2020 NFL Week 9: New England Patriots @ New York Jets (MNF)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 1, 2020.

1. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Amazingly the pitiful Patriots still could not get a TD on that drive and settled for a FG!

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well you can sit in the mouldy cupboard and be happy with the other 8 and 8's then.

0-9 baby, a new jets are on the horizon...

Hopefully

3. K'OB

I'm sorry but you're just fucking mental if you want us to win 7 meaningless games , fucking mental.
    It will keep this franchise locked into this permahell that we have been in for years.

Did I say mental?

Utter madness.

4. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

K'OB likes this.
  5. Aero

Aero Well-Known Member

If it was Darnold who threw 3 TDs, and Mims who had 100 yards and 2 TDs, I probably would have been suckered into cheering for the win in the end. As it is, Perriman probably isn't back next year, and Flacco is Flacco. Losing is the better long term move at this point, and while Lawrence would have been the Jags' to lose, the loss keeps him further from the Pats, too.

Good win last night.

6. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

that ok. There is a role for a possession WR on any team. Mims just lacks top need speed to be a 1. He’s a good get. He is a lot like Claypool. I am fine with him over Claypool honestly.

7. All Gas No Shake

All Gas No Shake Well-Known Member

I wouldnt classify someone who ran a 4.38 40 as lacking top end speed

8. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Whatever it is he has not come close to beating someone deep in the game. He’s a nice player but not quick twitch then.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'm vehemently against cheering for losing. But at 0-8 with generational QB prospects waiting for us on the other side, and Flacco and Gore leading the way - I couldn't help but hope we lost.

I honestly want us to get a win. But what I didn't want was to setup a situation where we can really mess it up in week 17 and give the Pats a fast track to Lawrence or Fields.

Aero likes this.
  10. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

What I liked about this game and what I have been preaching all along is that even though the loss, it's good to see the team battle while watching some of the future kids show their stuff. A loss is not always a loss when the team is trying to find out what 2021 will forebode. Would have liked to have seen Sam out there, but Mims , Perine, Davis, showed us some things.

Jets79 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Perine didn’t really show much last night

No idea why we keep running Gore instead of starting Perine, but that’s Gase for you

I don’t know why I’m not excited by Perine but it’s just that I’ve not seen anything special out of him yet....haven’t seen breakaway speed, haven’t seen straight ahead power, haven’t seen much elusiveness, haven’t seen him make something out of nothing. To me, he has looked very very average...like any decent back, he can get the yards that are there for him, but I haven’t seen him do anything special. His best play was that TD stretch he had, but honestly half the backs in the league make that play.

I feel like he’s a decent change of pace or third down guy...at least to me that’s all he’s shown so far.

definitely does not look like a starter that would concern any defense so far

So for a third round pick, I’m kinda disappointed so far.

hopefully he’ll improve but based on what I’ve seen so far I’m not taking RB off my list of needs

12. K'OB

He looks like a guy that can come in for a spell and that is his limit, more a 6th rounder than a 3rd atm but he is still trying to play in Gaseland and who knows how that affects anybody.

CotcheryFan, BomberJet and Jets79 like this.
  13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

So, gase is staying the whole season?

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If he wasn't fired this morning, I'd say he's probably staying the whole season - at least.

REVISion likes this.
  15. K'OB

fingers crossed.

Now we have to hope and pray he isn't coming back for 21 and we find that this has been all cooked up by two pals :(

Mummy, I'm scared :eek:

Jets79 likes this.
  16. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

Can the Jimmy Johnson example be used as a parallel to what the Jets are doing?

There's no precedent to even fathom thinking the Jets will retain the HC assuming they continue on their 0-16 , 1-15 tail spin. But then again, there hasn't been many examples of 0-16/1-15 teams to use as a rule of thumb. At least, I can't recall except for Jimmy Johnson. But Johnson took over the team that was left in shambles by Tom Landry when Jones bought the team and fired him. Jimmy's 1st year was not very good, going 1-15. But being former team mates in college, they each had close ties enough to know that the team needed some major rebuilding and patience was factor.

Jones's faith in Johnson's ability to right the ship had a lot to do with his tenure with the Miami Hurricanes. In comparison , what does Gase have going for him that can make the owner confident that this franchise will be headed in the right direction? I have no clue :confused:

edit: Bill Walsh's 1st year with 49'er was 2-14, but year 3, won the Superbowl. That was another era.