Douglas admits he 'miscalculated market value' for Robby

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NYJFan10, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Yeah if Robby was here it would not be going well and we'd be killing Douglas for resigning him

IDFjet, NYGANGGREEN and Sack exchange like this.
  2. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

Douglas playing that 29-dimensional chess again

Trying to get other GMs to take him for a fool so JD can ruin them in a trade for the #1 pick

That or he is proud of being transparently idiotic

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well only the same people who already were slagging Robby off already, the other guys know it was the likes of Gase and Bates being a huge problem and not really Robby but yeah?

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Does anyone here actually care about the depth the panthers have with receivers? The only reason we're talking about Anderson is that he is far better than any receiver the Jets have on their roster.

Lon Chaney likes this.
  5. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

I mentioned this to my wife the other day. She said, "No you won't. You will be watching them like you always do."

If they actually decide to not fire Gase at the end of this season, I will not watch them next season.

6. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I hope they hear that and feel that and believe that...I think it’ll take that kind of pressure for them to fire Gase. The fact that the stadiums are empty is probably music to the Johnsons ears. Can you imagine what that stadium would be like with the out of control booing? I’m bet that if we’d have fans in the stands booing our asses off, Gase would already be gone.

the Johnsons need that kind of push and embarrassment

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  7. bigbucks24

bigbucks24 Active Member

Robbie's signing was cancelled out by the signing of George Fant.

8. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Quincy Wilson didn’t pan out. Waste of a pick, granted 6h round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

This is why hiring a rookie GM is a huge gamble.

Brook! likes this.
  10. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

i would rather have him miscalculate if it saves cap money than the other way around!

look at the 2nd revis contract, wilkerson 2nd contact, trumaine johnson, etc.

those do far more damage , in my opinion.

besides, there were off the field issues with robbie.

11. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

My concern with Joe D miscalculation of the market for Robby may be an indication of his inability to judge talent, because if he truly believed that Robby was going to get more than he got, than he probably believed Robby is a better WR than actually is as well.

12. K'OB

Same old shit repeated over and over again.

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

I've been extremely hard on JD for letting Robby walk (and rightfully so) but after drafting Denzel Mims during the 2nd round he'll have a chance to completely redeem himself (of the Anderson blunder) if he lands us one of either Allen Robinson, JuJu Smith-Schuster or Chris Godwin come free agency (I love all 3).

We have A+ salary cap and WR is going to become a must.

14. K'OB

GASE didn't want him and JD obliged, he has admitted it was a mistake now and hopefully the other mistake will be rectified at the end of the season.

Sack exchange, Brook! and LAJet like this.
  15. DefenseWinsChampionships

I understand we all dislike Gase, but where do you come up with some of this stuff? From all reports I've read, Gase wanted Robby back but JD wanted to be the smartest in the room....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/jetswi...gase-robby-anderson-nfl-free-agency-2020/amp/

16. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Adam Gase IS the train to loserville...:confused:

Sack exchange, Brook! and K'OB like this.
  17. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Is there any other kind? How many failed GMs get a second chance. And are any successful ones ever available.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

How does one 'miscalculate market value' for a player on his team? A player he got to see & hear about everyday in practice.

Makes no sense to me.

I can see that happening if he's looking at another team's player not for a player on your own team. Did he not know what the player meant to the team? Robby was only the team's #1 WR. Does he understand what team chemistry is?

This is what I'm talking about when I say there seems to be something missing with the Jets 'brain trust'. Social skils? I don't know if that's the right term for it.

They seem to have no understanding of the human element involved with building a football team. It's almost like they view people only as numbers or draft picks to be had. It's weird.

Just a theory based on things I've read & heard but the more and more I read & hear I think that's the case.

19. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Correct me if I’m wrong but this article only mentions that Gase praised Robby for some things he was doing, it was the writer who claimed that Gase wanted him back.

The original comment made by JD however clearly highlights that THEY ( Gase included) thought Anderson would get more in FA than he did.

So we can deduce that Gase meddled and influenced JD in which direction to go with RA, bottom line is Gase should not have a say with the GM as to who to sign and for what price.

20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

“It’s on me ultimately”.

There you have it. The man himself has spoken. Glad there’s an adult in the room. Wish the adult had found a cap friendly way to keep him.

If Anderson was still a Jet, I’d wager that his numbers would be about half of what they are right now and the argument would be about whether or not Douglas overpaid for him.

ColoradoContrails likes this.