Who Amongst Us Still Think The Johnson Care?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Nov 2, 2020.

?

The Johnsons

Poll closed Dec 3, 2020.
  1. Care

28.6%
  2. Don't care

71.4%
  1. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I feel for 1 do not :mad:

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  2. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

This is all they care about

[​IMG]

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I honestly don't think they don't care.

I just think they have no fuckin clue what they are doing. Hiring a guy like Joe Douglas shows they care and maybe got lucky, but it is clear they are in over their head.

If they are smart, they hand Douglas the keys

4. Falco21

This is why I dont believe the narrative that they don't care. The team being this bad will not generate them more money. The entire fan base hates our head coach and if things were normal, would likely be boycotting going to home games.

A winning franchise makes you tons of money. Not a losing one

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Yes I think they care, people that actually know them have said as much. incompetence is different than indifference, if anyone you should know this.

BTW, you still think Douglas sucks because he didn’t bring in can Newton like you’ve said a number of times?

ukjetsfan likes this.
  6. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I think they care but have no idea how to run a proper franchise.

let’s see who they get to be the coach in 2021

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Woody Johnson left our Jets to become a U.S Ambassador of the United Kingdom for Donald Trump and the Republican Party and couldn't care less about our little NY Jets.

Woody Johnson is now 73 years old and a net worth estimated at over $4.2 billion; he doesn't care about our Jets.

This guy makes me miss Leon Hess and I hope he sells our team as quickly as he bought our team in 2000 after Hess's passing.

8. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Doubt they ever cared.

Money is the only thing that the owners care about, and until there's a model in the league where the franchises don't make money hand over fist regardless of the performance of their team, they won't start to care.

JoeWalton likes this.
  9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

The Johnson's make me miss Sonny Werblin

egbert souse likes this.
  10. PennyandtheJets

PennyandtheJets Well-Known Member

To say they don't care is like saying a person doesn't care that their business is going belly up.

Of course they care that they are losing. They lose money when they lose. The issue isn't caring...it is incompetence.

If our owners would simply take themselves out of any key decision making (hiring a coach)...we would be in a much better place.

jacktucky and No Fly Zone like this.
  11. championjets69

Ah a wonderful name from the 60s Imagine he got thrown out of the partnership because hr signed JWN without Hesses approval :mad:

NYJetsO12 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  12. championjets69

Sorry if he cared Gase would already being history :mad:

jets_fan likes this.
  13. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

If he cared, Gase would have never been hired.

papapump, NYJetsO12 and jetstopgun like this.
  14. JerzeJets

JerzeJets Active Member

They care about the team as much as I care about this thread.

15. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Well if they don’t have a clue, then hire a president of football operations or let Douglas take care of everything from a football perspective. Having one of the worst seasons possibly in NFL history has gotta be a wake up call. My worry is Woody might think he is much better running the team than his brother and when he comes back will simply take over and keep the same structure in place. We need a structural change if we want to see any success under these owners.

16. Falco21

And as I stated, they will likely hand over the keys to Douglas. Douglas was just hired. He seems to be making all the decisions trading players and moving pieces around on the roster.

I fully expect them to let Douglas take control and do what he needs to do. If there is one thing ownership has done right, in my opinion, it was hiring Joe Douglas.

17. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

Hey Larry you know what would be great? An episode about you and some other Jets fans trying to have a sit down with the Johnsons, and I could guest appear as a fan! We could recreate the Jets fire Gase protest that happened in real life where only 2 people show up!

18. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

The problem is there not smart ... I would bet there’s no way there going to let Douglas hire the next coach... there going to Screw this up ...if they really care Magic Mike shouldn’t have had control of free agency or the draft before hiring Douglas.. this is why Lawrence is taking a wait and see attitude towards declaring himself for the draft..which is smart...Because when dumb and dumber do screw this up Lawrence gonna say no thanks I’ll stay at Clemson

19. Falco21

First of all, I agree with you that I do not think they are smart. I do disagree with you about letting Douglas select the next head coach. They are idiots, but I think they see the writing on the wall regarding their ability to evaluate a head coach candidate.

Second of all, I think your comment on Lawrence is way off. Lawrence is not making the comments he is because of the Jets ownership. That is a reach. He is making those comments because he is the starting QB for a college team that is in the running for a second national title. He is the leader of his team and he would be hindering his ability to remain as the leader if he came out blatantly stating that he is for sure entering the draft.

There is no wait and see approach for Lawrence and I think his COVID diagnosis proved just that. In an instant he can lose his entire future as a #1 pick with any injury or setback. That is potentially MILLIONS of dollars and his entire career. He will not risk that by staying another year in a program where he has already accomplished everything he could have accomplished. The Jets suck as will any team picking #1 overall.

papapump and jetstopgun like this.
  20. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Brother I do pray that you’re right especially about dumb and dumber I hope they just get out of the way and let Douglas picked a coach