2020 NFL Week 13: Las Vegas Raiders @ New York Jets

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 29, 2020.

1. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

He was calling an all out Blitz and not prevent though.

I am not bothered in the slightest as we got the result we wanted, a team showing improvement and with all those draft picks to come and cap space, it could be enough to get a good turnaround in just one season if JD hits the draft and FA well.

2 years definitely though :)

er fingers crossed lol

2. twown

twown Well-Known Member

It's very interesting. If the suggestion is that Gregg Williams was literally trying to lose at the end, then how is this arranged exactly? When did he make this decision? And why, exactly? You think Gregg Wiliams is happy with his last season in the NFL being an 0-16 season?

I'm not saying you're definitely wrong, I just think there's a lot of questions to answer there.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Thought the same thing. Sam has an average at best arm and that play shows it. That didn’t even make it 40 yards in the air. Flacco should of been in for that last play.

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

He went for the all out blitz. Carr needed to make a perfect, long pass, to beat that and he did it. If Jackson didn't bite on the weak inside fake and stop, he probably would've had it covered.

NCJetsfan and HomeoftheJets like this.
  5. ColoradoContrails

That by itself - can't throw long - is all the reason needed to move on from Darnold.

6. JustinDaseezin

JustinDaseezin Active Member

I agree. But GW was calling 0 safety a lot. You saw it when Maye caught up and broke up the pass. You saw it when Carr missed Agholor. I was more upset with Jackson. I just dont understand why he played so close. OK your coach calls man with no help. Situational football... they need a TD ASAP. Why play so close?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

I've seen enough "prevent" in my life to understand it's really just a synonym for "lose".

Br4d, jixxjr, NCJetsfan and 1 other person like this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

He's a rookie, so I can't roast him, but he needed to be aware of the situation and play like a Safety at that point - big cushion and staying between the receiver and the EZ.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I have no idea and haven't really thought about it. All I'm saying is it's fishy. And the players shouldn't be put in a position to lose games on purpose.

10. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

Damn, Jags lose in O/T

11. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

I disagree that the integrity of the game is dependent on teams playing against their own self-interest.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

All four defensive backs were within ten yards of the LOS. They should've bailed as the snap became imminent. That wasn't on the player dude. He was playing four yards of inside leverage. It was so exaggerated that it couldn't have been a players decision.

JustinDaseezin likes this.
  13. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I've thought about it a lot (as the subject of tanking is a subject year in and year out on this board), and I just can't wrap my head around how tanking might actually be arranged on the field of play. Especially for a team with lame duck coaches. Unless he has literally been bribed, Gregg Williams has absolutely nothing to gain by allowing a TD there.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. NYGalPal

NYGalPal Well-Known Member

Unless you tell me Greg & Gase were guaranteed they will be returning, Gregg Williams doesn't care about no Trevor Lawerance. Why care about the roster for a team he's isn't gonna be with? When you really stop and think about it that play call wasn't really out of character.

15. ColoradoContrails

If the Jets were really tanking they never would've let this game get that close. I get it, everyone loves conspiracies, but the Jets are NOT tanking.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

I've never seen an all out blitz on a hail mary play where they send the blitz from their spots. I've seen them where they line up 7 on the line of scrimmage and send them.

I don't know if it was or wasn't arranged on purpose. But it sure as hell looked like it. And I honestly wouldn't really know what incentive Williams would have to call a bad play.

17. ColoradoContrails

That's the only scenario that would make sense in claiming a tank: Gase and Williams are guaranteed to return. If that's true, this is one fan who won't be.

18. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

Sam’s arm is pooched.. that last play he couldn’t get it to the end zone on a 45 yard pass..

19. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

I have never in my life, on a hail mary play where anything underneath ends the game...with the team trying to defend late BASICALLY NOT HAVE A SECONDARY ON THE FIELD.

Multiple times

THE JETS DID NOT DEFEND THE THROW.

And if it missed again...Oakland gets another crack and again the Jets will allow them to score

20. ColoradoContrails

Occam's Razor: When there are multiple explanations for a problem, it's usually the simplest one that's correct. The simplest explanation, the one that doesn't require conspiracies, is the the rookie CB screwed up.