Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Just to add, Gase was coach last night, and we should have won that game as we outplayed the pats, so argument on securing the tank not supporting that. I know we lost, but there was good effort. Looked like a coach trying to save his job, not a lame duck. I don’t buy it on securing the tank. If he knew he was gone, he would have checked out already, even might resign in that case. He strikes me that coward type of guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

I believe that Johnson’s giving Gase opportunity to save his job, thus the surge of play. No way they think he is incompetent and keeping him for the tank, that really doesn’t make sense, knowing the Johnsons, they want to see if Gase gets healthy, that injuries are the reasons for 0-9.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Keeping Gase to "secure the tank" may be some people's wish that he gives them the best chance of losing out because of his incompetence, but I'm certain that isn't an organizational plan. No team will willingly lose all - or most of - their games for the mere possibility of getting a #1 draft pick, no matter how good that player might be rated. But as has been pointed out already, Gase is coaching to salvage his reputation and career - he's the most dangerous guy to have if you want to ensure losing. That's why I argued strenuously for Bowles to be fired mid-season, and he did exactly what I feared - won meaningless games and screwed their draft position.

There are only two reasons I can think of s to why he's not gone already:

1. Firing him now would be really embarrassing for CJ after he reiterated his "genius" comment about him just a few weeks ago.
    2. They're planning on keeping him and not firing him.

But if #1 is the reason, and yet they're still going to fire him after the season, that hardly lessens the embarrassment factor. So I think #2 is the real reason, and that really pisses me off. Of course if #2 IS the reason, I won't remain pissed off, I'll just piss off and remove the Jets from my list of things I care about.

K'OB, Ralebird, Jets79 and 2 others like this.
  4. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

This exactly. My biggest fear is that they plan on keeping him no matter what happens. Every day that he's here for no discernible reason makes me think that they plan on keeping him around.

Ralebird, SOJAZ, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I give a lot of the credit to the players that JD added and others for their character and their desire to continue their career in the NFL.

I think because he was asked the question, and it wouldn't have been professional to trash Gase or say "No comment." Besides, Gase IS part of the solution. He's helping ensure that we get the #1 pick in 2021. ;):p

#6005 NCJetsfan, Nov 10, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 10, 2020
    Cman68 likes this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

If Chris Johnson is stupid enough to keep Gase around in 2021, the entire Fanbase will revolt and although stadiums should be open by then, MetLife '21 will look at like MetLife '20.

rammagen, REVISion, K'OB and 5 others like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

The thing is, if Gase is fired, it could give the team a bump, and they could win a few games because of that. There's no way of knowing. We just have to hope and pray that the Johnsons aren't as stupid as we think they are, and the plan is to definitely fire Gase as soon as the season ends.

Cman68 likes this.
  8. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

It is not unusual for teams to keep their HC around through a horrible season/tank and then fire him at the end of the year.

The Colts did this twice with Jim Mora and Jim Caldwell.
    The Jets did this with Rich Kotite.
    The Lions did this with Rod Marinelli.
    The Falcons did it with June Jones.

All of those teams experienced better than expected performance out of the next regime.

You remove the HC in mid-season when it is clear the team has quit on him. You remove the HC in mid-season when he has given up. You remove the HC in mid-season when he is fighting with management.

I wouldn't blame the Jets if they fired Gase at this point but it is unclear if any of the above cases apply.

Gase has given up play-calling duties at this point and it is clear that he is trying to do more of the HC-ing job and less focused on the offense alone. That likely resolves the 'fighting with management' case above.

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yeah, that seems to be working...like he didn't notice they had 12 men on the field on that FG attempt.:oops:

rammagen and Jets79 like this.
  10. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Because he has to work with him for the rest of the season, not to mention it was reported that Gase had input on hiring him. It’s not what fans want to hear but Douglas doesn’t care about that.

REVISion likes this.
  11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

yeah I saw that round table talk too...but I took it more as Shefter just giving his opinion in talking with Steve Young about TL coming out or staying in school.

he didn’t say that he had this info from any of his sources, or anything like that. I get that he has contacts and knows a lot, but that comment didn’t come in that context.

so I didn’t really put much stock in that

sure as shit I hope it’s true, but I wouldn’t put ANYTHING past our stupid owners. Like I’ve said all along...if there is a fucking stupid asinine dumbasfuck decision to be made, you can bet your house that the Johnsons will be first in line to make it.

I can’t express strongly enough how much I HATE our owners and truly believe them to be the most incompetent blatantly clueless owners in the NFL

12. Br4d

The Lions have a little old lady making the decisions on her pet team and she really likes some people for no apparent reason. That's one of the reasons they have had a franchise QB since the year we drafted Mark Sanchez and they still can't win anything.

13. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

im really not ok with going winless. we would be only the 6th team to winless since 1944. thats not really company i would like to keep.

jags are the only team with 1 win. and they may not get another. they have a few games they could be in with minnesota, cleveland and even indi who they beat week 1. but the likelihood is they could end up with 1 win. smh....

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Because nobody when asked a question by the press throws anybody under the bus, well apart from Gase and his players but JD was right to say what he did, especially if he knows he is getting the sack at seasons end.
    What was he meant to say?
    Gase is an incompetent fool and is a dead man walking, have a nice day y'all.

NCJetsfan, rammagen and barfolomew like this.
  15. Br4d

I'm fine with 0-16. It would be a valid testament to the disaster of the last decade.

What I'm not fine with is another 4-12 season that leaves us on the same cyclical path to futility. If the Jets could win a few games and also get the #1 I'd be fine with that but we need that #1 above all else at this point. We need a real franchise QB prospect.

Given that we already have Darnold to play for us in 2021 if needed it is hard to see how getting the #1 QB prospect of the last few years to succeed him is not just golden for us at this point.

16. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Fitting end to year like this. On then plus side, the odds will be on our side to improve in 2021.

Br4d and barfolomew like this.
  17. K'OB

It will have been nice knowing you, I couldn't support another season of that incompetent clown at the helm, fuck, it is bad enough coming back every season with the clowns we have for owners.

18. K'OB

Well I am very willing and able to boycott it next season :D

19. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

if the Johnsons think injuries are the only reason we are 0-9 then it is time for them to sell

20. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

This is a very impractical way of looking at things imo. We're a terrible team this year. That much is very clear already. That won't change if we win 0 games, 2 games or 4 games. What will change if we win more games is we will have a far less impactful draft pick and less optimism for the future.