I figured out who one of our members are- famous jet fan (Mystery is Solved)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 28, 2020.

1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Yes he is

2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

This is true. Just would think if it is closely followed they would care about the opinions on here. Only reason why it would be closely followed.

3. Stevied

Stevied Well-Known Member

Damn right

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Maybe they're still trying to find their first clue.

5. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Fireman Ed is not famous. He's a Jet fan with a helmet and Bruce jersey

SixDemonBag and Brook! like this.
  6. DefenseWinsChampionships

You're wrong. He is famous. He's one of the most well known fans within all of American sports. He's also in the Pro Football Hall of Fans. I'd absolutely love if Fireman Ed posted here on TGG.

Ralebird likes this.
  7. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

I have met Ed a few times nice enough guy but started off life a fin fan and became a jet fan later one. So if you are like me being born and raised a Jet fan I think we should lead a chant LOL

8. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

That's because you weren't a season ticket holder and see him do a Soprano's type Jet's video on the stadium board and embarrass himself. it went to his head. He's not famous, he's well known amongst most NFL fans. Over the years I've gained new respect for Ed because I found about the abuse stupid Jet fans gave him.

9. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

If I was famous, last thing I would do is admit to being a Jets' fan. Certainly does not help your image or career.

rammagen likes this.
  10. Ralebird

I remember that video as extremely well received in the stadium, not sure why you think it reflected badly on Ed. I'm also pretty damn sure that it was the Jets that produced the clip - do you think they should have hired an actor to play the part of Fireman Ed? I'll never understand the kind of jealousy that could make a Jets fan think he needed to be challenged.

11. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Is this the new Airport Thread?

stinkyB, Faux machine and Brook! like this.
  12. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I heard differently, people were laughing and shaking there heads. I know the Jets did, who else Ed? He should of never done it, it made him come off as someone more then just a fan, like he was a star. As someone who was a season ticket holder at shea where the chant was stated, Ed became bigger then the chant. He happen to be the guy that took over for the guys in each upper deck end zone at shea that used to compete against each other. Man, that was fun and we didn't know either guys name, just there jerseys ( Klecko & Lyons)

Jealous??? The poor guy had to stop going to games because he was being harassed so much and not in a nice way. I felt bad for the guy. Being the center of attention is the last thing I want in life, especially going to a Jet game.

13. Ralebird

I was there. I saw it, I talked to others who saw it. People liked it, that might be why they were smiling - they weren't laughing at it. I don't know who you heard from that gave you such bad information.

And, actually he had become more than just a regular fan when sports outlets all over the country saw the value in covering what he did with his brother. He never claimed to have started the chant - quite the opposite, he readily acknowledged the guy Dominick who did and he never sought out the attention - it came to him and it was something all the fans got into.

If you don't think he should have made the video, that's fine but I cannot understand why you and some others resent him so much. Yes, it smacks of jealousy.

14. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

You were there? WTF, you think someone told me? I was a season ticket holder from 1981-2016, people were mocking him, it was so lame people were embarrassed for him. For Jet season ticket holders, long timers, that was the beginning of the end for that guy. I never stood up ever again when he tried to start a chant. Anyway, we saw it differently. Lets agree on one thing, this team sucks and I am so glad I don't have season tickets nor will I ever again. F WOODY!!!!

15. Ralebird

Well, you sure showed him; who knew that it was you at the center of his disappearance? I get the idea you're taking all this waaaay too personally.

16. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

[QUOTE="sec314, post: 3992329, member: 6023" He's not famous, he's well known amongst most NFL fans.[/QUOTE]

????????????
    Uh, that is kind of like the definition of famous.

I bet there are shit ton of Rappers that the youth of today would say are famous that I have no clue who they are.
    The majority of true NFL fans across the country know who he is, and the NFL has a lot of fans.
    Wear a Jets jersey out of state the three things you might hear are the Jets suck, the Butt Fumble and Fireman Ed.
    He would come up before even Joe Namath, I speak from experience on multiple occasions.

And I too was a Season Ticket holder for many years and I never was a fan of the whole persona.

17. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

Anyone who has access to this site and still posts takes this team to serious because there 0-11 and not worth talking. Its a fucking addiction, why can't I just do something else on Sunday instead of watching a 0-10 team and getting pissed because they suck.. after 2.5 months of sucking

Brook! likes this.