Jets vs LAC Week 11 2020 - Studs and Duds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Nov 23, 2020.

1. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

Dud. The play calling in the third quarter. Losing yet we are still running the ball. Even the announcers were left to scratch their heads.
    Studs.
    We lost. Lets keep the eye on the prize. #1

2. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I wouldn't say Maye tackled his teammate, more just ran into him taking them both out of the picture. Still he's done well overall.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  3. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

first off....thanks for these posts...I like them a lot.

Yes as everyone already posted, Herndon dropped a ball that hit his hands yet again early in the game....he was wide open. He did have the two nice catches though.

Quinnen is playing nice ball, and Anderson had a nice day too...

yes we are now at 12 roughing the passer calls...leading the league. But to be fair, they were both kind of ticky tack. The Shepard one was he was running in fast, Herbert slid and got up, and Shepard bumped into him...yes it was late but it was more a running into him and he had his hands up trying to avoid it. I get the call...but it wasn’t a blatant hit. The second one with Jenk8ns was total BS...he hit the QB around waist high just as he released the ball. That was NOT a late hit nor was it low. That call was just total BS.

and yeah, outside of a nice deep ball, Flacco sucks. 50% completion rate for under 200 yards. If that were Darnold he’d be crucified....Flacco is not good...at this point in an 0-10 season, why not play Morgan and just roll with it? What the fuck is there to lose?

4. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

A fair number of these, like the Jenkins one, looked completely bullshit calls. Quinnen has had a couple of these that have negated sacks I think. Shepherd's one though was just plain stupidity. Absolutely inexcusable really.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Gase isn't going to play Morgan unless he's forced to. He's trying to save his career.

BrickcityJet and REVISion like this.
  6. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

yah...I get that ... the scary part to me is that it may work...

azhar80 and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Gase basically said in a presser last week that he hasn’t taken many snaps, it would be doing him a disservice. Mind you he was legit the 5th string QB in camp. Sam of course, Flacco but he only got reps after like week 2. Before that it was Mike White and David Fales. It was after Flacco got healthy and then Fales was let go that he moved to 4th on the DC. Then Darnold’s injury he finally got to #2 in the past few weeks (even still he’s basicallly doing scout team work iirc)

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

morgan might win us a game and screw us out of draft position lol

9. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

At this point I'm still watching and picking up on the new players. I hope Sam gets back and plays a few games. Getting weapons and a better OL will allow him to do well in the future. Unlike most here i am looking for a haul for the first pick. Lawrence may be a sure thing but for someone else who will have to build around him for a few years. The Jets can push up their timetable with multiple picks and plenty of cap space. Just my opinion. Joe Douglas' is the one that counts.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  10. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Because he is our kicker and he had only missed 1 kick which was out of his range anyway (thanks to Gase).

I guess if it were you, you would expect to get your place back when fit.

11. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Thank you. That's an even better reason why he hasn't seen the field. It's not that he's not capable or competent, it's because the Jets (Gase) never planned on playing him this season. He had Darnold, Flacco and either Fales or White (all veterans). And after the start the Jets had, there was no way Morgan was going to see the field until the very end of the season, if then.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I must have got up to pee for the herndon one. i seen his drop when watching becton highloghts. becton was an absolute stud on sunday.

13. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

Just came in to say Herndon had a drop, perfectly thrown ball right in his hands. He redeemed himself later on with the TD, but he’s going to show more of TD Herndon and less stone hands Herndon or he can get right on out of here.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  14. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

I think Ashtyn Davis had his best game so far. Something like 10 tackles? He may have led the defense in that statistic. Either way, for a rookie safety he's playing really fast.

15. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

The number one draft pick

Jets79, NCJetsfan and REVISion like this.