Mt. Gox (Bitcoin) goes down

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by soxxx, Feb 25, 2014.

1. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Decided to make one last post before I head out for the rest of 2020. I have work that needs to be completed. I expect Bitcoin to make one last pull back to the $6000s before making its march for $20,000 late this year into next year. Once when it breaks $20,000 it will moon like a rocket ship.

Ill be back once when it reaches $20,000, maybe. See you all (soon?). Party starts next year at some point, 2017 all over again.

2. NotSatoshiNakamoto

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

You should really do some research into what bitcoin is and how it works before ranting on and on about it. There's no such thing as a bitcoin account. There is a public ledger that keeps track of every wallet and every transaction. No one can move bitcoin from a wallet they don't have the private keys to. So as long as you're not a fucking moron and protect your private keys the problem you're imagining does not exist.

Maybe you're referring to an account on a centralized crypto exchange. You should never store your crypto on an exchange because as the saying goes, "not your keys, not your bitcoin."

The amount of bitcoin is finite and set in stone, unlike the amount of US dollars. You seem to think that is not true, but that is because you're ignorant on the subject matter.

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

No such thing as a Bitcoin account? What do you think a "wallet" is?

That's like saying a car is not an automobile, a bag is not a sack, the sky is not the ether, a key is not a password.

So, since you have arisen from the dead once again, tell us who you go to for justice when your Bitcoins disappear at the hands of another.

5. NotSatoshiNakamoto

The reason I don't call the cash in my wallet "an account" is that I'm not a fucking mongoloid. For the same reason, you should stop calling a bitcoin wallet an account.

You simply don't know what you're talking about. I have zero interest in attempting to convince you of something you refuse to educate yourself about.

Your loss. By 2023 you will be wishing you hadn't been willfully ignorant.

6. Ralebird

I don't care what you call the cash in your wallet, but to think that your Bitcoins are not in an account because some genius decided to call it a wallet instead is ridiculous. Grab a dictionary - a wallet is a physical thing, an account is not; that should be simple enough for even you to figure out.

Now tell us why you feel it is appropriate to use an insulting, derogatory term for for a disabled person in your response. Grow the fuck up.

7. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I've sort of come around to your thinking on bitcoin, I think long term it's going to be multiples higher - caveat that the one thing that could crush it is governments criminalizing it because they're afraid of losing control (especially authoritarians ones) and/or quantum computing becoming a reality making possible to crack the blockchain which would make it completely worthless

The biggest problem with bitcoin is still that it is subject to heavy manipulation and unstable pricing

8. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Bitcoin has broken all time high and has reached its highest price ever today.[​IMG]

9. NotSatoshiNakamoto

1 bitcoin right now costs $20,652, perhaps you should buy some.

Where you at soxxx? Time to party like it's 2021. Parabolic rise incoming

10. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

BITCOIN HAS BROKEN $20,000..........Bitcoin is heading toward $250,000+ by the end of next year

[​IMG]

11. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Getting ready to retire before the age of 30 man........crazy world we live in.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  12. Ralebird

Buy high...

13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Good for you guys.

How are those other off-brand cryptos doing?

14. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I am very bullish on Ethereum and Chainlink. Im actually up a lot on both of them but long term I see them being very important in the blockchain industry. I can now recommend Ethereum, along with Bitcoin. Most of the blockchain ideas are being built on Ethereum, and Ethereum is getting bigger and looks like the winner. Bitcoin I have way more conviction in, so it makes up about 70% of my Crypto portfolio. I do own very small amounts of other alts, but I just view them as lottery type of plays...

Overall though, the bull market is beginning again, right on time, every 4 years. I think Bitcoin is going to $100,000 in 2021 is a near lock at this point, I believe it will reach between $250,000-$300,000 next year, maybe higher. If you havent been following the space, there are a lot of hedge funds, public companies, professional investors, insurance funds, etc. all starting to buy Bitcoin. The momentum is starting, and I think people are being forced to enter Bitcoin due to the monetary policy put forth by governments.
    [​IMG]

15. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

17. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Bitcoin is now over $32,000 as the US Dollar continues to get eviscerated against Bitcoin.

Hyperinflation is coming, get ready:

#717 SOXXX2, Jan 2, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2021
  18. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Bitcoin breaches $42,000 less than a week after breaking $32,000.

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

probs to Dr. Bitcoin....errr... SOXXX

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Fun fact. I had about $600-$800 of XRP (Ripple) based on some speculation of the price of it getting exceedingly high. It went nowhere and stayed rather static until a 100%+ run a couple months ago. I decided to check back into it and I left it with a crypto exchange instead of pulling it out and storing it on an offline wallet.

The exchange went "defunct" aka they closed down and stole everyone's crypto and since it's based in Scotland and it's of course cryptocurrency there's basically nothing anyone can do.