TANKATHON - Jets & Jaguars Tank Bowl (What to Root for)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Brook!, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

This^.

The Seahawks just ran for 174 at almost 5 yards a clip and had the luxury of putting their backup quarterback in for the entire fourth quarter.

Before yesterday the Browns were running for about 50 yards more per game than the Seahawks. The Browns should easily hang 250 on the ground against us.

2. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

It’s much more likely that the Colts have there playoff spot locked up and rest starters week 17 than Bill Belichick being scared of the Jets getting Lawrence and willing to be their only win to avoid that happening.

So even though the Colts are a better team than the Pats the Pats are gonna be fired up to not be the one loss in 1-15 while the Colts are gonna be going through the motions preparing for next week.

I’m starting to feel good about it happening which is what scares me the most.

3. RedRoute1

RedRoute1 Guest

It doesn't make me happy to write this as I'm still a Darnold supporter (let's face it, it's not a 100% lock he won't be back next year unless the Jets lock in the #1 pick)), but after reading the stories of the aftermath from the SEA game and the beaten down way Darnold carried himself, maybe keeping him in (i.e. no Morgan) may be best at this point. I'm sure Morgan would throw 4 picks against a BB defense but wondering if complete status quo (i.e. no more firings, keep playing the same players, keep playing Darnold) is the best way to ensure the #1 pick. The last thing we need at this point is any fluky stuff, spark plugs or introducing any randomness to the equation...This is what the Jets have driven me too, complete paranoia.

4. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Why change what's working?

Since there's no tape on Morgan, he may get away with a win.

ouchy, REVISion and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. GQMartin

GQMartin Go 'Cuse

Garrett is having an All-Pro season. He will get at least 2 sacks in this game. Watch.

There is no way the Jets are going to scheme for the Brown's pressure correctly.

We will see yet another sub 225 yard total offense day.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. hobgoblin

hobgoblin Well-Known Member

That Patriots game is terrifying but it's a little encouraging that it's in Foxborough.

Hopefully Jax will steal one against the Bears so we can be at ease going into week 17

ouchy and Noam like this.
  7. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

For anybody still doubting what is at stake.....Giants defeated the Redskins last year. Giants got Andrew Thomas and he might be a nice player who plays tackle for 10 years. Skins got Chase Young, an LT-type who is going to dominate defensively for another 5-7 years and then be a star player for another 5 years beyond that.

KY Jets Fan, Noam and NCJetsfan like this.
  8. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Since this is down to these two teams, I thought I would create a thread on different games to root for that also impact this race. For example, we could include injury notes, playoff implications and other items of opponents that would effect the likelihood of a Jets or Jags win. I'll include a few I've been watching:

• Even though the Ravens are heavy favorites this week--they are very injured (almost completely down in the secondary) and their WR's are in covid protocol with no practice.
    • They are on a short week and just played probably their biggest game of the year in that Browns game
    • Ravens are also dealing with a off the field drama with Marcus Peters incident
    • Minshew mania is back for the Jags and he's playing for his career these last 3--also the team plays harder for him
    • A lot to like here for the Jags win, even though it's the Ravens
    • Root for Vikes to beat Bears and for Cards to beat Philly--this will almost deplete the Bears chances of playoffs and they will be less motivated vs. Jags next week
    • Root for Colts wins the next two weeks--this should concrete them in the playoffs and we want them to REST starters that last game of the year for the Jags
    If any of you know factoids that could determine these games--ass it in the thread!

TANK ON!

9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Living in NE FL and many of my friends being JAGS fans, One funny thing in this shitty season has been almost every weekend there's been random text exchanges....
    "GO JETS!"
    "GO JAGS!"

None of us have rooted for our own team since a month into the season... kinda sad, but has morphed into humor

#1089 stinkyB, Dec 18, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2020
  10. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

I know NE is dead, but if they win out is there a chance they make the playoffs?

JetsKickAss likes this.
  11. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

Just do our job and don't win a single game.

12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Other stuff must break right. Like Ravens and Dolphins losses.

FrontOfficeFanatic likes this.
  13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

the SOS thing is dead. we are too far ahead. we just need to root for the jags to win

14. FrontOfficeFanatic

Very true! Only things to root for is for us to lose out and hope an opponent slips vs. the Jags.

It does help with Minshew--he's arguably more effective than Darnold.

JetsKickAss and GasedAndConfused like this.
  15. FrontOfficeFanatic

This is a great sign--this could mean were preparing rookies for the final stretch here....

I'm hoping it's Morgan for week 17 but most likely will be Sam.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i wouldn't start morgan but i'd be happy to see cam start

17. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If the Colts win their next two games, the only way they'll rest starters is if the Titans lose their next two games. Otherwise the AFC South title will still be up for grabs in Week 17.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  18. Terminated117

Terminated117 Active Member

Idk ‍...the franchise can’t do anything right. I can’t even count of them to lose right for the betterment of the franchise, that’s how bad sh!t is

19. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

There are 31 other starters in the NFL that are more effective than Darnold.

20. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

good intiaitve. Let's merge threads with Tankathon and keep your thread title.

NCJetsfan and FrontOfficeFanatic like this.