Day After POSITIVES

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by patleahy, Dec 21, 2020.

1. #28Martin

#28Martin Well-Known Member

At the end of the day, when you look at their past six games, other then the Seattle one, they’re not the worst team. They’re not a 0 win team. They lost a handful of games they should have won. Jacksonville ended up worse then them. I would have liked Lawrence but Darnold with weapons is fine.

2. Terminated117

Terminated117 Active Member

They had their hands on the future, a very bright one at that, and blew it for a morale win that will be forgotten by next Sunday. This team and its owners deserve every bit of vitriol it’s getting.

HomeoftheJets, Jets79 and Noam like this.
  3. #28Martin

Tua throws a bunch of 3 yard passes.

4. mezzavo

mezzavo Well-Known Member

The NY Jets could fuck up a WET DREAM! I don't care if we had every single dollar available in the Salary Cap and the first 10 picks in the draft. This team could fuck up every single last one of them.

5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

RETURN OF THE MEZZ!...... It's a Lawrencemas miracle!

Noam and mezzavo like this.
  6. Bumrush99

Bumrush99 Member

I come in peace as a Dolphins fan.

I know all too well the carnage of Adam Gase. He's a complete moron and buffoon. Like the Jets, many of us had hoped that we would go winless last season. We didn't and instead built a culture with Flores that overachieved, leading to Miami being a more attractive FA destination. We have over 20 new contributors playing at a high level with a draft class that is nearly all starting and playing well.

My point is that coaching matters. Despite Gase, the Jets have been playing better the last quarter of the season and have been competitive. It sucks to lose out on Trevor but landing the right HC can fix the ship, and fix it quickly. No more boneheaded assholes like Gase are needed. He never started rookies and always deferred to washed up veterans while running out the best talent on the team.

The Jets are loaded with draft picks, much like Miami in 2020 and 2021.

All is not lost. Use that draft capital wisely, trade down when needed to stock up for 2022 and between the Bills, Phins and Jets we can bury the Patriots for the next 10 years.

7. mezzavo

Oh I called this one 3 weeks ago. In fact I doubled down after the Faiders game.... It's the NY Jets thing to do.

alleycat9 likes this.
  8. mezzavo

I don't care if he throws 2 yard passes and RUNS the rest of the time...what part of tearing our assholes apart do you not get?

9. mezzavo

I appreciate the sentiments. Thanks for dropping by. Of course, if the Jets front office had listened to me we wouldn't be discussing Gase because he would have never been on the team.

NCJetsfan, Ben Had and Bumrush99 like this.
  10. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

it really is and us guys who have been jets fans for decades, going on 35 years for me know it all too well. the leadership is poor, its been poor my entire life and not even bill parcells could overcome it.

SOJAZ, Jets79, mezzavo and 3 others like this.
  11. Bumrush99

Bumrush99 Member

Gase is a fraud. When he wins they barely squeak by.. It almost takes a miracle. When he loses it's an all out blowout. The clown doesn't care about the defense either. Miami had historically bad defenses under Gase.

The Jets would have been better off brining Kotite back than that clown.

All self respecting Dolphin fans were thrilled when he was fired. He's also a backstabber, he throws players under the bus anonymously to his little media moles. Good thing the NY press is on to his bullshit.

The second he leaves NY the Jets will be better.

12. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i agree, the fact the idiot owners thought this is the guy we want to lead our organization is beyond me. in reality the ownership and leadership is a fraud for buying any of his bullshit. he is a sociopath, how that got by these dumbfucks is beyond me.

SOJAZ, mezzavo and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. Ben Had

Ben Had Active Member

I take it you wouldn't want him as your QB...lol

14. mezzavo

Stinky!!!!!! How you doing brother!?!

