Anybody know why Gase is still our HC?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Nov 26, 2020.

1. UK_Chilts

UK_Chilts Well-Known Member

Looks to me that New England’s success was on the quarterback primarily and not the coaching staff.

Cman68 likes this.
  2. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Jimmy Johnson went 1-15 with Dallas in his first season before winning a couple of titles down the road. This should give Jets' fans optimism that Gase can turn it around and do the same as Johnson did.

stinkyB and westiedog1 like this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Adam Gase in no Jimmy Johnson. Not even close.

Leicester Jet, Jets79, Poeman and 2 others like this.
  4. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Who are the Jets trading that will net us the amount of picks the Cowboys got for Herschel?

FJF likes this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The best case scenario is us getting the first pick. And Darnold is already toast. So I have no problem keeping Gase around as long as he's on the Musk rocket to Mars the moment the season ends.

6. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

I honestly can’t root for this team if they keep Gase. I’ve been a fan for 35 years.

My wife, who doesn’t even watch football unless I take her to a game said, “They haven’t fired him yet?” today. If a non football fan can see it....

papapump and ColoradoContrails like this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I hope you're kidding. This is Gase's fifth year as an NFL head coach, not his first. Barring unforeseen circumstances he'll have a 30 - 50 record at season's end; Johnson was 44 - 36.

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm of the opinion that both Gase and Darnold suck.

Greg Williams ain't that great either...

p.s. If Gase in "in on the tank"...then he's in on the rebuild as well.

Bellys Lies and alleycat9 like this.
  9. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

are you serious?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alleycat9 likes this.
  10. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

I wouldn't put it past the Johnson's to have made an under the table handshake deal with Gase if he secured Trevor Lawrence that he gets another year to prove himself. Essentially Gase coaches the team to lose and buys himself another year. If we go 0-16 and he stays, I can almost assure you that is the case.

I would almost take that trade off....1 more year of Gase for Lawrence.

Cman68 likes this.
  11. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Theres no point in firing Gase until an hour after the last game of the season.

12. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Lawrence will not come here if Gase is the coach...

HomeoftheJets, Cman68 and BudJet like this.
  13. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

He gives us the best chance to lose & JD & CJ probably want to be able to tell AG we gave you a full season to redeem yourself and it is time to send you packing. Gase won't be able to say they never gave him a chance...0 & 16 is enough of a chance.

14. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Gase must still be coach because he plays Frank Gore. Douglas must love Frank Gore, and wants Gase to justify the signing. No other GM/coach combination would make AND KEEP a retread like Gore the TOTAL focus of our offense as they did v. Miami today. It is ridiculous for a winless team to give so many touches to a guy with so much mileage, and no speed or elusiveness anymore. Try someone else--what the heck do you have to lose besides any other game?

15. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Bingo. They are also paying toilet bowl and MacIdiot for 2020, so they would look stupid paying 2 ex-coaches and an ex-GM the same season.

Leicester Jet, Noam and alleycat9 like this.
  16. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I respectfully disagree, JD and CJ, they are not keeping Gase because they think he will lose out. That is ludicrous. They are hoping he could turn things around like he did last year. So he could possibly be retained for the rebuild. Unfortunately, that is the reality. Fortunately for us, Gase is failing miserably, and earning the axe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

17. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

I wont watch a single game and have not watched since week 4. If he is the coach next yr I wont watch or spend a single dime on the team

Red Menace likes this.
  18. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

they look worse keeping him. They are not paying two coaches right now again most coaches get paid off when they leave as a buy out or there is an offset so for Bowles they are only paying part of the salary. For Mac they ate the contract. but for an nfl team making hundreds of millions coaching is not part of the cap fire the bum and give the fans something to root for

The only interest for most fans is when they will fire gase

tomdeb likes this.
  19. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

20. RedRoute1

RedRoute1 Guest

I think that's mostly right, especially toward the earlier part of the season...At 0-11 and w/ the realistic shot at the #1 pick/Lawerence I think the window to fire Gase has come and gone. At this stage of the game the only thing that matters is securing the #1 pick and keeping the status quo vs. introducing a new coach into the mix makes sense. If we can all realize that Gase will definitively get fired after the year, keeping him the rest of the way is the smart play. Granted, it wasn't the smart play at 0-5 but at 0-11 it now is the smart play. Gase will own the majority of blame for 0-16 and takes a lot of that with him when he gets fired and then the new coach comes in clean...Sadly, we're not likely to learn any more about Sam (good or bad) with a new coach taking us through the last 5 games of the year...Reading about JD, he's no doubt doing the same due diligence about the future coaching candidates/upcoming hiring process that he would be able to due even if they fired Gase (i.e. they're not interviewing/hiring anyone during the regular season) and any backdoor discussions with coaches/agents can still occur...And honestly, Gase created this disaster so he's earned the right to be stuck with it to the end at this point of the season. I'm betting Gase would love to get fired at this point as he knows he's not coming back, I'm sure he's humiliated during every press conference after the last 11 losses, and am also betting he'd like to get out w/out 0-16 hanging around his neck...Just my two cents

Leicester Jet, Noam and tomdeb like this.