What changed in the 2nd half ?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Oct 25, 2020.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

What changed during the 2nd half? Sam Darnold happened. Simple as that. Sam Darnold failed to put up anything more than 4 offensive yards during the entire 2nd half. That's not on coaching. O-Line. WRs. Play calling. Nothing. That's all on Sam Darnold. The Quarterback. 4 yards? No excuses. That. Is. Unacceptable. And embarrassing.

There have been many NFL QBs with crap coaches, crap O Lines and crap offenses but not even David Carr could ever put up 4 yards of stinking offense! Ryan Leaf either.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

There was absolutely something the Jets could have done...

Call a RB screen!

I was begging them to run a screen play on 1st down. That would have helped to punish the aggressive defensive play calling.

Just one screen play could have changed everything.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Gase doesn't believe in them. He probably doesn't even have one in his playbook.

4. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

This is Bruce Coslet all over again. Once a team realized the JETS couldn't stop blitzes effectively, it was over.
    See: 1993

5. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

It was obvious that the Bills made adjustments. But this wasn't the first time the Jets faced something like this. The Denver game was another
    fiasco. I think teams see that one and use it as a perfect model. What gets me is how are they are not prepared for this? Wtf are they doing at there
    practices? I wish I could see some film on this because rhey key to all this is if a WR was able to get open. And where the hell are the TE's? They should be blocking and getting quick passes.

6. SixDemonBag

SixDemonBag Member

Yup. Buffalo came out flat. Short week following a hyped matchup with the Chiefs. Once they woke up, it was over. Never in doubt! TL here we come!

7. SixDemonBag

SixDemonBag Member

Yeah, but Coslet had badass jackets. So he wins. Underrated 90s fashion icon. Moss, Crawford, Coslet. The looks that defined an era.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Royal Tee and KWJetsFan like this.
  8. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

The Bills took Mims away which left them with only Berrios who is ok but quite small. Without Crowder and with Perriman going down Sam had nowhere to throw the ball. The OL didn't help much.

9. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Screens are meant to beat edge pressure...Bills were run blitzing up the middle. Maybe a middle screen between the tackles? Maybe Perine hadn't gotten that far in the playbook...he's only been playing for 2 weeks.

Royal Tee and Longsuffering88 like this.
  10. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

True that, but inept coaching also had an impact on why Griffin and Herndon disappeared. I'm sure if Brady and Gronk were in place of this inept group they would have been able to manage better. How better with this OL, who knows , but there's something to say about experience and good play calling.

I'm starting to waver on Darnold- he's not speaking up - he needs to voice his opinion on the shitty play calling - he's letting Gase take the team down in flames and he's also going to be in those ashes. .

11. eddie sec 126

eddie sec 126 Active Member

How do you end the first half with all your timeouts. Someone please explain

12. Gremlin

Gremlin Well-Known Member

100%

I don't see the point in having 4 or 5 receiever sets when Darnold is going to lock onto his first read and never budge off it in any instance.

matt robinson 17 and NCJetsfan like this.
  13. red75bronco

red75bronco Well-Known Member

Did anyone else notice they used motion in first half and none in second.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Ha!!!! I had the 1st jacket.

SixDemonBag likes this.
  15. SixDemonBag

SixDemonBag Member

Same! I thought that shit was fire!

I actually think it still looks pretty boss.

KWJetsFan likes this.
  16. tank7501

tank7501 Member

It’s a consistent issue with the jets offense. They don’t run nearly enough presnap motions which is just more evidence of how much of a genius Gase is. His plays must just be so good he never needs to send a halfback out to see if there is a blitz or if the safety is in man or zone or any of the other things presnap motion can tell you about the defensive play.

Truly genius.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trainer and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. Trainer

Trainer Well-Known Member

We complain about Sam's inability to read a defense while the tools, schemes, and systems that other QBs use to do so are not available to him. Because... Genius.

ColoradoContrails likes this.