2020 NFL Week 9: New England Patriots @ New York Jets (MNF)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 1, 2020.

1. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Positives from this game is we have hit on a few rookies.
    Ashtyn is a starter, Mims is a solid number 2, Becton is a hall of famer, Mann is good.

need to hit on one of two more for a really solid class. Hall, Zuniga or clark

chandler, ColoradoContrails and LAJet like this.
  2. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Or Morgan ....

Hall seemingly jumped Lamar Jackson on the DC though. He legit been practicing for about two weeks and he's already in the corner rotation basically in and out with Bless, Desir and Maulet.

Davis I didn't see much but it's great he's getting valuable PT. I see they using him in the Jamal role a bit.

Mims is good. He looks the part.

3. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

why does this keep happening?

he’s had three good first halves now and then nothing in the second half

that must be our offensive genius at work

#143 Jets79, Nov 9, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2020
  4. Jetfanmack

Jetfanmack haz chilens?

That was a depressing game since I couldn't even be happy when the Jets were doing well, but overall, this was about the best case scenario.
    - Kids played well
    - One step closer to the #1 pick
    - Patriots one step further away from the 2nd-tier QBs in the draft

Only negative is Becton's injury.

5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

All Jet fans who cheered against us tonight are going to hell to spend an eternity with Leon Hess.

6. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Agree...Langi looked fast and was all over the field...he needs to play more

Hewitt looked good too

Mims looks good...Perriman had his best day

I see Hall got some plays but had some fuck ups

Zuniga contributed with that penalty to try and help preserve the tank

and boy, it sure feels like we are all in on the tank...no Darnold, no Q, we pulled Becton right away....

LAJet likes this.
  7. Footballgod214

Becton's injury is probably a continuation of his initial shoulder injury Gase wouldn't allow Becton time off to heal properly.

Ralebird and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Would Jet fans even be satisfied with a 2nd round pick becoming a good "#2" WR?

Because let's be honest here, certain types of Jet fans were disgusted that an undrafted household homegrown WR in Robby Anderson was "nothing more than a #2 WR"; so I couldn't imagine the outrage those Jet fans would have if a 2nd round pick (not even an undrafted gem) only lives up to #2 hype...?

I personally already love this Denzel Mims kid because you can already tell, he's going to become really, really good. And I personally don't care if he's labeled a #2 WR moving forward etc because all I want to do is see him surrounded by talent with the likes of an Allen Robinson/JuJu type of impactful WR opposite of him.

9. Footballgod214

I will always go to bed sick after a close loss to the Patriots.

My mental makeup isn't good enough to look beyond the game in front of me and hope for a loss. 2021 draft? That's so long away it can't force me out of my WIN JETS WIN!!!! I get caught up in the game, on the edge of my seat when it's close, and pray to the all Mighty for a 45 yard TD pass on 4th and 10.

10. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I would've been really happy with a tie. There were a lot of good performances out there tonight, but as usual, the "genius" got in the way. Why not more targets to Mims? Why not more touches for Perine - follow up question: why not use both Gore and Perine sometimes together? And what was their longest gain from any run up the gut, 3 yards?

It's clear to me that we're on the right track with player acquisitions (Douglas), but are still saddled with shitty coaching. But since it was such a close game, the Johnsons will probably give Gase an extension, rather than fire him.

11. Yankee6

Yankee6 Well-Known Member

We're ALREADY in hell, we're Jets fans. Cheering against the Jets is actually cheering for the future of the franchise.

12. Footballgod214

I firmly believe if Sam was playing tonight (and healthy) Jets easily defeat the Pats tonight.

It was sort of sad that the first game this season with our top weapons on the field all at once (FINALLY!!!!) Sam was forced to stay out to nurse his busted wing. I feel bad for him. Sam had a great chance to night with his weapons in place for the first time this season and shove it right in the sports writers faces (and a few fan faces too). This game was made for Sam to put the Ghost game away for ever.

2 things moving forward for Sam Darnold to end the season on top of the world (more on this in a bit):

1- Sam has to get healthy for real. Stop trying to play at 50% with shooting pain with every throw.

2- Becton...same as with Sam. Becton is SO dominant. We saw the game plan tonight, running behind Becton and it was a thing of beauty. Get Becton back and give Sam some run plays that actually gain 6-7 yards per like clock work That will take SO MUCH pressure off Sam. Sam converting on 3rd and 1s all night are so much better than trying to convert on 3 and 8 all game. Yes, we need Becton and the run game he provides.

