TANKATHON - Jets & Jaguars Tank Bowl (What to Root for)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Brook!, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Don’t know yet sir but one NFL Team will overlook the lowly Jets and ball will bounce Jets way in a game or two.

2. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

A lot of people are going to be disappointed when JD trades out of the #1 spot, reaffirms his confidence in Sam (and Gase), and his philosophy of building a team from the trenches out.

Footballgod214 likes this.
  3. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Of the teams we have left the chargers, pats x2, a Tua clunker at Miami, and Oakland are all possibilities to get one win. Maybe even two. The panthers have a better shot at TL then we do.

4. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

I don’t think he would pass up on TL but if we get number two he may trade out so bulk up our line. I would take Sewell and transform our line for years to come. The only way to fix Sam is for him to trust he is semi safe.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  5. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Zero chance the Johnson's would let JD keep Gase at this point...not because they may not want to but because it's terrible for business .

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Why would Bill want to lose on purpose?

What is the reward for him as a man to lose to the Jets on purpose?

To draft Trevor Lawrence @ the age of 69 next year and start all over again? I don't think so.

He's already one of the oldest coaches of All Time so just think about it, does Bill Belichick really dream about developing another kid QB from a completely different era for the next 20 years in order to win another 6 rings again with Trevor Lawrence as his next Tom Brady?

Romeo Crennel just became the oldest coach of All Time here in 2020 @ 73 years of age and Belly soon to be 69 isn't far away from him.

Over the next 2-3 years we'll see both of Brady and Belichick retire and and walk away from the game as Player/Coach, together and the next time we see them in the spotlight will be during their HOF inductions and chances are, together. Side by side.

Bill has no interest, dream or desire in landing a 21 year old kid in Trevor at least not at the age of soon to be 70 he doesn't.

He's not tanking, he just doesn't have a Quartback.

7. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

Wow, I guess the truth hurts, doesn't it.

Same reaction from Patriot fans forum when I told them earlier in the year that Cam Newton was no Tom Brady!

If I am pissing both you and Patriot fans, this tells me reality pisses both of you off!

You would think after all these years a smart Jet fan like yourself would realize, getting a QB like Namoth is special.

Again keep your expectations low.

8. Patriot

I never said Luck sucked. He simply did not work out. Not all his fault as you pointed out.

You're wrong about top QBs working out. Heck who was the #1 pick in 2018 by the way? Look at the last 10 years of drafting QBs in the 1st round. More than 50% of them don't work out.

There are many QBs like Luck who were talented but didn't work out. Many times it was the teams they were on.

The best College QB prospect in my humble opinion in the history of the game was Archie Manning. The best of the Manning QBs.

Unfortunately, it did not work out for him playing for the Saints back then

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Hey. What Patriots forum do you post on? And what's your Pats user name? Please tell us all.

How many SBs did NE have before Brady?

How many rings did Seattle, San Fran, NO, KC etc have before Russell, Montana, Brees and Mahomes?

Ha. Sounds like you're a little butthurt over Jet fans currently dreaming and in position for 35-1 Trevor Lawrence and the greatest overall QB prospect since Manning coming out and simply trying to rain on our parade of hope so once again, fk off.

Aren't you a NE Cheatriots fan? Don't you have any Patriots fans to talk football with? Why are you on a Jets NY fan site? Is it so you can talk football with longtime losing fans and remind us of our losing history? Hah. So Comical.

You and your little Patriots were once LOSERS without and before Tom Brady too so don't act any different because of 6 ******tainted****** laughable ******accomplishments******

and your team is now @2-5 once again losers without him. How does it feel? lol.

You're no better than loser Jet fans.

Your team was once called the Boston Patriots. Been around since um... 1960. Before Brady NE/BOS only had a combined 2 whopping AFC banners, only 4 divisional AFC East crowns and an embarrassing 0 Super Bowls (before a GENERATIONAL TOM BRADY).

You know exactly what GENERATIONAL QBs do for COACHES, players and fan bases so I told you to piss off because I know that you know that I know that you're butthurt just of the disgusting thought of our NY Jets FINALLY landing a GENERATIONAL QB in Trevor Lawrence.

That thought alone, makes you sick.

So you were told by NE fans to fuck off? Because you felt the need to play Mr. Captain Obvious and preach to your fans how "Newton is no Brady"? Well. No wonder why they told you to pissed off because you're telling them something that the whole world already knew and I'm pretty sure that they didn't need you of all Jet/Pat posters to remind them that CAM is not BRADY.

Um. Duh?

The Jets had the #1 overall pick before. And passed on a HOF LT by trading out.

Guess what? When our 2021 Jets have the #1 overall pick? Trevor Lawrence will not be passed on. We're drafting him and receiving a GENERATIONAL QB. HAHAHAHA so just deal with it.

10. DefenseWinsChampionships

And there is no guarantee that N.E fans will ever win their first non-tainted SB now that the GOAT is winning again for Tampa Bay while Belly is exposed as a 2-5 Cleveland Browns fraud x2.

You've seen 6 tainted titles that NY fans and fans around football laugh at with asterisks within mocking manner but hey that's life for NE Cheatriot fans and sometimes, life isn't fair so just deal with it.

