TANKATHON - Jets & Jaguars Tank Bowl (What to Root for)

Discussion in 'NCAA' started by Brook!, Sep 27, 2020.

1. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

The pats look pretty bad as well... we may accidentally beat them. They can’t seem to score.

barfolomew likes this.
  2. KY Jets Fan

KY Jets Fan Moderator

Interesting that you don’t think we can beat LAC, MIA, or LV but think SEA is winnable but I don’t totally disagree with you on your original premise.

I don’t think the Jets will beat any or all of those teams, just that those games are winnable in my mind.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  3. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

And vice versa. The over/under on his picks is probably around three.

4. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

You have to be carful here. Jets are a team that is getting healthy, and getting better as the season grinds on.

The loss of TC really hurt teams like the Jets far more than an established team like the Steelers. But as regular season goes on, even a team like the Jets will have time to jell in ways they couldn't in the early part of the season. Our oline had zero snaps going into the season, but now have 6-7-8 games together. This should help the Jets.

As we're getting healthy, other teams are getting injured. Dallas losing Dak, Browns losing OBJ, Giants losing Barkley, etc.

JetsKickAss and apjbfc like this.
  5. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

I think what’s lost in this too is that many number one picks bust and number 12 picks become hall of famers. It’s all kind of a crapshoot.

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

Getting better as the season goes on? Dude. I love you as a Jets poster but COME ON MAN! Getting better as the season goes on? Yoooo. We just put up a stinking 4 second half yards. 4?!?!? 4 yards?!?!? We are getting WORSE!

94Abraham and grkmanga31 like this.
  7. It’s an art form & an inexact science. Teams that think its a crapshoot like the Jets show it by their drafting every single yr

Wut? and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

No pick is 100% franchise savior--lets take Luck as an example.

Everyone says about Lawrence, "He's the best since Luck". Well that could very well be true, but dig deeper. Luck was often injured, never won a SB and is now out of the league. There is a lot more at play than a talented prospect/player. Crap happens and changes everything.

With that said, I am rooting hard for us to lose out and draft Lawrence, because all we have to go off of is potential at this point. Lawrence is the best chance in this draft to get a transcendent player at the most important position.

Winning against the Pats this year would actually be heartbreaking.

9. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

To be fair Luck was as good as advertised but the Colts did him a massive disservice by not putting any talent around him. He was playing behind an awful offensive line most of his career and had very little talent at RB/WR. Luck still produced big numbers despite the lack of help. That's what a true franchise QB does, covers up the lack of talent around them.

#269 REVISion, Oct 27, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2020
  10. DefenseWinsChampionships

All I know is Trevor Lawrence won over 40 consecutive games in High School while breaking records, is like 35-1 @ Clemson while breaking records and as a Jet fan I'll roll my dice and gamble with Trevor #1 overall pick. Kid is on the verge of leading his team to 3 consecutive championship games!

I want him a Jet more than words can describe because Sam was NEVER this polished and this GREAT @ USC; EVER!

Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. RochesterJet

RochesterJet Well-Known Member

This is absolutely what will happen; life as a Jets fan.

I mean we haven't beaten them since 2015 and that game was an OT thriller. This year we will have incentive to lose and will win.

Fuck I hate this team!

12. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Take your Trevor blinders off. Jets played their best half last week, leading 12-6 at the half. While the offense imploded in the 2nd half, the Defense kept the bills outta the EZ the entire game. Also, if Crowder was on the field, the Bills couldn't have stacked the box in the 2nd half daring Sam to beat them with short passes. He would have.

13. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Funny all these teams suck! To be fair, Cleveland had winning record, but have yet to
    Pay all those high draft picks. Some of which already busted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#273 Sack exchange, Oct 27, 2020
  14. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Any team can beat another team any given Sunday, trying to predict is useless. Hell we should have beaten Buffalo, they played like garbage. All games are winnable. So, that said it is unlikely jets go 0-16, I read we have 56% chance to get # 1 pick. That not great but could well happen. But not greatest odds. But not bad at all. Flip of the coin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#274 Sack exchange, Oct 27, 2020
  15. barfolomew

barfolomew Well-Known Member

16. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

We need Trevor. Don't get it twisted, this is our best chance at even attempting to turn this train wreck around.

