Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

great idea lets trade Adams to an AFC WC contender in the Browns.

2. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

My original post said Smh. I believe The Seahawks and their fans are too. Yes he is gone, but I want to know, is he a game changer? Has he won games for Seattle? We debated over him for years, I believe I had the right angle...very good statistically, who wouldn’t be if they rushed the quarterback a hundred times per game and lived around the line of scrimmage, but not a game changer. I believe he has 0 or 1 interceptions this year and 1 forced fumble.
    He is a good player but not the game changer many of you made him out to be. He is an undersized linebacker.

3. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I broke down his sacks at one point and they were mostly against bad offenses. He did however dominate the Fins and for that his heart was clearly in the right place.

4. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Your original post called him soft and you know talent, which let's face it you obviously don't as he ended up all pro and a quality player.

So a nice bit of history changing under the term 'smh'

Not single solitary soul on here really gives a fuck if he wins a game for Seatle, he is gone gone gone.

You said he was soft and not very good, you were massively wrong, don't come back on 3 years later trying to pretend otherwise ffs

ukjetsfan and alleycat9 like this.
  5. fansince90

He is not the safety I would draft at 6. If we needed a extra linebacker we should have drafted one. He can play football, he has pro bowl stats, but against who? When did he ever come up with a game changing play when we needed it.
    I said he was soft because he’s a leg tackler...has that changed? 1 interception per year, does that make him talented? If you look at how if he blitzes v how many times he actually sacks the qb does that make him elite?

6. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

He’s not the generational safety he claims to be simple as that. Adam’s is a good strong safety that can tackle, plays fast and has fire in his belly. However, he’s just ok in coverage and shows his hand to often to QBs that know how take advantage of that. Was he worth 2 1st and a 3rd? Heeeellll no. He’s worth a 1st at best. Jets won that trade by a mile but that doesn’t mean he won’t be an impact player for them.

7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I have heard of somebody doubling down and maybe even tripling down but you take it to a whole new level.

Give it up, you made a cunt of yourself by saying he was soft and not very good.

You were wrong on all counts, just stop and let it go, he has left for new pastures but when he left he left as our best player, that is how wrong you were about him.

ukjetsfan and Snatch Catch like this.
  8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Marcus Maye as a FREE SAFETY here in 2020 has been worse than Adams EVER WAS as a JET in pass coverage...

Where is the fake "outrage"?

lol.

Just saying....

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

thst should speak to who he has in the secondary with him. Adams had Maye last year.

who has Maye had most the year...Pierre Desir, legit one of the worse corners in the league? And a still ripe Bless Austin and rookies?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Same can be said for Adams in Seattle right now, their corners are atrocious.

11. Passepartout

Passepartout Active Member

Jets were a losing team but Seahawks is a winning one there.

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Jamal and Pete Carroll are already arguing on the sidelines. Cracks in the marriage?

13. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Watching that trainwreck beginning to happen up in Seattle has been one of the few joys I've gotten out of this football season. They absolutely deserve each other.

Beyond the obvious reasons for wanting to do so, I hope we draft a pair of future hall of famers with their picks from that trade. Would be even better if we draft a safety and then make him the highest paid at his position.

14. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Jamal was a 6th overall pick demanding Jets to give him over 15+ million a year 2 years before his existing contract ended. He is an attention whore and embarassed Jets on twitter and national media many times.

Maye is a second rounder, a humble servant who is trying to do the job his coaches are asking him.

You still suck Jamal's dick and one of those days I will be drunk and I will cave in to the request of many posters and perma ban your ass.

Are you even a fucking Jets fan?

15. Couldnt have said it better myself.All his apologists & defenders can take a hike.

Adams is the anti-Jet & should be treated as such.The ridiculous distraction he caused this offseason could very well be attributed to the current mess we’re beholding. And when it leads to catapulting this team out of the darkness he’ll be the butt of every joke.

F selfish Jamal.

ColoradoContrails and K'OB like this.
  16. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

still feel the bland defense scheme they use hinders them. They also need to keep Jamal moreso as a nickel Outside LB who can blitz because he seems better in the box to stop the run but also rushing the QB. You can drop him moreso as a short zone type around the LB and RB, but they need to stop using him like he can cover WR’s.

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

I would never talk to you like how you just talked me Brook.

But I'll say my final words before you ban me.

I have every right to criticize Maye as fans have the right to criticize Sam Darnold. I don't like neither of them as player's and isn't that my right as a Jet fan?

And if sucking Jamal's thing is not wanted around here then why do we have dang near 100 pages of a Jamal Adams thread still on our main forum when he's no longer even a Jet anymore?

I love my Jets. And I'm excited over the picks he got us. But that doesn't mean I can't MISS HIM as the only player on our Defense who used to play like he gave a damn and just look at my longtime user name DWC isn't that my right to not be happy about our 2020 Defense anymore because it gives me no fan enjoyment?

I've said my peace so do what you really want to do to me when you get drunk but please don't threaten me anymore.

So long TGG; it's been a wild ride over the years and sorry for not joining in on our 100 page Jamal Adams hatred thread. Take care.

#Tank4Trevor.

@Petrozza thnx for having me around for as long as you have and running this site for so long without selling us out like Sooth did to us @ JI and ever since my teenage/early 20s I've loved coming to TGG to read and post about our frustrating Jets. 2009-2010 were my favorite Jet times and wish in 1998 I knew about this place. Take care.

I'll always appreciate and love all of you more than you'll ever know for giving me encouragement and hope when i was at my lowest this thread below meant the world to me and one where me and my wife read every word together by far my favorite TGG thread of All-Time thnx you all who had my back when I needed it most now 3 years ago

https://www.theganggreen.com/forums/threads/i-have-diabetes.89280/

#1937 DefenseWinsChampionships, Nov 29, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2020
  18. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Jamal is the gift that keeps on giving.

19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Petrozza didn't have to deal with your drama, we did as users. Do what you want. Don't expect any sympathy. Rules are rules. Applies to everybody. So long.

20. fansince90

We may draft them, but they will probably be inducted in different uniforms. Jets don’t keep talent. Looking back on the Revis fiasco, maybe knowing and understanding how cheap the Jets have been historically is why he did what he did. Who are our top 5 draft picks that started their careers and ended their careers as a Jets player? Right now I can only think of Ferguson and Mangold.