And Andrew Luck was a great NFL QB as the greatest prospect coming out since Manning and Elway and we all knew he was a special QB coming out and we got to watch him WITHOUT an O-Line go

53-33 as a starter with a career winning percentage of 61.6%. He went passing the football throughout his 6 year career 2000/3290 (60.8%), 171 TDs/83 INTs and an impressive QB Rating of 89.5 (under less than ideal circumstances). He was greatness. As advertised. The whole world knew it too.

Jet fans are starved for that type of Winning Percentage and that type of generational QB prospect.

But why are you mentioning Andrew Luck to us? Why aren't you talking and preaching #18 Peyton Manning to us?

Because Trevor Lawrence is 3x the QB prospect that Luck was coming out. Fact's.

Luck didn't go 36-1.

Luck didn't play in 2-3 NCAA National Championship Games.

Luck didn't put up not even 50% of the statistical dominant performance that Trevor has put up before coming out etc.

Luck WAS the greatest QB prospect to declare since Elway/Manning but not anymore because Trevor is now the greatest generational QB prospect since Elway and Manning (sorry, Luck) and Jet fans such as TGG are Trevor Lawrence and #1 prospect CRAZED for him right now.

Because Luck coming out can't hold a candle light to Trevor coming out. Only Manning can. Check the numbers guy.

Jets 0-8.

Jax: 1-6.
    Hou: 1-6.
    NYG: 1-6.

Only a 4 team race and NYJ is in the lead baby!!!!

We passed on a #1 pick and future HOF Orlando Pace once before but come 2021 and TREVOR LAWRENCE our longtime suffering Francisco will not make that same mistake again

and unlike Luck in Indianapolis TL will already have a massive Franchise LT in place and ready to protect his kid QBs blindside for 10-15+ years in Becton all while JD has #1 A+ Cap Space and more draft capital than any other NFL GM over the next 3 drafts; in order to build around TREVOR LAWRENCE; something Indy never did around and for the once great Andrew Luck.

As @Brook! would say plz stop posting in our tankathon thread. This thread is to keep us up to date with our draft pick order. Please remind us Jet fans of our previous bad luck within other threads because this isn't the one for you to take low blow cheap shots @ us poor Jet fans and tell us all about the Luck's of the world etc go do that elsewhere; but not here. Understood? Ok. Good.

#370 DefenseWinsChampionships, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
  11. Patriot

Why do you continue to try to bait me in a Jets-Patriots pissing contest? Such a contest would be like fighting a crippled.

I am here as a Jets fan who also happens to be a Pats fan. Something you and others can't seem to be able to deal with.

I would love very much for the Jets to finally have a contending team. I think Trevor Lawrence is a very impressive draft prospect and could be the solution to the Jets woes.

But there is an ugly chance that Trevor might not want to play with the Jets. If he pulls an Eli Manning, I will be pissed also because this is total BS and the league should have stopped this BS when Elway pulled it.
    An even uglier chance is that he will get drafted by the Jets and never flourish.
    Then there are all those teams with just 1 win like the Giants who will sleaze their way to the pick.

I hope you are right that the Jets get Trevor and they start to become a championship team.

As to Belichick, he probably would have been retired by now if Shula didn't open his big mouth. Now he wants Shula # of wins record so he can tell Shula to FO in the afterlife.

12. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

These next 3 games are all winnable with the Pats game looking like a game we should win. We need to get through this stretch 0 and 11. I am scared the Pats will go all in on tank mode for a QB. As bad as Gase sucks I know Beli can suck worse if he tries.

It would be very ironic and Jets like if after all these years of losing to the Pats that the Pats beat us again by losing to us twice.

This would be a good week to start Flacco.

#372 Noam, Nov 2, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
  13. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

Another Big Key to tanking and securing #1 pick is how appealing our HC position is,
    if we win a game or two and slide in draft, we lose the luster for a Top Notch candidate...

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Huge game this week for Jax vs Houston. This is likely Jax last chance at a win.

Jets79 and REVISion like this.
  15. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I totally agree. I will do my usual betting trick. I will bet $250 on Houston ML. If Jags win, I am happy for draft. If Houston win I am happy for money. :)

16. rickjet

Jax is the team that needs a tie/loss....please!!!!

Jets79 likes this.
  17. rickjet

Impossible to be a fan of both Jets & Pats, you are a poser!!!

18. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Bills sons are on the coaching staff in NE so it's entirely possible he will want to do so in order to pass the reigns off to his sons and have them have a great QB.

But I don't think Bill is going to throw games for anything. The jets are awful against mobile quarterbacks and although Cam has looked terrible and isn't as elusive as he used to be, I think just the threat of him escaping the pocket is going to give the Jets fits (think about Kyler Murray earlier this year).

I do think the Jets have to secretly think about throwing games though as this year has seen an unprecedented amount of 1 to 2 win teams and of all the teams on that list, the Jets need trevor to catapult us into respectability and make us an attractive destination for coaches.

Jets79, Brook! and REVISion like this.
  19. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

I have a pretty lousy feeling about this game, but I am hoping for the best.

1) The Pats are decimated by injuries, maybe worst in NFL
    2) Cam might have lost it
    3) Defense is no where near where it was
    4) They are out of contention essentially

Jets79, Noam and REVISion like this.
  20. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

0% chance this happens. The Jets have destroyed Sam, he needs a fresh start if he has any hope left. And Gase is an absolute failure. Woody is coming home and will show his brothers mistake the door.