Poll;If Gase is HC next year, will you still be a Jets fan?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by HomeoftheJets, Dec 7, 2020.

?

Will you still be a Jets fan?

1. Yes

43 vote(s)
    37.4%
  2. No

28 vote(s)
    24.3%
  3. No but I might come back if he's fired eventually

44 vote(s)
    38.3%
  1. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

What if he had their players?

2. SixDemonBag

SixDemonBag Member

Have I got a girl for you!

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

He'd go with the least effective RB and have Cam throw passes short of the sticks on 3rd down.

4. Terminated117

Terminated117 Active Member

Pretty much this. Being a fan doesn’t require you to subject yourself to this franchise’s complete nonsense week end and week out. I’ve already found other ways to spend my Sundays this season and haven’t sat thru a full Jets game this year to date. If Gase is back I’ll continue to be a fan but I ain’t going to be watching

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I think they have to know the can't keep him. There's no way you can justify going 0-16 and not being able to connect to players at all.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  6. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

People on this board were loving Greg William's last week. I'll worry about the HC when they have upper level players. Keep Gase or get someone new who cares but get better players for sure.

7. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

They should relocate if that trainwreck is anywhere near the team next year.

8. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

I will remain a fan, the Jets represent too much for my family history and our love of sports. I have been an avid fan since 1997--so I'm still a rookie compared to a lot in here.

I would say that I would look into more ways of voicing my opinion about the team--I would refuse to be silenced by our ownership. I don't live in the area anymore, but I would consider creating a blog, youtube channel or something else to push back on such a crazy decision.

I will say this: if we go 0-16 and keep Gase, I will be convinced of an under the table deal between Johnson's and Gase to tank. Basically a 1 year guarantee to turn things around with Lawrence--it might seem like a conspiracy theory, but it would be the only conceivable idea.

9. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'm with you Rockinz. I don't think an 0-84 run by Gase would drive me away.

But lets not actually put that to the test :)

10. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

If gase is the head coach next year it will confirm the johnsons are the worst owners ever and I will have zero hope in winning anything it really pointless being a jets fan I want to say I am out

IIMeanDeanII, Cman68 and rammagen like this.
  11. ILoveTheJets

ILoveTheJets Active Member

The Browns kept Hue Jackson after going 0-16 so it could happen with the Jets

Cman68 likes this.
  12. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

The Browns then continued on their same path of futility under Jackson the next year at least and at least fired him midway through. I think the Browns ownership thought that the 1-15 and 0-16 years were just growing pains, and Jackson was going to end up pulling a Jimmy Johnson for them once they got Mayfield. At least working into the Jets' favor is that that plan failed miserably.

That being said, if any team has put their stamp on doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting a different result, it's the Jets. I hope they realize that a lot of people will stop following them if they keep Gase, even if they get Lawrence.

13. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

This team is exhausting. I'm running out of things to say about their awfulness. If they keep gase i think it would be the end for me. It would defy all rational thought.

14. No Fly Zone

No Fly Zone Well-Known Member

I've been a season ticket holder for nearly 25 years. The last 8-9 years have been awful while I really enjoyed the 1st 12 or so from the Parcells era through the 2nd AFC championship game under Rex. After that its been a total shit show and Woody / Chris haven't shown any intellect at all in hiring qualified football people. These clowns even hired a marketing guy as President of the Jets... huh??? Neil may be a nice person, but he knows less about football than the Johnson's and that's a bar already set way too low. To be 20 years into ownership in the #1 sports market in the US and still not hire a good head of football operations, still hiring cheap, unproven, inexperienced, incompetent head coaches tell you they don't really know what they are doing and worse, they don't care about the fans. I was a lot younger when I lived through the post-Namath dark ages of the mid to late 70's. I never got the feeling back then that Hess lost the fan base even though the team was awful. That's not the case now. The Johnson's HAVE lost the fan base, they've disrespected us with the half-assed way they've paired GM's and head coaches, hired imbeciles for those positions, missed badly on draft picks for at least a decade, never set up the proper structure of a head coach reporting to a GM and the GM to head of football operations etc. The Johnson's seem brain dead and disinterested in their fanbase, just because they are rich trust babies doesn't make them smart, and they aren't. If they can't show a commitment to the fanbase, to hiring great football people to run the place then I have no interest in continuing to support this team, I'll just look for good games to watch, watch the NFL redzone and look see how promising young players develop.

I will not be a season ticket holder for the 2021 season if these clowns don't finally do the right thing with their organization.

LogeSection2RowJ and rammagen like this.
  15. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I'll still be a Jets fan, but I will be a semi-detached fan. I will have to detach somewhat to preserve my sanity. I'll probably keep an eye on their scores and watch highlights, but for live games I'll watch actual football teams.

16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

If he comes back in 2021 I will do the same exact thing I am doing this year. Hope they lose every game until he is eventually fired. I won't go to a game. I won't spend a penny on merch. Redzone and Scott Hansen will become remain my bestfriends for the entire 2021 season.. again.

rammagen likes this.
  17. GreenWhiteandGold

GreenWhiteandGold Well-Known Member

You don't ever stop being a fan, you may stop supporting the organisation financially, you may step back emotionally and not be as invested as you once we're but you will always be a fan, that will never change and those who say it will are just lying to themselves IMHO, a way of cushioning the blow of another completely inept season from a completely inept organisation

Terminated117 and Cman68 like this.
  18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The Jets are kind of like my alcoholic cousin.

When he’s sober and making good decisions I’m truly proud of him. He’s a good guy who’s fun as hell to be around and I enjoy his company. When he falls of the wagon and becomes self-destructive, I detach myself from the situation so that it doesn’t reek havoc in my life and for my family.

I still think about him and I want him to do well, but eventually I made peace with the fact that I have absolutely no control over the decisions that he makes, and that made it easier to take steps to mitigate the impact that his poor decisions have on my life.

That said, the door will always be open.

19. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

This makes a lot of sense.

There is a slight chance I stop following the Jets. There is no chance I start following another team. We have YouTube to watch old games. In fact, I have not watched a Herm Edwards era game in quite some time...

Jets81 likes this.
  20. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I do have other interests in the Fall I could start paying more attention to than watching this shit show on Sundays. I'll always be a Jet partisan, but I will have to step away from the Jets until something fundamentally changes. Been following this team since 1960 so I've paid my dues in spades. Originally, my signature read 2020 or bust. Well, it's looking like bust now. I stopped being a "fanatic" years ago. Now, I'll just have to watch the Jets the same way I watch the Knicks.. Once in a while when there's a reason to watch.

ColoradoContrails likes this.