SI: Becton vs Jeudy

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Jerryjeudy, Sep 2, 2020.

1. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Well no action here lately, Jeudy with 20 yds last game, now at 286 yds and 1 td in 6 games. Crowder still at 382 yds and 2 tds in 4 games.

2. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Where the Becton haters now? We have arguably a top 5 NFL LT. So shhhhh...

Guys like Jeudy and CeeDee are not Julio.

3. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

Jeudy's one touchdown was against us and only happened because Desir flubbed the pick

That said, i really know nothing about either guy but i have observed year in and year out first round WRs being risky picks. Lots of factors underlie their success in college -- AND in pros

perhaps more than any other position it seems draft analysts get WE wrong

Royal Tee and barfolomew like this.
  4. roboz08

roboz08 Well-Known Member

Mental weakness. Hmmm, interesting choice of words.

Royal Tee likes this.
  5. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

CeeDee was killing it before Dak went down. Jefferson is ranked as the number 1 WR in football by PFF. His yards per route is 3.2, only behind Davante Adams. For comparison, last year, in Michael Thomas' historic year he was only at 2.82 yards per route. I like Becton as well and am extremely happy with him, but let's not dismiss what some of these other WRs are doing because they are balling.

KurtTheJetsFan and b.reyes16 like this.
  6. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

I might have to change my username to MekhiBecton

Based on what I’ve seen so far this season, Becton was the right pick

Jeudy was off to a good start, he was the #1 ranked rookie WR by PFF thru Week 4, but has really sucked ballz over the past few games

There are still 9 games remaining, but as it stands right now, there’s a reason why Douglas wears the GM hat

He’s better than Idzik for sure

And Mac probably would have selected Jeudy or another DL

I still believe Jeudy will have a better 2nd half of the season with Lock now back, and still has a chance to have a terrific career, but I thought he would be a phenom his rookie year, and so far that simply hasn’t been the case

My overall point still stands for next year’s draft

Whether it’s Sam or a new QB, Douglas better start drafting some weapons for the Jets QB

Taking the best WR available in Round 1 (if sticking with Darnold) or Round 2 (if new QB)

Taking the best RB available in Rounds 3-4

Unless the Jets want to keep ruining QBs

OL is very important, but they don’t catch passes

A WR who can gain separation quickly and consistently, like Edelman in his prime, is an obvious aid to the OL because they don’t have to hold their blocks as long

Watching the Pats with Welker and Edelman and their RBs who can catch passes out of the backfield, allowing Brady to be able to get rid of the ball quickly, and then watching the rest of the NFL follow suit, while the Jets continued to draft WRs who can’t consistently gain separation, is something that has already ruined Sanchez and possibly Sam

Build the offense thru the draft first to develop the QB in years 1/2/3, then focus on the defense starting in Year 4

Cowboys had the right blueprint until Dak got hurt

QB/OL/WR/RB to develop the drafted QB

Drafting defensive players at the top of the draft immediately after you select your Franchise QB, as we saw with Sanchez and Darnold in their first few years, is a recipe for disaster

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I may be mistaken, but I think the dropoff may be pretty steep after Etienne, Hubbard and Harris at RB. I would be shocked if one of the top 5-6 WR prospects is there at Seattle's pick. Etienne may not even make it to that point. Realistically, I think the Jets could be choosing between Hubbard, Harris, maybe Freiermuth or Pitts, Roche (or another Edge), or an OL at that point.

8. b.reyes16

b.reyes16 Well-Known Member

I'd be very surprised if Etienne makes it to Seattle's pick. If he does, we should run to the podium to pair him with his guy Lawrence.

9. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

It’s the perfect argument for BPA at position of NEED

And in terms of QB development with Jets current roster, the need is WR > OL/RB

If the WR really isn’t there at the draft spot, then take an OL/RB

Young QBs need WRs with whom they can develop rapport... good route tree, gains separation, reliable hands

Darnold had terrible luck getting drafted by this org

I really feel for the guy... but think he will overcome this poor start to his career due to his natural talents and conscientious in the film room

I will root for him regardless of where he ends up

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  10. cval

cval Well-Known Member

Young Qb's need a really good TE.

