Rumor" Eagles interested in trade for Avery Williamson

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ouchy, Oct 29, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

WoodyHarrelson, apjbfc and barfolomew like this.
  2. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I doubt we’d get anything like that - but why the hell not. Trade everyone.

JetsNation06 likes this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I asked for a trade to another team but they said I had to sit and suffer like everybody else :(

4. DefenseWinsChampionships

He's 28 and has out performed his 5th round draft status. Eagles are believe it not, still in the playoff hunt due to an awful NFC East so if they are serious about trying to win, it's gotta be for a 3rd round pick and nothing less than a 4th.

With CJ Mosley coming back next year (who I hate for quitting on his teammates) well then I'd unload Williamson in a split second in order to continue stock piling draft picks (in JD I've gotta trust).

5. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Lol you guys are cray cray if you think we’re getting a 3rd rd pick for Avery Williamson. It will possibly be a 5th but more likely a 6th.

6. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

Trade scouting departments with Steelers, Ravens or Chiefs

If Jets need to throw in some 1st Round picks to make that happen, it would still be worth it

Doreblade and Jets79 like this.
  7. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

For real. Not sure why people think they can get premium picks for these old dudes

apjbfc and Jets79 like this.
  8. DefenseWinsChampionships

Not true @ all. He's a former 5th round pick himself and has EASILY out performed his draft status.

You don't out perform your draft status coming out only to be traded for the same value. Football doesn't work like that.

He's easily a 3rd round pick and at worst a 4th and believe it or not he's only 28 (only 1 year older than Marcus Maye).

You're the one who's crazy it you think JD would trade him for a 5th or 6th when he's already out performed his 5th round draft stock since coming out.

9. MaximusD163

MaximusD163 Well-Known Member

You are the one who doesn’t understand trade value. Aside from the fact Williamson is an average player after his injury, he has only 9 games left under contract. He is not even close to worthy of a use of the franchise tag, meaning whatever team that trades him gets him for less than a year. He is likely worth a 6th or maybe 5th in a trade.

gajetsfan, Jets79, apjbfc and 2 others like this.
  10. wouldnt offer more than a 6th for him.

If a team were truly desperate & somehow felt he was the missing piece to a super bowl team MAYBE a 4th.

11. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

A 2nd or 3rd for a potential half a season rental? Gimme some of whatever you're smoking. Be lucky to get a 5th for Williamson.

gajetsfan and Jets79 like this.
  12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

He's not worth more than a 5th, but at that price, I have to think maybe he's worth more to the Jets and they should keep him. I get tear down rebuild, but still you need decent players to fill in. I'd say he fits into that role. Can Douglas really acquire more with a 5th or 6th round draft pick than he brings to the team?

SOJAZ likes this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think he's a conditional 7th to be honest. Maybe becomes a 6th.

But as far as he's concerned yeah we should deal him for whatever.

I heard the Steelers were kicking his name around too when Bush went down but haven't seen anything since that rumor.

14. DefenseWinsChampionships

Steve McLendon is 34 and 6 years older than Avery Williamson. Some of you guys are seriously underrating Avery's trade value here. McLendon is a bad example too because Avery has been 10x more productive on Defense than Steve ever was. 5th round at best my ass. He's a 3rd round value and easily a 4th.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  15. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Probably Avery and a 6th for a 5th or something close to that.

16. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

That's why the Eagles are the perfect fit-- he's not the missing piece to a Super Bowl team, but in that garbage division, for a team with a GLARING weakness at ILB, he very well could be the missing piece to a division championship and home playoff game.

McLendon was probably worth a little bit more than the Jets got for him, but they did him a solid reuniting him with Bowles AND sending him to a good (winning) team. He will be able to step right in and will be appreciated there. He was worth nearly nothing here at this point, just taking playing/practice time away from young talent.
    Williamson hasn't been as good this year, but I basically agree with DWC here, his value is somewhere around a mid-to-late 4th to team that needs a sure tackler. Maybe a very high 5th.

17. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Why keep him if they're truly trying to tank? He's a FA after this season, and I doubt that Douglas would re-sign him. The Jets could get a productive backup or STs player with a 5th round pick, and if Douglas was really good/lucky, maybe even a solid starter.

18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

As I tried to explain, you still need players like him on the team, and are you going to find someone as good as he is (not saying he's great, but he's solid), with a 5th or 6th round draft pick? Of course it depends on what he wants to sign for, and whether Douglas wants to pay him that, but on the surface that's how I see it.

IDFjet likes this.
  19. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

I totally agree--we need 30-40 solid lunch-pail hard-working kind of guys who become a foundation. JD will know if he's looking for a raise next year and then maybe you have to deal. Else, he's very solid at 5mm a year for 3 years of something like that IMO.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Unfortunately the ILB spot has been a glaring hole this year. Williamson has looked better the last couple weeks and he was a good player for us before he got hurt. There might be more insight as to whether or not these guys and their agents have indicated whether they'll re-sign or possibly go try to play for a team that isn't in a rebuild.

All three of our ILB's are free agents too and the entire free agency cupboard at the spot is bare. We'll likely have to upgrade the spot in the draft one way or another. I also never understood why we kept Hewitt over James Burgess. He far outplayed Hewitt in my eyes last year.

Wonder what'll happen with Onwuasor who hasn't played a game yet.

Royal Tee and ColoradoContrails like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.