FLACCO>Darnold

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wut?, Nov 22, 2020.

1. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

It brings me no joy to say this. It’s probably good for MIMS though. He can read defenses and isn’t spooked. Sam is ruined.

REVISion and matt robinson 17 like this.
  2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

I think everyone including the fans, the team, and even Sam are ready to move on from him being the QB for the Jets next year. With the rest of our schedule looking like we'd win 2 games max, it is getting more likely that we draft either 1 or 2 at this point. No incoming coach worth anything is going to come here unless we are drafting a top QB in this class. We're going to probably get a Rosh Rosen-like deal done probably during the draft after we select our QB in the first round. I am expecting a mid 2nd or like a late 2nd + day 3 pick in that ballpark. That should help us address other needs we so desperately need.

matt robinson 17 and MJK like this.
  3. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

I think we can get a #1 unless we trade Sam to a team he WANTS to go to.

4. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Sam should go to Pittsburgh and learn for a year, or San Fran, but I fear his career will die in Chicago. I like him as a person. I hope he does well.

stinkyB, MJK and Noam like this.
  5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Do you even have a clue what Bill Belicheck would give to have Sam Darnold under center in NE? Pats might not have a good QB for the next decade. Where we can't lose in the draft......pick first? Trevor. Pick 4th? Grab Penei Sewell to give Sam the best bookend tackles in the league. We are truly in a 'can't lose' situation. Best position we've been in in a long, long time (and hopefully the LAST time!)

truthbtold likes this.
  6. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

I’m a firm believer that they should try and trade up for Sewell. We will still suck next year, but at least we can protect our new young QB.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Yeah I don't trust your judgment.

REVISion and Footballgod214 like this.
  8. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

I dont buy Flacco is better than Sam.

Flacco has been playing the easy part of the schedule with more of the starting unit, which was banged up when Sam was in.

Flacco cant move much in or out of the pocket. The only plus I see with Flacco is the deep ball. Sam can create plays, and extend plays. We just havent seen a healthy team with Sam in the lineup.

stinkyB likes this.
  9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

What 2 games are we winning?Maybe the Patriots but thats all i see.

barfolomew and KY Jets Fan like this.
  10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

We actually WERE better off with McCagnan drafting players (Adams, Sam,) then with Tanny trading our picks away or drafting slugs in the first round. Didn't we have like 3 picks one year under Tanny? He traded away all our shit.

11. HomeoftheJets

You said Maccagnan is a good GM. There's no getting around that one.

REVISion and barfolomew like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Flacco has played better than Sam this year. He has two multi-touchdown games and they have opposite TD-INT ratios.

For what it's worth I barely watched today - I was watching real football on Fox.

13. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm not watching the games for the rest of the year.

It's no fun to root for the Jets to lose and I spend half the game terrified that they might actually pull out a win if like a meteor hit the other team's sidelines.

14. HomeoftheJets

On the bright side, I haven't been this invested in the outcome of Jets games since 2015.

15. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

You HAVE to be kidding right?????

Tannenbaum wasn’t great, but he at least had a fucking plan on how to build a team, and his team actually got close twice. The best thing he did was rebuild the OL in one year, by drafting Brick and Mangold and signing Faneca and Woody to play alongside an undrafted Guardin Brandon Moore. That right there set up the offense....he was then able to plug in so-so RBs like Thomas Jones and Shonn Greene and have them be really good. He had Santonio, Braylon and Cotchery. Now Sanchez turned out to suck, but the GM built a great offense around that young QB...Sanchez had every chance to succeeed. That’s how you build around a young QB. Then on D, he drafted a true shutdown corner at 14, and Harris was good too. He set up a very good team. Had Sanchez panned out, we’d have won one of those Superbowls.

on the other hand, Mac had NO FUCKING CLUE how to build a team. He ignored OL. He drafts a QB at three and refused to give him any weapons. He used high draft picks on non impact positions like safety and DT. I could give a shit about Adams being all pro. It just proves the point that even a great all pro safety can’t make a huge enough impact to win games....especially if he’s not an interception machine. Mac flat out wasted premium picks. Why the fuck do you draft a DT at 3 overall when you just drafted a DT at 6 a couple years ago. And all of that shit is without even talking about his stupidity in passing on both Watson and Mahomes because he drafted Hackenberg the year before....a guy who literally NEVER saw the field.

so I have no idea how ANYONE could say anything good about Mac’s tenure here.

agree Tannenbaum screwed himself and the team with all his damn trade ups....and he had his share of busts too, but no way Mac was a better GM. No Fucking Way.

the only question with Mac is if he’s better or worse than Idzik....

16. HomeoftheJets

Mac was worse than Idzik because he was both terrible and charming, so he got to stick around long enough to do a lot more damage. And man do I miss those old Jets teams.

REVISion, barfolomew and James Hasty like this.
  17. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You saw the INT at the start of the game right?

Both are shit

18. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Regardless Flacco has looked better than Sam base on the last two recent performances and offensive scores. We need Darnold back ASAP and play with Mims, Perriman, and Crowder. Hopefully Darnold s shoulder not damaged goods. Like to see what he can do with this offense now that seems to be better in term of getting points on the board and long TDs.

Additionally if they are going to trade Darnold for whatever reason, then it s time to showcase him.

papapump and stinkyB like this.
  19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Darnold cannot be counted on

20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

True enough, but the fact that it’s even a question, in jest or not, is telling.

azhar80 likes this.