REVISion likes this.
  17. SoylentGreen

SoylentGreen Well-Known Member

As good as Lawrence has been, he actually played crappy vs LSU in the 2020 championship game and they lost...

If he wins this year with Clemson, then it will be 2 NCAA championships in 3 years...

I want to see what he does once he plays a real defense again like LSU...

18. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Tom Brady's also had a few stinker playoff games in his career. It happens even to the best. How about the year before as a true frosh when Lawrence torched a great defense and #1 ranked Bama in the national title game? His entire body of work is beyond impressive. He's also a great teammate and leader. Just the type of guy you want to build around.

NCJetsfan and REVISion like this.
  19. DefenseWinsChampionships

Dude. He's in his 3rd season with a freaking record of 35-1!

And if commiting 0 turnovers against LSU is considered "stinking" well then sign me up because as of right now my QB is a stinking turnover machine.

You want to see him against a great defense? Well then actually watch his Clemson games!

How many times did Darnold play against great defenses like LSU and Alabama? lol people like myself made such a big deal about a Freshman in Sam playing great against PENN STATE during a ROSE BOWL well guess what?

During the National Championship Game? As a Freshman? Against ALABAMA? Trevor put up 20/32 for 347 passing yards and 3 TDs/0 INTs and just the game prior against an awesome Notre Dame Defense during a playoff Cotton Bowl put up 27/39 for 327 passing yards and another 3 TDs/0 INTs.

Also this year against a fully loaded Miami Hurricane Defense who's now ranked 12th in the Nation gave Miami their only loss while going 29/41, 292 passing yards and another 3 TDs/0 INTs (plus a rushing TD).

And as a longtime FSU fan I've never once seen a kid within the ACC absolutely dominate our Conference like Trevor has for Clemson. He's going to go down as the greatest ACC QB of All Time passing the likes of DAN MARINO along the way.

35-1. Enough said man and win or lose he'll have 3 National Championship Game experiences during his only 3 season's he's THAT good.

You can compare his statistical production against any all time great NCAA QB that turned Great NFL Franchise QB and Trevor Lawrence has out performed them all. That includes Peyton Manning too!

Vs an ALABAMA DEFENSE! AS A FRESHMAN! DURING THE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!!!

NCJetsfan likes this.
  20. DefenseWinsChampionships

Trevor Lawrence has ALREADY pretty much put up better numbers in 2.5 seasons than Peyton Manning put up during his 4 year career @ Tennessee?!?!? WOW!

Peyton Manning: 4 seasons (45 games).

Record 39-6.

863/1,381 (62.5%).

11,201 passing yards (8.1 YPA).

89 TDs/33 INTs (2.69 TD-to-INT Ratio).

153 rush attempts for -181 yards & 12 TDs.

11,020 total offensive yards.
    101 total offensive TDs.

QB Rating: 147.1.

Trevor Lawrence: 2.5 seasons (36 games).
    Record: 35-1.

662/995 (66.5%).

8,778 passing yards (8.8 YPA).

83 TD's/14 INTs (5.9 TD-to-INT Ratio).

192 rush attempts for 811 yards & 14 TDs.

9,589 total offensive yards.
    97 total offensive TDs.

QB Rating: 165.4.

By seasons end, Trevor Lawrence is going to literally shatter Manning's 4 year career and after only 3 years too!

No longer can people claim "Trevor Lawrence is the best prospect "SINCE" Peyton Manning" because Trevor Lawrence (believe it or not) is an even BETTER QB prospect than Manning!

and to me, that's crazy and great enough for me to continue rooting for us to win the Tankathon because then we'll automatically win the 2021 draft!

I was 12 years old and in the 7th grade when Manning played his final season @ Tennessee and I still to this day remember playing with him on the PlayStation 1 on NCAA Football game. I'm now 35 and 23 years later I can say that QBs like Trevor do not come along all that often and if drafted as a Jet I'll go out and buy a PS5 just to play with him on Madden like I once did Manning @ Tennessee lol plz God give us Trevor Lawrence because as a fan of FSU within our ACC Conference I've never seen anything like this kid he's an ANIMAL of a Quarterback.

#280 DefenseWinsChampionships, Oct 27, 2020
    NCJetsfan and JetsKickAss like this.