We are the laughtinstock of entire NFL fan bases

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Dec 20, 2020.

1. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

if he does I will activly start trolling them online and every social media source. I have not watched a game since game 3 Gase sucks and needs to go

papapump likes this.
  2. Metstrife

Metstrife Active Member

Being British, I still find it weird being gutted when your team win as I was last night. There has to be something wrong with a sport when it pays to lose but that's for another thread.

I've been a Jets fan for 30 years and nothing embarrasses me more as a fan than when I see other Jets fans saying 'that's it, I'm done with this team'. That's the sort of behaviour i'd expect from my 10 and 7 year old daughters if they don't get their own way. You take the rough (plenty in the Jets case) with the smooth and you accept the cards you're dealt. If / when the Jets turn it around, it will feel all the better because of times like we're enduring right now.

Of course, missing out on Lawrence would be a huge kick in the balls but just because the clearest path to turning this team around might be gone, it doesn't mean it can't be done. Was Mahomes taken at 1? Watson? Rogers? Wilson? Sure, Lawrence may well be the generational talent that many believe him to be, but that doesn't mean any of the others in the draft can't be franchise QBs. Who would have thought Josh Allen would have looked this good three years ago?

Joe Douglas is a guy who has worked his entire football life to be a GM. Now he has his shot. Do you really think he's going to sit back and put his career and future on Sam Darnold's shoulders and not draft Fields, or Wilson or Lance? There is no way on earth he's doing that and if he does, he deserves everything that comes his way. You're also going to struggle to find a new head coach of any merit if he's forced to take on Darnold as his quarterback. The Jets are drafting a QB, just maybe not the QB we'd all dreamed of.

Based on his first draft, I trust JD as a talent evaluator. Becton is incredible, Mims looks like he could be a stud and we've seen some nice flashes from Hall and Davies. So I have no reason to believe that he won't draft well again. Gase and co will be out of here in two Mondays time. We've got enough picks, and a ton of cap space and we're in a league where many will be over the cap next year. There are other ways to do this other than relying on the number one pick, brilliant though he may be. No-one became a Jets fan for the glory so why change now just because we're not getting the no1 pick!

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Agreed...except for the part about assuming Gase will be fired. Maybe you haven't been a Jets fan long enough.;)

But there have been much darker times in my life as a Jets fan (58+ years), and this doesn't even make the top 10. Now, if Gase IS retained, THAT will move up into the top 2 or 3 all time shit moments in Jets history.

Metstrife likes this.
  4. Sandman

Sandman Well-Known Member

I completely agree with all you are saying. It hurts, its like we get kicked, go down and they the Jets just keep on kicking. Watching a game hoping the other team can turn around a deficit and then being gutted that we won just shows how low we have dropped. Will I give up? never. I will always stick by my teams. I have to have some hope for the next season.

Im too old to change teams, and too loyal to give up. Even when I think I can not watch. I do. So that wont change.

Lets look at the silver lining. Its nice to see the Patriots come back down to being Average. Lets hope we can draft well.

Metstrife likes this.
  5. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

Oh I'm not saying that the top guy is always the best guy. No question that often the best guy is elsewhere in the draft.

But we are not elsewhere; we are at #1 or #2, and I can't find a scenario where there were 2 QBs picked at those spots, and #2 ended up better than #1 (or in fact, #2 ended up anything other than a bust).

I've been dismissing the commenters who say "if we don't get Trevor, don't draft a QB" but they might have some validity:( Perhaps if we don't get Trevor, we should let somebody else bite on Fields, trade down, and draft somebody else. History indicates that Fields is likely an overvalued bust.

Oh and to your other point:

Now I think Fields is a bust because he's the rising #2 QB candidate in the draft, and those guys never end well :)

REVISion likes this.
  6. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

No. Please. Just.... no.

SixDemonBag likes this.
  7. Peebag

Peebag Well-Known Member

Just wait until you're vested 50 years into this team.
    F*ck the Jets.

8. Baumeister

Baumeister Well-Known Member

Week 15 was a total trap game.............for the Jets!
    I thought there was no way in hell they would win this game. With LA still playing for a division title one would have thought the would have really showed up for this one.

9. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

This happens every year - teams talk themselves into reaching for the 2nd and 3rd best QB prospects. We had the easy choice in Lawrence and we fucked it up.

JetsKickAss and Snoopdogg like this.
  10. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

These are the Jets, so Gore loses his balance and falls into the endzone.

stinkyB and REVISion like this.
  12. Snoopdogg

Snoopdogg Active Member

Hey - 50 years ago, the Jets were defending Super Bowl champs! Life was good!

papapump likes this.