Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

There is nothing any of us can say any more that hasn't been said already.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

No, Gase is not smart! He's fucking dumb! Why do people think he's smart???

rammagen likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Hence the quotes around "smartest guy in the room".

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  4. apjbfc

apjbfc Well-Known Member

Giants, jacksonville and houston are the remaining 1 win teams.

Were getting closer to #1

Sent from my SM-G610Y using Tapatalk

5. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

Ok defense was bad today. Offense was better of the two but once again Gase and Darnold are a 1 quarter tandem. 2 games in a row the offense didn’t amass more than 100 yards I don’t think. Offense did move the chains and eat up the clock part of the first half. But then like you expect, they run into a wall.

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

I can only image what the team is saying about Gase when he's not in the locker room. What a clown show

7. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Defense is as good at points, no doubt, but the offense has like 4-5 possessions to score, to make it game. The fumble was the back breaker. Then the flood gates opened.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

It's like the coaches panic as we get downfield and don't know how to call plays at that point.

9. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

First, it's fine that we disagree. No one said that we always have to agree, even though we usually do, and I'm certainly not trying to get into an argument with you. I'm just trying to make a point. Very seldom is anything or anyone all bad.

Second, the question you ask in that sentence has nothing to do with whether the play can be a good play or not. It's a separate matter entirely. I agree with you that it shouldn't be in the playbook for a team unless that team has the talent to execute it, but that doesn't mean that it isn't a good play. It just means that it's not smart to have a play in your current playbook with your current team that can't work because you don't have the talent to execute it properly. Add better talent and the play will work, or a team with the talent to make it work, could adopt that play and it be a good play for them.

Again, your last paragraph is off-topic. It has nothing to do with plays being good or bad. I never claimed that Gase is good, that he is the smartest guy in the room, that he is even a decent coach, much less a good one, and I certainly have never said or even suggested that he is a good HC or even good OC. I'm talking solely about his plays. They may not all even be his. Most OC and DCs "steal" plays from each others, i.e., they copy each other, with perhaps some new wrinkles thrown in. I was just speaking in the abstract about his play design, not whether they were right for the Jets' personnel.

10. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I believe that his O has been a bottom feeder because of his refusal to adapt his system to the talents of the players he has on hand, and because he isn't any good at calling plays. He doesn't understand timing, how to set another team up, or even to have his WRs go past the 1st down marker on 3rd downs. His plays are not all that different from plays that other teams use. I'm also not saying that every play he has in his playbook is good. It's certainly possible that some plays wouldn't work no matter what the personnel was. We have seen some of his plays work repeatedly however. We get first downs and we have won some games (not many, but some). I'm just trying to be fair and keep it real.

11. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

That WR screen to Berrios, we tried like 5-6 times with same miserable result. Hard headed coach and staff. Just mind boggling. Not one deep throw the whole game. We had one nice medium throw to Mims. Otherwise dinks and dunks. We were moving the ball taking clock, but it got old and chiefs got keen to it, but we continued to do it! That is on coaching I am sorry to say. I don’t know why gase still around, the play of the team is more that bad! The effort was better today!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#5931 Sack exchange, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2020
    ColoradoContrails and rammagen like this.
  12. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Well they have to call dinks and dunks because our OL can’t pass protect worth a damn

I get the desire to want to go deep a few times, but you can’t trust our OL

with this OL, we need to play a dink and dunk game....the problem is Darnold is not Brady and Berrios is not Edelman. When Crowder is in there is works a little better because he’s a great slot receiver and can get open....whereas Berrios has iffy hands, drops too many passes (another first down dropped today), and doesn’t have the separation that Crowder gets.

And of course, Darnold is no Brady...Brady was pinpoint accurate on all of these, whereas Darnold gets rattled and flustered

Sucks, but you can’t call plays that require our OL to block for 2 seconds because they’ve proven they can’t do it

NCJetsfan likes this.
  13. DefenseWinsChampionships

And I can't imagine what a lot of his players are saying to his face, behind closed doors (in-house).

I think only Frank Gore really has his back.

14. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Actually, there were 2 deep throws and Sam missed them both. Not that it makes Gase look any better since him and Loggains are god awful at playcalling and just flat out quit on their team in the 4th quarter. This team is just a shit show and it would save them and the fans further misery to just forfeit the rest of their games.

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Sorry, I gotta go with the blind squirrel theory on that one.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. Ralebird

Great.

Give us one indication that "the team is still fighting for coach Gase" and is not just doing what they can for themselves.

[It even bothers me to type "coach Gase" as if he deserves to be called coach.]

17. Ralebird

Sack exchange likes this.
  18. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

Genius ... is greater than smart...

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

yes and no. The line struggles but they've also had their shots at deep passes. Darnold is afraid to pull the trigger. Or when he does its a terrible pass. Yesterday they were about mid field or something and they had an open deep pass and Darnold missed him badly. I think that was before the blocked kick, not sure

20. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

There is not one thing about this offense that the opposition is worried about. The line is porous and can't run block to save its life. The RBs have little or no burst and so can't benefit from any holes that are there, aren't a threat to break a big run and aren't particularly effective catching the ball out of the backfield. The starting WRs are just about OK but won't scare anyone, but the depth is poor and all 3 presumptive starters have yet to play together. The TEs appear to be missing in a nuclear disaster zone. The QB is struggling massively, has zero confidence, is statistically terrible and has demonstrated to most, of not yet all, that while he may not be the problem he's probably not the answer - and yet is still probably the best thing about the O as a whole. No coach could expect to succeed in this spot. There just isn't anything that you can hang your hat on and say we do that well so you have to stop it and I can scheme other things around that.

Given all of the above, however, I haven't yet mentioned the worst thing about the O yet. That is reserved for the HC/OC/offensive genius in charge. Yes, I don't think anyone could succeed with this roster, but I can't think of anyone who would do a worse job in trying to make them competitive either.