Anybody know why Gase is still our HC?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The cynic in me hopes that it’s CJ way of sending a message to Manning for meddling in a situation he had no business getting involved in.

tomdeb likes this.
  2. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

I agree with you, but I don't think Chris Johnson does. I think Johnson believes that since he signed and paid toilet bowl and maccidiot thru 2020, he will not fire gace until 2020 ends. Regardless of buyout, offset, whatever, he had to pay them thru the end of the 2020 season. What other reason would there be for keeping a totally incompetent coach like Gase, other than Johnson's pride (for hiring gase in the first place) and/or money already spent?

rammagen and alleycat9 like this.
  3. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Agree with last part. Since Gase gets paid regardless, he would love the pink slip to avoid the 0-16 stigma.

4. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Pretty simple to me - Gase gives the jets the best chance of going 0-16.

I believe ownership and Joe Douglas have pivoted towards this stance early in the season as they saw how bad he is as a coach.

It is in the jets best interest (I know crazy to say) to continue with Gase until seasons end. We would then hopefully secure 0-16 and get the first overall pick. Unfortunately, most teams who get rid of awful HC's in season tend to win a few games (see texans and falcons this season) and winning a few meaningless games would essentially ruin us for a long time assuming Trevor is the real deal.

The jaguars are also not giving the jets any breathing room and we should all hope the jaguars pick up a win versus the bears to give the jets a bit of cushion.

REVISion and CotcheryFan like this.
  5. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

Gase has pics of the J brothers in uncompromising positions?

Footballgod214 and tomdeb like this.
  6. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It's not Manning's fault for offering advice, it's Johnson's for accepting it.

REVISion likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

He had the choice to say nothing but inserted himself into it, so yes, he does deserve blame.

Jets79 likes this.
  8. Ralebird

Is it that he "inserted himself" or just did a favor for a former coworker? Just like any other business, somebody asks you to give them a recommendation, you generally do it. The company you send it to is under no obligation whatsoever to do anything with it. Blaming any of this on Manning is just passing the buck, the responsibility is totally in the hands of the Johnsons.

REVISion likes this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

From what I've read/heard, Manning gave his endorsement without any solicitation from the Jets.

Red Menace likes this.
  10. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

They should block any number that shows up as Manning on the caller ID . Nothing good can come from it.

Jets79 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. Red Menace

The reports were clear that Chris Johnson and Macagnan were not happy with any of the candidates after the first round of interviews and they were moving on to a second round of interviews.

It was then that Manning called the Jets, no one in the Jets organization reached out to him for advice. He deserves blame for meddling in something that he had no business getting involved in.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Not only that, you typically endorse someone when you know enough about his capability to provide an endorsement.
    So either Manning, HOF or not, has zero clue what makes a talented HC, or he just wanted to screw with our idiotic ownership. Gase is clearly not HC material, far, far from it, with some of the worst leadership skills ever. Matter of fact, I don’t even know why the Jets organization would ever want to take advise from any of the Mannings.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  13. Ralebird

Not what I asked. If Gase calls Manning and says "Hey, can you put in a good word for me?" it's no big deal for him to make a call.

It is up to management to utilize such information as they see fit. The decision making process is 100% the responsibility of the Jets organization.

14. Ralebird

That's like a restaurant blaming its shitty food on a famous chef recommending a guy who puts mustard in the marsala. The restaurant is 100% responsible for what they put on the plates, regardless of who made suggestions.

I don't understand why now there are guys willing to make excuses for the Johnsons.

Longsuffering88 likes this.
  15. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Of course you’re a million percent correct

but it’s the internet and people are just argumentative for the sake of it. Even dhole sounding incredibly stooopid

16. Red Menace

Where did I make an excuse for the Johnsons? Everyone knows they are not good at hiring the right people to run their organization.

I made a simple statement about Johnson and you are taking it totally out of context.

17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Lets C so far the lions, falcs texans & another team have already canned there HC but not us this should explain to Jets fandom why we suck :mad:

Jets79 and rammagen like this.
  18. Burnz

Burnz Well-Known Member

Its obvious. Jacksonville only has 1 win so there is competition for the #1 overall pick. Come Week 13-17 if there is a cushion we could see the move happening. We need Gase to be competitively losing for us to get the #1 overall.

Side note when was the last time we had the #1 overall pick?

19. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Joe Namath maybe? Lawrence has a option to stay in school also ala Manning:mad:

20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

We had the 1st pick back to back years after the Kotite error in 96 & 97. Of course in typical Jets luck those were 2 years that did not have a QB worthy of being drafted 1st overall.

This time there will be, we need that pick!