Poll;If Gase is HC next year, will you still be a Jets fan?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Dec 7, 2020.

?

Will you still be a Jets fan?

1. Yes

43 vote(s)
    37.4%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    24.3%
  3. No but I might come back if he's fired eventually

44 vote(s)
    38.3%
  1. Remember the bleakness of 2016-17? It was widely reported the goal was to be ready to take over the AFCE for Brady’s anticipated departure in 2020. Well heres 2020 & THIS is where we’re at.

This ownership couldnt execute an average grilled cheese sandwich w 4 year’s notice. Let alone build a competent football operation.

ColoradoContrails and ouchy like this.
  2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The bold is not necessarily true. To begin with it was said that the Johnsons limited what Douglas could spend this year in FA. Second, he knew this team was only probably going to be so good with Gase as HC, with Covid, with Mosley opting out, with Williamson recovering from a major injury, and with a bunch of key players injured early. Spending more money this year would have been throwing good money after bad, and not smart, especially when he didn't know what Covid would do to the season, and if they'd even be able to play an entire season. Spending a lot more money this year would have been a waste of cap space and the Johnsons' money, and unwise in the extreme. He is being a prudent, responsible GM and seeking to spend the money wisely. I believe that he was saving the money until next year, when he knew that his rookies would have a year experience, he would have another rookie draft class, probably a new HC, and maybe hopefully or probably a new starting QB. That would be the time to use that cap space, and as it has turned out, he was brilliant for doing so. Now with a much lower salary cap, he has the 2nd most cap space with which to work, and should be able to sign some players that he normally wouldn't have been able to because many, if not most teams will be tight against the cap, won't be able to sign many, if any players, and some teams will have to let good players go.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yeah, good points, but that makes the bold true. He was looking to the future, not winning in 2020. That is what I meant by no interest in winning. I should have said winning a lot or contending for a playoff spot.

4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

5. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Not only that, they will come out and say they have faith in Sam and will stick with him. The reality will be TL refused to play for the Jets. They keep Sam, they can keep Gase and continue trying to fool the fanbase into thinking things are rosy.

6. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

If Gase is head coach next season, the Jets should be relegated to the second division. Something which should have been done a long time ago.

7. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

HELL NO!!!!

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

8. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

I will remain a fan, but I will not watch a game, or attend a game.

Frankly the Johnson's are terrible but even they know they can't bring back Gase. It was an awful hire to begin with and I think the amount of negative press and lost profits will speak very loudly.

I expect Gase to be fired, and to a lesser degree I expect Douglas to be given the ability to have a much bigger say in who is the next HC.

9. Terminated117

Terminated117 Active Member

Look, serves this franchise right for losing any fan who’s invested their time, energy and hard earned money into this awful product for as long as they’ve been awful...and to top it all off with this season. I could never blame anyone for bailing on this diaper-fire of a team

KWJetsFan likes this.