards when they have other options.

HomeoftheJets and JetsNation06 like this.
  7. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I am definitely demoralized at this point along with a lot of you on here. I'm praying for a miracle (Jax win) and we lose the last two. However, we all know that's not how it works as Jets fans.

Admittedly fall/early winter Sundays haven't been nearly as fun for several years now. I'm not going to wait for some long, circuitous rebuild at this point with no clear hope for the future. And more of the same perplexing, horrible leadership (Ownership, FO, coaching, etc).

I'll see how the season ends, where we pick (#2 most likely) and what we do in FA. That said, I'm so over expecting good things from this franchise that I'll probably be done with them for good, sooner rather than later.

IDFjet, HomeoftheJets, Noam and 3 others like this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Triple plus to that..

5 decades of dashed hopes

I will soon roll the dice with Las Vegas R's (excuse the pun )

Chucky and Mayock better option

JetsNation06 likes this.
  9. jets_fan

This is where I'm at. Everything for me related to football has been just unenjoyable for several years now to the point where I may just give up on the sport for a while. Can't see myself rooting for another team, but the Jets at this point certainly haven't done anything to deserve having their loyal fans continue to support them. We're almost to the point where this is a franchise that will become completely irrelevant, at which point it will never be able to recover, no matter how good the plan is. That kind of franchise, and the idiots who run it, do not deserve the support of the fanbase and certainly don't deserve to have their pockets further lined with billions upon billions of dollars off of the backs of people who pay for their product that they shovel out with no effort to provide a better one to those who support it in the first place.

10. TurkJetFan

TurkJetFan Well-Known Member

The fact the Jets won the game and I literally do not care makes me wonder if I’m already done and don’t even know it

matt robinson 17 and Cman68 like this.
  11. horsehead

horsehead Well-Known Member

As much as I’d love to move on, it’s impossible.
    Been following the Jets since the late 70s. They’ll be my team till I die.
    What I won’t do, is buy or put on any Jets team merch.
    Haven’t worn anything Jets since Gase was hired.
    Jet ownership needs to change hands, and soon.

Pray for a Christmas miracle, Jags squeak one out now that those players are hearing they’re tanking. Let their pride kick in for a week.

12. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I just can't fathom how some people are celebrating this. Sam had a better game than he usually does but it was still a mediocre game - and some people are HAPPY? When it means we're going to miss out on the best QB prospect in like 8 years?

Idk if I can be a fan for much longer. There's just never a light at the end of the tunnel. And even when you think there is, they find a way to rip it away at the last second. This franchise just never gives any reason for hope.

13. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

It’s not celebrating this. I wanted Lawrence also but at the end of the day it’s very hard to win zero games and getting on a team for not quitting is ridiculous. And I want to know when Sam got so bad with these make believe Jet fans? They surrounded him with no one, he’s not some bad player. Threw him out like he was nothing, it’s embarrassing.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

wentz is an interesting thought but what are u paying him??

i would kick the tires on watson of the texans.

i still say darnold isn't a lock to leave. i wouldn't be crushed over that as long as they can maximize draft capital at key positions in 21 and 22. Plugging in a veteran QB into a playoff caliber roster is a bit easier these days then ever before.

semperfigreen likes this.
  15. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

When Sam got so bad? Have you looked up his stats, ever? He is literally the worst starting QB in the NFL lol. We're pulling our hair out because we still have fans like you who somehow think Sam is good. He's not good, he's not average, he's not below average, he's horrible. Idk how we still have fans who think otherwise when all of his stats are bad lmao.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Don’t you dare. If I have to do another season of Gase and don’t have the comic relief that is offered here there will be a staggering body count. For the good of the general public this site must remain open

17. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

You seemed pretty confident a few days ago...

18. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Yep. 1-13 makes my dick hard.

Wahoo and REVISion like this.
  19. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

Yes, rationally the most likely scenario was the better team would win. I’m not sure how you could argue against such a rational position.

but having watched the Rams all year there was significant concern about their ability to shit the bed considering their QB.

you seem intent on attempting to dispute my positions as if they are contradictory so please explain how these positions are disputable. There’s no contradiction in believing a team should win but being concerned that they won’t.

20. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Anyone saying they are done as a Jet fan is a retarded pussy. No one gives a fuck if youre done. And some of you havent even been fans that long comparitively speaking. Im 40 years in.....nothing but aggravation experienced but what am I gonna do? Root for the Bills? The Giants? Not watch football and go shopping with my wife on weekends. Fuck off. Youre all gay cunts saying youre done......I assume youve disabled your TGG accounts by now so you wont be able to read this right? sure

#120 jonnyd, Dec 21, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2020