Yeah, just not a whole lot to comment on this year. Was just going to take the year off...solidify myself in my new job and enjoy watching movies on the weekend...I mean, I have indigestion bad enough...there's no way in HELL I was watching a Jets game, this year, outside the 49'er game thanks to my wife being a Niner fan. The plan was to sit down with my NFL Game Pass and do the whole season over a weekend to assess with the coaches film. But noooooooooooo

This fuck-ass of a team had to drag me out of my sabbatical with the WORST loss since the AFCC loss in 1999. And that loss is a DISTANT second!!!!!!

EVERYONE knows this is a QB driven league. Mahomes, L. Jackson...just LOOK at what Murray did in Arizona! These QB's are considered Damn good QB's...but Lawrence is considered SPECIAL! Better than all of them. What do the Jets do? Shit it away...flush.... I can honestly say, at 51 years old, I've never been this angry with this team. Not 1999...not in 2011...I dig and think and dig.....think...no....never....my wife had to really "talk" me down last night...of course, she had to get her dig in that I should be a 49'ers fan...but nope. I've NEVER been this angry about this team. EVER....

REVISion, dawinner127 and stinkyB like this.
  15. Bumrush99

Bumrush99 Member

Please note that Miami is currently missing it's top three WR's (Parker, Williams and Grant), it's top TE (Gesicki) and nearly all their running backs for the past 1.5 months due to injury/ COVID. They finally had two decent running backs active against the Patsies and chewed them up.

Ben Had likes this.
  16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

You have 20 years on me so saying I feel your pain and suffering isn't fair, but fuck sake I understand and god less each and every one of you fans who have endured this joke of a franchise for longer than me.

My father, who knows DICK ALL about college ball was fuming last night. He couldn't even tell you what team TL plays for, but everything he heard about TL was that he is generational and we legit just flushed it down the fucking toilet because we wanted to win a meaningless game in December. I had feelings of the 09 and 10 AFCCG in my stomach for hours upon hours after that loss. This is fucking miserable.

NCJetsfan and mezzavo like this.
  17. #28Martin

Not overly impressed.

18. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

I appreciate this thread:

1. We have future core and long-term players, high character too in Quinnen, Maye, Becton, Bryce Hall, Mims, Mann.
    2. Sam looked good yesterday. Is what it is but lets build around him and sign him to a friendly deal.

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

As with all things, the 'middle ground' is closer to the truth. It takes a really bad team - and especially really bad coaching - for a team to win, at best 3 games in the Parity League. The fact that the Jets proved the NFL slogan of "Any given Sunday" true doesn't mean they're suddenly a good team, or that Gase is suddenly a good coach. That said, the hysteria over winning yesterday is way overboard.

I said it from Day 1: the Jets are not "Tanking for Trevor". Why is this suddenly a shock to anyone? You were delusional to believe this, and now that your delusion has been smashed you're upset? While the team roster is still bad, there are some real bright spots: Becton, Q, Mims, Maye, Hall, Mann, and a few more that show real promise. IOW, a foundation to be built upon, unlike the past 7+ years. And maybe Darnold isn't as bad as he's looked.

OTOH, Gase is still the HC, and until he's gone nothing else matters. To me that's the real dark prospect, not losing a chance to draft Lawrence, who - despite all the potential carries no guarantees he'll succeed in the NFL, let alone on a team like the Jets.

I'm not thrilled, but my suggestion is: let's see what the next two games and their aftermath bring. We'll know all we need to know about whether there's really any hope or not, much of that depending on whether Gase is fired or not.

20. Bumrush99

Bumrush99 Member

Plus, why would Gase give a flying fuck if they win? He knows he's a goner and winning will only stick it the Jets organization and their fans. He has no incentive to lose.

Flores on the other hand, had just signed when Miami was tanking and was given a roster that was completely gutted and starting practice squad level talent. Miami fans were pissed when he won won five games but in retrospect it set the stage for what will be a sustained run. Flores was expected to lose and had 3 years to get the team competitive. He did it in half a season.

If the Jets were smart they would have fired Gase when the team started flashing, benched Darnold and rode off in to the Trevor sunset. Gase had no reason to go along with the tank.

NCJetsfan and HomeoftheJets like this.