Lawrance vs Fields. Which one better for the Jets?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Brook!, Oct 4, 2020.

?

Who you like for the Jets in 2021 Draft?

Poll closed Jul 4, 2021.
  1. Lawrance

94.5%
  2. Fields

5.5%
  1. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Can we add Zach Wilson to this thread? There is a 0% chance I want to Fields...

matt robinson 17 and baalworship like this.
  2. SettlerDawg

SettlerDawg Well-Known Member

Zach Wilson is the 2nd best QB in the draft and it's not even close between him and the rest. Wilson is a natural thrower and he has scrambling ability. Fields is a dream athlete but he struggles hard when reading the field. He will need an offense tailor-made to hide his deficiencies.

3. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

The stuff about Fields not seeing the field is scary. We already have a QB with physical tools that can't see the field

4. baalworship

baalworship Active Member

Lawrence
    Wilson
    Lance

Maybe Ridder if he declares from Cinci...

Fields

5. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

Kyle Trask looks like the best pure thrower in the class... want to see how Lawrence/Fields do against Alabama... Trask lit them up.

The more I watch, the more I think Trask has a chance to be an Hebert type in the NFL.

He makes some incredible throws.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  6. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

In 3 weeks time you went from not being impressed to making Fields out to be the top dog.

So when he throws 3 picks vs Bama and gets the doors blown off what’s ur opinion going to be then?

Lawrence is the only sure thing in this draft at the QB spot. I also feel Fields has improved his stock but let’s not get hasty and start crowning him over a true 5 star prospect in Lawrence

AJW likes this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I'm not crowning Fields anything. I've just stated facts that I've read, heard, and/or observed. There are some things at which Fields is better than Lawrence. The opposite is also true. I think they're pretty equal. Both are amazing prospects. I don't think that either is a generational QB, but I do believe that both have very, very good chances of becoming top 10 QBs in the NFL. I just happen to like Fields more at the moment. That could change during the next 4 months. I've explained why I was down on Fields. I listened to too many negative voices here, and hadn't seen any of his other games this year other than his two bad ones after posters here pointed them out and shared links. I had forgotten the Fields I saw last year. For certain, I will be watching a lot more video on both, Wilson and Lance before the draft, and reading everything I can find about all of them. I will be very happy with which ever of the two of them falls to the Jets at #2. I truly believe that JD will take whichever one is there at #2. I'm certain that he's not going to roll with Sam. He may opt to trade down a little and take Wilson, or trade down more and take Lance, but I'd be surprised at the former, and downright shocked at the latter.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  8. Rockinz

What facts? The only thing I see you post is flip flopping like a fish out of water. You literally went from not wanting Fields at all to saying you believe he’s a better prospect than Trevor Lawrence lol

Say that out loud and you’ll laugh too...

Look I don’t want to bicker with you but you always try and call me out on my evaluations and I always stand by my observations. I admit I was really hard on Fields after the Indiana and NW games because he looked awful and a typical Ohio st qb. With his big game vs Clemson there is some optimism that those games could have just been bad games it’s just I don’t like when prospects have 2 really bad ones. 1 I can excuse but 2 gets me worried. This game vs Bama where his number 1 in Olave will have his hands full with Surtain will tell me a lot because his first read won’t be there as much as usual. Fields struggles when his first read isn’t there and he needs to work through progressions because he simply holds on to the ball for too long which results in the rush getting home or him having to use his feet to escape the pocket. Against Clemson his protection was awesome and he was able to work through progressions vs Bama that will be a different story. We’ll see soon enough!

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

To begin with, I didn't say that he was a better prospect than Lawrence. I said I liked him better and that he is better in SOME WAYS.

Second, it's still very early in the draft process, and my mind is open, it can change. If you don't like that, then feel free to skip my posts.

10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It's an interesting topic because if Ohio State had a full season this year and Fields continued as he was, he would have likely finished the year as the #1 prospect over Lawrence. While Lawrence has been solid for 3 years, Fields has had better numbers for the past two years, including an incredibly high completion percentage.

It has been discussed ad nauseum on this board about statistics and how they do not tell the whole story, but it is not something to ignore either.

I would not be shocked if Fields turns into the better QB in the NFL once all of this is said and done.

Funny but I have an ongoing argument with my old man on the topic. I was always iffy on Fields and sold on Lawrence. He HATES Lawrence and does not see what everyone else does. After the Clemson game it was a lot of fun getting on his case about it.

11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

I'd be happy with Fields or Wilson, as long as the Darnold era is over...still think, there's a slim chance, if Fields cruises vs Alabama, Lawrence maybe there at 2

12. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

No way

REVISion and matt robinson 17 like this.
  13. matt robinson 17

Agreed, but don’t underestimate how stupid the Jags are...

14. stinkyB

Smart enough to play Mike Glennon and bench Rashard Robinson when they needed to. ;)

15. matt robinson 17

Good point

16. stinkyB

Plus, while Shad Khan may not be a "football guy", he's a self-made billionaire and a hustler..... he knows Trevor Lawrence = ticket sales

17. Rockinz

This is the best post in a while

stinkyB likes this.
  18. Rockinz

I just am hoping for Fields to throw 4-5 TDs and 3-400 yards vs Bama so the chatter in the ear of Urban Meyer starts. Oh boy! Gonna be an interesting off season

19. stinkyB

It's not Fields played for Meyer..... I dont really see the connection.
    Besides, Lawrence is like Tebow with an accurate arm, think Meyer passes that up?

20. Rockinz

The Ohio st connection is there and I feel if he has a big game vs Bama Meyer won’t be able to resist. We’ll see might need to swap picks to make it happen in that scenario but it’s worth it.