2020 NFL Week 11: New York Jets @ Los Angeles Chargers (4:05 PM)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 15, 2020.

1. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

wow I just have such a totally opposite view to yours.

First, yes I agree that our roster sucks balls. No coach would have a winning record with this team. HOWEVER, I 100% believe that better coaching would not be 0-10. A better coaching staff would have gotten a couple of wins by now. The point isn’t that 2 or 3 wins right now would be better than 0 wins, because from a long term view, clearly it’s better to just lose out at this point for the top pick. But the point to me is that it shows that Gase is not a great coach. Can you imagine Parcells, or Belichick, or Payton, or Reid, or Harbaugh, etc,...do you think any of those guys would be 0-10 with this exact roster? No Fucking Way. This is all time NFL bad.

Second, I think he IS a proven failure. He has a very bad career record across two teams. His offenses have consistently ranked I. The bottom 5 or 10 in the league. The only real success he had was as OC with Peyton, an all time great QB who probably changed half the plays at the line. Outside of that, he had exactly one good year in Miami, and then regressed as he ran guys out of town. Good players like Landry. Tannehill looks WORLDS better after leaving Gase. Good Lord, how much more proof do you need? The guy sucks. He will NEVER get to a Super Bowl...we don’t need to see more future years to know he’s not the guy.

Third, I think you may have made earlier points about who can we get that’s better, including a question to me in replying to one of my posts, about who I would hire, or something along those lines. Personally I don’t follow college football deeply enough to have specific candidates in mind, but that’s what someone like JD would be paid to do. I get the issue with us has been that our owners are clueless and have consistently made terrible decisions in hiring coaches and GMs, but at least JD comes highly regarded and the hope would be that he can be a smart voice in the room. The prior disasters in leaning on Koran Ferry and the likes of Charley fucking Casserly definitely give me pause, but you also can’t have that fear lead to staying on with a terrible coach, only because we’re afraid that the next guy will be worse.

we have wasted so many years with crappy GMs and coaches....enough is enough. A really good coach would not be 0-10, even with our shit roster. We need to find a real coach.

HomeoftheJets and NCJetsfan like this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Because I honestlty believe that the Jets have the worst coach in the NFL - one who should never have been hired by the Dolphins and certainly not then by the Jets after proving his incompetence in Miami..

I think that the Jets will be better simply by ridding themselves of the mess that is Adam Gase. There is a snowball's chance in hell that they can employ someone worse than Gase but I am willing to accept the consequences should that be the outcome - those consequences would be minimal; they can't get any worse than today's situation.

HomeoftheJets and Jets79 like this.
  3. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Well, any response I give to this will just be rehashing my previous reasons, so I'll just wish you a Happy Thanksgiving and leave it at that.

4. westiedog1

Gase came here and got Maccagnan canned and had his own guy installed as a replacement, so it's hard for me to imagine that the guy who Gase brought in to be GM is going to fire him so quickly. In fact, I don't think Douglas has the power to fire the coach. That power seems to be reserved for the Johnsons. However, there is a tremendous amount of pressure in the NY media to give Gase the axe. Honestly, if Gase was fired tomorrow, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it. On the other hand, if they decided to keep him, I wouldn't lose any sleep over that either.

5. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

He is what the record says over his career and that’s abysmal

he sucks. Hard stop.

every other excuse is just waste of server bandwidth

NCJetsfan, HomeoftheJets and Jets79 like this.
  6. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

All good...happy thanksgiving to you and your family as well

I have no problem with a good back and forth discussion as long as it sticks to the points of view and doesn’t degenerate into childish or rude name calling or personal attacks

I’m happy to talk Jets for days....

NCJetsfan, westiedog1 and Brook! like this.
  7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Most Jets fans won't sleep well until Gase is gone.

HomeoftheJets, Cman68 and westiedog1 like this.
  8. westiedog1

Understood. Happy Thanksgiving!

Ralebird and Brook! like this.
  9. westiedog1

Thank you. Well said.

Jets79 likes this.
  10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster