Should the Jets trade M. Maye to the Raiders?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BomberJet, Oct 29, 2020.

1. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

No way you make that trade unless It's significant compensation. At some point we have to build around the actual good pieces we have on this team.

3. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Seriously. I don't know why everyone has such a hard on for trading younger players who are good for picks because you MIGHT be able to get another young player that's good.

4. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Depends on the return but even more so dependent on if JD plans to resign him and if he does if he thinks he can get it done.

If the answer is no then you take whatever you can get.

jixxjr, apjbfc, NCJetsfan and 2 others like this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Different teams have different timelines.

6. Doreblade

Doreblade Active Member

^^^ +1 on this. Build on core players, build for the future. Trade away and the rebuild just goes on and on and on...and that is where we are right now.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

7. DefenseWinsChampionships

Well then we should've never traded away Jamal Adams. That ship sailed long ago. And Marcus Maye is NOT a player you build around I personally can't stand him.

Marcus Maye is not a pro bowl Safety and he's most certainly not an All Pro 1st team Safety.

He's a Free Safety who can't even INT passes (1 INT) and unlike SS (Jamal) you look for your FS's to develop into Ball Hawks and Maye is the complete opposite.

Maye believe it or not is 2 almost 3 years older than Adams and now already 27.

Marcus Maye has completely busted trying to replace Jamal and our defense STINKS because of it.

I'll trade away Maye for a freaking 4th rounder and call it an absolute steal because truth be told, he was an automatic bust when sorry ass Macc drafted Maye over my FSU kid DALVIN COOK who went immediately after Maye to Minnesota. I wanted Cook so bad that I turned my TV off on draft day when Macc selected Maye over Cook; we could have a serious game breaking offensive weapon in Cook right now but instead we got a FREE SAFETY who can't record INT's (4th year with a whopping 5 ints lol).

Remember when you Jet fans preached to me how our All Rookie, Multiple Pro Bowler and multiple All Pro in Jamal Adams was "just a Safety"? Well. Now it's my turn. Marcus Maye is JUST A SAFETY and a FS who can't even BALL HAWK!

Any Jets fan who wanted to trade #33 but is now against trading away Marcus stinking Maye is nothing more than a hypocritical hypocrite.

Jamal landed us 2 late round first picks. Maye isn't even good enough to return us a 2nd round pick. Trade his ass for a 4th round pick because he should've never been a JET to begin with (Dalvin Cook says hello) man fk Maccagnan!

8. Jerryjeudy

Jerryjeudy Active Member

With the Jets drafting history over the past 20 years, drafted players that are actually good are pretty rare

Since most draft picks have been busts, trading away the good draftees is a recipe to be perenially amongst the worst teams in the NFL

That’s how we got here

Adams and Maye were rare hits in Rounds 1 and 2

We already lost Adams, who has turned out to be irreplaceable

Maye will prolly be shipped out next

Ridiculous

Could you imagine a baseball or basketball team trading away all their best drafted players?

It’s laughable at this point

The reward/risk simply isn’t there

Brook! and Jets79 like this.
  9. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Every timeline starts with having young productive players. We are the only Fanbase that loves to get rid of them hoping that we can find other ones.

88toon, Ralebird, cval and 2 others like this.
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

Stop it. Please do not compare nor put Marcus Maye in the same sentence as Jamal in regards to being unreplaceable.

Jamal Adams was an All Rookie. Multiple Pro Bowler and a multiple All Pro. His greatness on the field landed us two first round picks + a 3rd round pick. We received a Khalil Mack type of haul.

Marcus Maye?!?!? Hahahahahaha he's a freaking FREE SAFETY with a whopping 5 INTs during his 4 year career and as a FREE SAFETY he's the complete opposite of a BALL HAWK!

He's also turning 28 due to a LATE NFL START and will begin to get worse and worse before you know it.

He's no "2nd round hit". Davin Cook would've been a 2nd round hit as a game breaking HB. JuJu as an awesome young WR would have been a 2nd round hit.

