Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yeah it's paramount that we retain Gase and start Darnold until the #1 pick is secured. After that fire them both into the sun.

Borat, NCJetsfan and HomeoftheJets like this.
  2. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

BAHAHAHA

The only ‘competitive’ advantage you’re giving away is when you call the plays

3. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Gotta love those low-functioning sociopaths.

All Gas No Shake, alleycat9 and Noam like this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Who would fetch Gase's coffee if Loggains was fired?

Noam likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

6. NCJetsfan

7. RedRoute1

RedRoute1 Guest

The Johnsons are pretty inept when it comes to making executive level football hiring decisions...some times they stumble into a good one, but more often than not they screw it up. Then if you add in the org structure, they really have to make two good hires in terms of football operations, GM and Coach. I've said it before, I believe in JD and believe that they stumbled into 50% of the solution with him. That's the one positive thing Gase will have done for this organization, ID'ing and recruiting JD. Now they need to nail the other 50%. At this point, everyone should take comfort in the fact that Gase is 100% getting fired. While the Johnsons are inept they're not oblivious. They can't get the hiring thing right, but they're pretty good at realizing their hiring mistakes by about year two-ish...Lord knows they've had enough practice at it...Anyway, I think the Johnsons will lean heavily on JD to find/recommend hiring the next coach which again gives me hope. At that point the org structure won't really matter as we'll have a trusted football ops leader (JD) having made a trusted recommendation for the coach and then we sink of swim with it...Pair that with our $$, draft picks (including hopefully Lawrence) and we're cooking w/ gas...Should that not work, I'm seriously at a complete loss in how this whole org gets turned around...

Cman68 likes this.
  8. NCJetsfan

IMO in a nutshell, the Jets' future hinges upon the Johnsons. If they step back and let Douglas hire the new HC and make all the important football decisions, the Jets' future could be quite rosy and bright, or at least has a chance to be that way. If they don't step back, and they insist on hiring the new HC and being involved in all the decisions, and meddling, it won't matter how good JD is, his efforts will be undercut. He could stock the team with a bunch of future HOFers, but without the right HC, it would get screwed up.

9. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

The whole playcalling thing is just bizarre. Listening to Gase's postgame presser, it sounds like (according to him) Loggains scripts the first few plays of the drive and then Gase handles third down. What kind of setup is this? Not one that's conducive for any kind of success moving forward, that much I can tell you.

I was starting to worry that we might pull off a game or two somewhere down the stretch, and we may still just because of the Jets persistent history of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, but after hearing about what an absolute cluster the playcalling situation is, I feel much more comfortable that the Jets will cruise to 0-16.

Noam likes this.
  10. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

A+. The only way this would work if JD takes the lead. 1000% in agreement, I take your points even further with the Johnsons, I’m not at all convinced that firing Gase is 100% in their minds. There will be plenty of new coaching opportunities opening up between now and end of season, and every other team has sent the message about the seriousness of improving the coaching, with Detroit the last one so far. I hate the thought of keeping Gase around till year end under the feeble excuse he gives us the best chance at the number one pick. We should be approaching new candidates now, and get a leg up, to whatever extent we are allowed.

11. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Unsurprisingly the Jets are last in the NFL in third down conversion percentage. https://www.teamrankings.com/nfl/stat/third-down-conversion-pct

12. jets_fan

13. RedRoute1

RedRoute1 Guest

Agreed and this is the one area where I believe the Johnsons excel in that I don't view them as meddlesome at all...In fact, I get the feeling that they're reluctantly involved owners. Only due to their screwups in hiring are they forced to become involved to make a new hire, like some horrible cycle. I think they'd like nothing better to have very competent people running football ops so they can be proud owners from the skybox and let others get their hands dirty...In fact, they almost shy away from attention. Having lived in DC I've seen the hands on incompetent owner (Synder) and it's the worst kind of ownership...So if we can just get this thing right I think they'd be great owners but we just need that one trustworthy football guy to lead the Johnsons to the place they already want to go...I think JD is that guy...If you remember back to when Kraft bought the Pats, he was viewed as a Synder Jr type guy, pretending he was a football guy when he was really just the guy who bought a football team. Parcells turned him around and the rest is history...

Noam likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

Sorry, but you're totally mistaken. You must be a brand new Jets fan. Woody meddled all the time before he became Ambassador to England. He also made all or most of the decisions, or at least had to approve them all. They are not reluctant at all to meddle. They are dilettantes. They are trust fund babies who have never worked a day in their lives. This is their toy that they think they can run and make a name for themselves.

15. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

whats amazing to me is that they really have tried to do it right. they have brought in help they have hired firms they have reached out to people they just dont have the ability to do it. they havent since they have been here.

al groh, he couldnt even make it as a college coach.
    herm took what parcells had left and turned it into mush, then went to kc and turned them from perennial playoffs to 4-12. became a great analyst and now a meh college coach
    mangini blah
    rex loudmouth, had some success but ended up being a joke. he proved his worthlessness in buffalo. i guess hes an analyst?
    bowles overmatched. i understand why he would get hired but he ended up proving he wasnt ready for it.
    gase

thats 20 years or marginal to downright garbage for coaches.

i would agree other than the whole idea of the gm and the head coach both reporting to the owners. if they wanted to be what you are saying they would hire a president of football operations and let them do the day to day of running the organization from a football perspective. or even hire a gm and let him handle the head coach and coaching staff. instead they have this silliness and THEN on top of it tell head coach candidates that they cant bring in their own staff. what kind of a decent head coach is going to let these buffoons tell them who they will hire as their coaches?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

If they are choking them with press man, why can’t Gase draw up plays to beat it? He’s been thru this week after week of the same defense ...team speed is an issue with skill positions mostly at the RB spot but coaching should be able to combat it but Gase.

17. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

In fairness to Gase, 50% of the time he's not even trying to convert. He's happy to hand off on 3rd and 7, to set up a punt on 4th and 5. Genius stuff ... YOU wouldn't understand.

18. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Really negative assessment of our coaches over the years. You make it sound like we had a bunch of Gases. There was some success and we were competitive most years. Making playoffs with mangini, Herm and Rex. They were NOT all horrible. We had some nice teams. Groh, we were .500 team. And Bowles 1st yr was good. The real crap started under Bowles and Gase just took it to another level of bad! Quite frankly last 5 yrs watching the Jets would make any Jets fan cry, as it has been hat bad. Prior to that, there were two hongs to cheer for and to get excited about. So I think you are being too negative and not giving credit where credit is due.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. jets_fan

He did say that he and Loggains go over the two or three plays they want to run between offensive series. I'm starting to think that Gase thinks the goal of the offense is to punt the football.

20. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

My youngest daughter came home from school today and I asked her how she did on her Spanish test , she said she Gased it. At first I thought she said she aced it, however she said she Gased it. She thought she had studied enough and would do OK, however, once she saw the questions she knew she did not So I Gased my test just like the Jets do every week. Do you need me to make up excuses like Gase does every week, I need to look at my notes to see why I did poorly on my test.I could not stop laughing, side note she got a 95 on the test but she is a Bills fan

alleycat9, Jets81, Centiment and 3 others like this.