Zach Wilson better than Lawrence?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by ColoradoContrails, Nov 29, 2020.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

If it didn't matter then Colt Brennan would be a Hall of Famer and Kellen Moore would've been a ten year starter. Of course it matters.

That doesn't mean smaller conference quarterbacks can't be good NFL players. They can. But have you watched any of BYU's games this year dude? They've won each game by 17 points just by showing up. They're the equivalent of a power 5 school this year. And their trudging of Boise State proved that. BSU is a group of 5 powerhouse and had no shot.

Jets69 likes this.
  3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Why does it seem like only Jets fans are trying to knock Lawrence off the pedestal he is on?

I like Zach Wilson, he’s fun to watch and I like what he’s doing for BYU. He’s not even close to the prospect that Lawrence is.

Lawrence will be the 1st pick of the draft and he will play for whatever team holds that top pick as no team would be dumb enough to pass on that talent. I just hope we are lucky enough to be that team, that would be a nice change.

Leicester Jet, REVISion and Jets69 like this.
  4. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Nobody is saying hes bad, but he def has faults. To pretend he doesnt, is a jets fan thing. Nobody saying pass on him, but he may not be the beat player in thia class. That could end up being very true.

5. zace

zace Well-Known Member

So basically you're playing into exactly what i said you just dont realize it.

Conference and strength of schedule is meaningless. Its the skills that matter, all these qbs that failed, from any conference, is because they lacked skill. Fyi nobody ever spoke of kellen moore nor colt Brennan the way they speak of zach wilson.

6. Attackett

There have been many Jets fans saying to pass on him, it’s very silly. Whether or not he ends up the best is contingent on many things but he is the best prospect in this class just as he would be in just about any other class.

7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I havent seen anyone saying pass on him. Theyre simply opening up that he may not be the best player after all. And Zach wilson is no slouch

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Here's another analysis of Wilson, although he doesn't include any video to support what he's saying. He does acknowledge some shortcomings of Wilson, and interestingly says that neither the Jets nor the Giants should take him because he doesn't think his arm is strong enough for the swirling winds at the Meadowlands. Definitely something to consider. Still, it looked like he has a pretty strong arm to me.

One thing that he talks about is how he thinks if Wilson got to play for Kyle Shanahan he'd be an absolute beast in the NFL. Now, if that's true - and of course it's just speculative opinion - why wouldn't it be reasonable to consider him being the #1 QB in the draft? I'm not declaring that he is...I'm not enough of a QB guru to say...but if he turned out to be as good as Mahomes, it would back up that assessment.

Based on everything so far, I have to say that I think the smart move is to take Lawrence if they have the first pick. BUT...if they don't get the 1st pick, I'd be leaning hard towards Wilson over Fields.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

I'll ask you again. Have you watched any of BYU's games this year bro? Have you seen them last year?

I mean there's a reason he was 21/33 for 208 yards and 2 picks vs. Utah last year and 17/20 for 293 yards and 4 touchdowns vs. UMass.

If you haven't seen the squads he's playing against this year then you're not making an honest assessment of the prospect.

10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Obviously i did watch the film to talk about him the way i do.

Dude, im not the only person that feels this way. There PRO and ELITE scouts who say the same things. Expand outside your world view and actually look. I know there is no way you watch all of byus games this year. Im sure you googled a few games and youtubed the short version.

Hes really fucking good.

11. Jonathan_Vilma

Based on what? Justin Fields having his first bad game in 16 starts at Ohio State?

Fields is Roethlisberger that can run. He has a cannon and he's incredibly accurate both on the move and in the pocket. He is mobile enough to run designed quarterback runs. Zach Wilson is a nice prospect and will be a late first/second round pick. But there's no comparison to Lawrence/Fields and he.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  12. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Bahahahahahh

this dude has played two good teams in. 2018 and look how he played. Awful.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

You're telling me to google expert and pro opinions but I'm the one who hasn't watched their games?

I don't need to google shit. I watched his entire game vs. Boise State, Houston and the first half vs. Navy.

He's good. He has elite protection and an elite running game. He showed out when he passed all over that Houston team. I'm not completely sold on his arm strength translating to the NFL.

14. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Dude fields is awful just like every other ohio state qb. Stop falling in love with big name college players, that doesnt mean anything. Fields will bust in the NFL. He has awful mechanics, and his game does not translate

15. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Dude why is it so hard to admit hes a great prospect? People on this board wanted allen and wentz once upon a time, look at the schools they played at and we questioned their accuracy from the start. His accuracy is what puts him over the top. Thats such an important trait you just cant teach at the pro game, the same thing that holds darnold back.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. Attackett

There are pro and elite scouts saying Wilson is a better prospect than Lawrence? Say what?? Where?

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

He has the same throwing motion as Russell Wilson.

18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

And throws off his back foot too often and is inaccurate. Accuracy is so huge for a pro qb. Thats why Pennington stayed in the league as long as he did.

19. Jonathan_Vilma

He completes 3% higher passes than Wilson does. This entire thread is a huge overreaction to Fields first bad game in his career against Indiana.

20. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Still ways to go. I mean Lawrence is so far ahead at the moment but lot can change . If it’s number #1 then it’s Lawrence. If we get to number #2 Ian not going to lose sleep because I think zack and Fields are solid