Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

What's really depressing about this storm is its only Dec 16th. Only 3 more months or so dealing with snow. For me in Fair Lawn, NJ (Bergen County) they are saying between 10-14 inches.

Brook! likes this.
  2. jaywayne12

jaywayne12 Well-Known Member

I'm doing this in voice so I hope it comes out okay. Unbelievable fantastic job done by all. You guys are amazing. Here's the only thing I'll add because I just really looked at the models just now for like the last half hour. Here is a hint at what could happen. If at some point tonight you start here the pinging of sleet and it really starts to sleet and that is very possible west of i-95, cut the numbers in half. You're supposed to get 16 you're only going to get eight. That's really it. If you start to hear a prolonged period of sleep it's over. And it's very possible very possible that that line because of the incredible strength of this storm could move more West and North. I doubt it gets very far into New York State but that's all I would keep an eye on other than that enjoy the storm baby

Cman68, FJF, CBG and 1 other person like this.
  3. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jay

This is your kingdom. You gotta sit on the throne during Storm times. Please don't make this appearance a short one. Seeing your avatar brings a smile to our faces. Please stay :)

jaywayne12 likes this.
  4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Nice to see you brother , as everyone loves when the caped crusader makes a cameo. Jay,,,,,, now what do I know but I think the changeover MIGHT occur along the coast and into NYC as well ( all depends on how this plays out ) but IMO humble opinion even if those places do changeover they are going to get a shitload of snow before it happens ,,,,thoughts ? PS I do not think that guys up north ( me ) will have to deal with changeover ( and yes I see and understand "kinda " the mid levels,,,lol ) or mixing at all,,,,thoughts brother ?

jaywayne12 and Brook! like this.
  5. jaywayne12

Hey cbg. Hey brook.. given I'm doing this by voice. So I'm sorry if it's just a run of words.
    Yeah CBG I mean you look at the radar now and you can see in South Jersey pushing into South Central Jersey Southeastern Jersey that bright yellow is just a downpour of sleet... so tonight as you're watching the radar you're going to see that push from Southeast to Northwest. How far does it go. I think many areas I mean like 80% will see at least a brief downpour of sleet. The question is is it heavy snow then heavy sleet and then heavy snow at the end again the last 6 hours let's say. And that's the big dilemma on this storm. I would this is a nightmare to forecast period because it it's going to bust big time for some. the question is how far north west does that sleet line go tonight. All snow over ?16 in easy easy easy easy you start throwing sleet in the picture for three or four hours it weighs down the snow it's half maybe less. west of i-95 is where that battleground will be somewhere west of i-95. I think at some point New York City is just going to have a sleet fest. But I could be wrong. It's just that every Future model keeps showing this incredible line of sleet just off the ocean and heading inland the question is how far does it get pushed in. If you hear that pinging tonight of sleet how long does it last an hour? Or does it take over most of the night and there is your difference between 6 inches or 17 inches and 16 or 17 inches

Brook! likes this.
  6. Brook!

So Jay. I am an established snow hater. In terms of difficulty of shoveling, what is the best case scenario and worst case scenario for Madison? :)

7. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

[​IMG]

3hrs in.. Moderate snow presently

FJF likes this.
  8. jaywayne12

Hey Brook!! This is definitely not going to be the puffy stuff the light stuff but it won't be a total wet I'd say somewhere in between buddy somewhere in between and did I say how happy I am to see CBG here that made my day

CBG and Brook! like this.
  9. Brook!

Same here Jay. My uncle C is a staple of this board and seeing him and you on this thread made my day. His only fault is his love for Snow. I think he is getting old and nostalgic and nothing wrong with that. Lol :)

CBG likes this.
  10. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Now very heavy snow.. Almost white out conditions.

CBG likes this.
  11. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

There’s a chance I might have some frost on the palm tree in my front yard in the morning. I’m gonna have to leave some extra time to defrost my windshield.

12. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Goddamn you to hell

typeOnegative13NY likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I always did like when you sucked up......:)

14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

This right here is why I say fuck em when people are praying for the south during hurricane season.

15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Brook "sir " you always were a gentleman,,,,,,,,that said no matter what happens anywhere else Madison gets buried

Brook! likes this.
  16. typeOnegative13NY

typeOnegative13NY Well-Known Member

Lol. I do miss the snow though. At least when it’s falling. The muddy mess for days after, not so much.

FJF likes this.
  17. FJF

Nyc is going to bust. Mixing by midnight, Long Island same. That line is pushing hard to the north.

18. FJF

Snow just started here. I’ll be heading to work at 430 tomorrow morning. Should be a fun ride in

19. Brook!

Madison?

20. FJF

[​IMG]

The Waterboy, Brook! and CBG like this.