3- And Sam will need some help on defense, which looked really good tonight without Quinnen. So for Sam's sake, get our defensive star back to beat dbl teams and hit/pressure the other QB and to toss their RB down like a rag doll. Get the ball back to Sam & company asap. And hats off to Ashtyn Davis. Holy shit. his kid had an amazing game today, being only his SECOND game starting. His blitz that almost killed Cam was a thing of beauty. We'll be talking less and less about Jamal if Davis continues to develop. He played an amazing game tonight. Last, Jabari Zuniga handed Cam the win with his 12th man on the field for a fucking punt that essentially gave the game to the Jets....but the penalty gave NE a free set of downs....TD. Now that Zuniga is healthy and back with the team, show us the college speed and motor that caught JD's attention! Become that edge pass rusher we've been dreaming about for ever.

OK those 3 moving forward: Sam/Becton healthy, and GW's defense finally gets their men on the field and play well too, just like Ashtyn Davis did tonight.

We have our bye week for our players to get a some healing and to get a few extra practices in with our new weapons at full strength

Then it's SAM time

Nov. 15 BYE (get rested, get healthy, get ready!)

Nov. 22 [​IMG] at Los Angeles Chargers
    Sunday
    Nov. 29 [​IMG] Miami Dolphins
    Sunday
    Dec. 6 [​IMG] Las Vegas Raiders
    Sunday
    Dec. 13 [​IMG] at Seattle Seahawks
    Sunday
    Dec. 20 [​IMG] at Los Angeles
    Sunday
    Dec. 27 [​IMG] Cleveland Browns
    Sunday
    Jan. 3 [​IMG] at New England Patriots

These are the final teams we will get to see our Sam Dranold WITH A FULL COMPLEMENT OF WEAONS ALONG WITH BECTON. We were hurt BAD by a near-total lack of Training Camp which spelled doom for our early games, but after 9 full NFL games, our team is seasoned and ready to open up a can of whoop ass. AND our team we had some hope for before all the injuries to key weapons set is finally ready to put their talents on there for all to see for the first time this year. As more and more of our weapons get back, we do better and bitter.

Sam will have a reasonable chance of being in all 7 remaining games. Sam will have a shot at winning all of them, putting Sam back on the top of the world.

JD will have so much fun playing the draft, surrounding Sam with EVEN MORE weapons and an EVEN BETTER oline.

By 2022 when fans are allowed back in and 2 more full drafts for JD to stock the team with, we will be the post-covid team to beat....and most wont come close.

13. Footballgod214

So THIS is purgatory!

14. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Are you crazy? Flacco played a better game than Sam has all year. We lose this game by more if Sam plays. Flacco had as many TD passes tonight as Sam has had ALL SEASON.

KWJetsFan likes this.
  15. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Lol the Jets Twitter account actually posted this:

16. twown

twown Well-Known Member

Witness the miracle of a protected pocket. It looked like NE was rushing the passer with hot dog vendors, but they couldn't out-tank us in the end!

17. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Agreed. Hate to say it, but Sam would have tossed up his usual 1-2 garbage passes a game which would have led to picks and we would have lost by more.

ColoradoContrails and REVISion like this.
  18. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Your statements about Belichick being a fraud was sort of dumb from a football sense.

But if your point is that GM Joe has done a great job in setting you up for the future I will give you an A++ on this statement. At this point you are 100% correct that the Jets have the best picks for the next 3 years, assuming nothing changes after this season.

But having the picks is not enough, the Jets will need to make good choices and have some luck. I say have some luck because the draft is not a perfect science.

Hopefully, Joe will steer the Jets to the promised land, but time will only tell.

19. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Wait a minute I am a Jet fan!

Yes, I was cheering against the Jets a tiny bit. But honestly, I really didn't care that much who won this game because of the pitiful nature of the situation.

I honestly thought the Jets were going to win until Flacco's dumb interception.

Not to get too religious, but I believe you of your own free will determine whether you enter the Kingdom of Heaven.

20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Why? That one game could just fuck up the entire draft and the next ten years, all to win just one game and save some imaginary face.
    The jags will pick Lawrence if they win the race and then we will watch and forever wonder if only for 10 years.
    It just isn't worth the risk.