Mekhi Becton and Mann: Currently leading in AFC Pro-Bowl votes.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by DefenseWinsChampionships, Nov 25, 2020.

1. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

*sobs*
    That’s my GM!

donkey and Brook! like this.
  2. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Two Pro-Bowlers in your first draft, not to mention Mims and Davis who are starting to get it going here in the past couple of weeks.

Hopefully he has similar success in picking a new HC, assuming the owners do the right thing and give him that authority.

BudJet, NYJetsO12, Jets81 and 4 others like this.
  3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

It seems like Wirfs and Wills been good as well. Thomas has been the lone guy out of the top 4 that has been bad. But Becton likely possesses the most upside as most are saying he can be the best LT within a span of 1-2 years. Inject it into my veins.

Footballgod214 and REVISion like this.
  4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Adams is doing pretty good in Seattle. Maybe not 2 first rounders good but hey, its too late to un-ring that bell.

He is not super great in coverage and has had some injuries but you know a player like Adams will make an impact at the right time during the playoffs.

5. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Hate to say it, but the fact that we have 2 drafted guys in the running for a pro bowl makes this the best draft probably since brick and mangold

NYJetsO12 and Footballgod214 like this.
  6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

If Ashtyn Davis continues to improve (10 tackles last week against the bolts), we could maybe see Davis crawl up the vote tree as the probowl comes into view. Sending 2 rookies to the probowl would be a nice accomplishment, but sending 3? Wow. lets hope that happens. Joe D might just get the GM of the year award too!

7. Stevied

perrine looks like he could stick, maybe as a 3rd or 4th RB, but not a total stiff. Mims looks good too. Douglas’s FA class ain’t no good, but perennial winners build through the draft and use $ to resign their own guys (building a culture) and use excess $ to add a guy here or there. I’m happy to appear to be getting ready to eat crow on my earlier anti-Douglas comments!

NYJetsO12 and Brook! like this.
  8. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

The Jets will have the opportunity in this upcoming draft to really fundamentally change the offense from bad to good. Aside from Lawrence you have to figure another OL, a WR and a RB all within the first three rounds.

Let’s say for arguments sake the Jets add Humphery, Marshall, and Gainwell. Along with Lawrence that’s a new offense. Becton, Perine and Mims are already aboard.

Things will be turning around pretty quickly...

Brook! and Stevied like this.
  9. Stevied

PROVIDED we have the right guy calling the plays

Brook! likes this.
  10. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Of course.

And I’ll add the need to PROTECT the right guy calling the plays. It all starts with the OL. Becton, Humphery ( or another high OL) this year, and another high OL in 2022.....nice and steady.

11. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Best punter we've had since Tom Tupa

12. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

100% in agreement Falco. He has knack for contested balls, working in tight spaces, knows how to work the pass interference call to his favor, and he sure as hell can catch the tough ball. And he barely has scratched the surface in rout running. Love the kid.

BudJet and Falco21 like this.
  13. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Totally agree, that's why I mentioned in a post that they should have a stat line for PI drawn by a WR. I went & purchased a Mims hoodie & jersey the day after he chose #11. Since we picked him I have been watching videos of Mims & it looks like he is doing in the pro's what he was known for in college, contested catches....He led the nation in contested catches in college. Now let's see him get into the end zone. He was the only WR in college to have at least 8 TD catches in each of the past 3 years, 12 last year. Every year it seems like a real good WR falls threw the cracks on Draft day. Brown, Thomas, Diggs, etc.

#33 BudJet, Nov 28, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    LAJet likes this.
  14. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I honestly think that Becton is getting the votes because he’s being recognized as one of the top left tackles in football almost every week that he plays by analysts in the days that follow. Every week there’s a video making the rounds on Twitter of him pancaking somebody or dominating a top-tier pass rusher in protection. The hype around him is real.

our punter leading in the voting, yes, that’s a combination of playing in New York and also being a punter for the hands-down worst offense in the NFL. He’s the butt of the joke.

Brook! likes this.