Eddie Jackson was drafted during the 4th round as a Safety and has developed into an All Pro, multiple Pro Bowler and already a top 100 Chicago Bear All-Time.

Fk Marcus Maye. He's a non game changer and the likes of QW, Maye, Poole and Williamson should all be traded because as the 4 leaders of our Defense we absolutely STINK with them leading the way. The only one I'd consider keeping in order to build around is QW; but Marcus Maye definitely isn't a household name who you build around and needs to be traded asap.

Marcus Maye is JUST A SAFETY. Remember? Remember? The whole JUST A SAFETY saying? Remember? Because I do!

So if you can unload JUST A SAFETY in Maye for a future CB, OLB or GAME BREAKING RB (COOK) it's a no brainier; he's got to go! And should never have been a JET to begin with.

11. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Get a new system and a new coach... get rid of them all. QW is young enough to keep...

12. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

I was hoping Jets would extend Maye during the season. Curious as to why not?

He's a player the Jets drafted.

He's a good player.

Are we so adverse to keeping good players we drafted?

13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

One has to factor in the loss of 2022 comp pick if he is traded. With all the expiring contracts we should be in line for some 2022 comp picks.

14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Your point is correct bar the fact that Maye isn't really that young in the scheme of things,

I wouldn't trade him for less than a first but I wouldn't want to trade him either tbh

15. If Marcus wants to be a Jet & play here than no reason to trade him.

Think the only question is if Maye would have any desire to re up w team? Hes 27.If everything goes right team MIGHT contend in 2 yrs.Does he wanna win sooner? Maybe go somewhere warmer?

If the Jets have reason to believe he will leave in FA & they can get a better pick than what they might get as a compensatory than it makes sense to pull the trigger.

It does create another hole moving fwd so ideally theyd get a safety back similar to Jamal & also volume of picks on the return.

MoWilkBeast likes this.
  16. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

You are way wrong.

First of all. A FS Is a much better piece to build around than a SS.

Jamal Adams was a stud, he wasn't a building block type player though, he is more of an addition to an already pieced together puzzle. That cherry on top caliber player. The Seahawks knew this, JD knew this.

I dont disagree with the trade. Especially after Adams wanted to act so entitled and whine and cry like a complete bitch. I have no respect for him, he wanted to take the easy road, fuck em... Good riddance.

You can't stand him? He is an amazing personality and person, oh, and he Is currently ranked In the top 10 at his position In the league.

Why do you not like him? He's good in coverage, in the box, and Is a natural roamer. Just because he doesn't have the INT's, you think he's trash? That makes no sense to me.

Where is all of Jamal's INT's? Lol

Jamal was a bitch. Maye actually had the grit to stick it out, give his best for this team, and he is also productive.

Yeah. I'll take that all day long. No regrets.

Sucks you are so bitter about It but I think it's great for our long term outlook.

I'm also glad you have nothing to do with the FO responsibilities, a 4th for Maye? That is absolutely ridiculous.

17. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

True enough, but I would hope that Douglas is planning on resigning him at this point. We don't have much of a foundation, but we need to start adding to it and building upon it, not continually starting from scratch. By that I mean with new/drafted players. We haven't ever done a "build from scratch" rebuild, but we have jettisoned young talent, essentially rendering our drafts barren. Of course the drafts have been almost barren anyway thanks to our inept scouting and evaluating, but the meager "flecks of gold" we do find we never accumulate.

88toon, Attackett, Jets79 and 2 others like this.
  18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's not a crazy proposition since he's a free agent in five months. But I'd rather re-sign him to a three year deal and not create another hole.

As others have said, I'm sure Douglas might have a better idea of Maye wants to stay or not.

88toon, Brook!, Jets79 and 2 others like this.
  19. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You really are a massive tit

20. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I’d resign him. Seems like a good guy and a good player. Invest a bit in home grown talent. Sends a message that the Jets kinda need to send right now.

ColoradoContrails, Ptflea2 and K'OB like this.