KurtTheJetsFan and Jerryjeudy like this.
  11. NCJetsfan

I totally and wholeheartedly agree!

b.reyes16 likes this.
  12. NCJetsfan

WR is definitely greater than OL at Seattle's pick. I could be wrong, but I don't think there are any WRs in this draft outside of Chase and Waddle who could do as much for Lawrence and the offense than Etienne. He would take a huge load of pressure off of Lawrence, and give Lawrence a greater sense of comfort and confidence because he knows what Etienne is capable of, where he likes the ball, how he runs his routes, etc. I would love to add a WR there, but will be shocked if any of the good ones fall that far. I'd also love to add Freiermuth or Pitts, but if Etienne is there, I'm taking Etienne.

13. DefenseWinsChampionships

We need Seattle to go on a losing streak so we can finish with a top 20 pick.

In regards to Jeudy vs. Becton? I'm glad I was wrong because I wouldn't trade a Franchise LT in Becton for any 2020 draft pick right now especially with dreams of Trevor Lawrence; Becton was an A+ HR pick from JD.

Jeudy and Lamb received all the 1st round hype but Justin Jefferson of Minnesota has been the best rookie WR thus far with 28 receptions for 537 receiving yards and 3 TD receptions already; and coming off a 9 catch, 162 yards and 2 TD performance last week. Kid already has 3 100+ receiving games. Minnesota got a steal 22nd overall. Kid was an SEC beast @ LSU and actually recorded much better final season numbers than Jeudy/Lamb..

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. NCJetsfan

Yes, a number of us loved Jefferson. Lamb was my favorite WR in this year's draft, but Jefferson was a close second.

15. DefenseWinsChampionships

And this year? Guys like Chase of LSU (not playing 2020), Waddle (injured) and D. Smith of Alabama are getting all the 1st round hype but do you know who I like the most? Yet another LSU WR (been a hot spot for NFL WRs over the years lately).

Terrace Marshall Jr.

Great size @ 6'3 too. Having a monster year within the SEC for LSU with 27 receptions for 512 receiving yards and 9 TD receptions! Another 1st round WR for sure.

And he doesn't have a Joe Burrow throwing him the football either.

He's a self made animal and has multiple TD receptions during all 4 games this year.

11/235/3 @ Missouri 2 weeks ago. He's an animal.

16. NCJetsfan

Thanks. I'll check him out. I've heard the name, but that's it. I don't know what I was thinking buying a house, trying to get repairs done, and moving during football season! I must have lost my mind. LOL

17. DefenseWinsChampionships

Congrats on new home.

2013 was the only time I've ever been to NC me and my wife and a good friend of mine who got us tickets for the game drove all the way to NC from Florida for FSU's matchup against Duke in the ACC Championship Game during Winston days. Time of my life. It was in Charlotte @ the Panthers stadium. I haven't felt that type of COLD since Queens as a kid. I had no idea it even got that COLD here in the South it was literally freezing it felt like. But yes after the game we had a blast downtown Charlotte the whole downtown area was highlighted in blue was the nicest Downtown I've ever experienced. Great time there. Beautiful.

Damn..I loved those FSU teams led by Winston and we haven't been the same since but yes Charlotte NC was an awesome experience for me and the people of Charlotte downtown were super nice people and down to earth. 35 now hard to believe I was only in my 20s then (28) time flies.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  18. DefenseWinsChampionships

Here you go. Check him out NC. We obviously won't be drafting him (unless Seattle collapses) but imo he's the best WR in college football with the best NFL upside.

Dwayne Bowe (drafted 2007).
    Jarvis Landry (drafted 2014).
    Odell Beckham Jr (drafted 2014).
    Justin Jefferson (drafted 2020).

LSU has been an NFL Hotbed for elite WR's under Les Miles and I believe that both Ja'Marr Chase and Terrace Marshall Jr. are next up (NFL Superstar WRs).

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

Thanks!

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

I think you'll walk away super impressed with this kid. Just 1 game but it's one of his best games. Him and Chase are like a Landry/Beckham Jr. duo it's a win/win and literally can not go wrong type WRs.