Sam just isnt good... (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Mar 4, 2020.

1. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

If we used 4 game samples, Matt Flynn and Gardner Minshew would be hall of famers

REVISion likes this.
  2. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

There's no excuses for his poor play. He just doesn't have what it takes to be successful in the NFL on a consistent basis.

I just read his response to his interception and it's the same answer he continues to provide "it will never happen again. It was a horrible decision".

Rinse and repeat.

Same shit, different week.

matt robinson 17, SOJAZ and REVISion like this.
  3. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

Yep. It truly boggles my mind when people cite tiny stretches where Sam looked decent. You are judged on the totality of your work.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  4. REVISion

Sam just isn't able to process the game quickly enough to avoid the terrible decisions he makes leading to turnovers. There is nothing any coach can do to stop that. The closest thing they can do is to draw up uber conservative gameplans to try to limit the mistakes, which is what Gase has done.

It's very telling that Sam commits so many turnovers while also playing in an offense that almost never stretches the field. He would turn it over even more often if we had an aggressive offensive philosophy.

5. stanblinkasarm

stanblinkasarm New Member

My point was simply is that Sam now looks worse than he did as a rookie,that's all,and being that it happened toward the end of the season gave you some optimism. Two of those "beat up"teams were the Packers andTexans,and JJ Watt and Aaron Rodgers did pay Sam some compliments. But yes,I agree with all of you,he's been exposed for his weaknesses,and the Jets need to move on.

SOJAZ likes this.
  6. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

here is the issue with blaming it all on Sam and yes it is partly his fault, but the front office and the coach have failed this kid. Seriously this coach was brought in for one reason and one reason only he failed that and drove off some very good players.
    The thing I point to is that we have had different qbs in this offense and they all have failed in looking at that way the issue is more then Sam it is coaching and the front office. Hopefully the front office gets it act together but if you say there is no hope for Sam then the Coach goes with him

7. zace

zace Well-Known Member

The problem with this franchise seems to be we dont recognize people with actual talent, only what they can be....in the right circumstances, teammates, coaches, and whatnot. Why not get a qb who can actually play with room for improvement?

This team hasnt tried that.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

8. REVISion

Sam's problems in the NFL have been the exact same things he did in college. Bad decisions leading to turnovers.

NFL coaches aren't miracle workers. You can't coach interceptions out of everyone or even most QB's. Gase sucks but there's nothing he can do about Sam panicking and throwing into triple coverage.

matt robinson 17 and NCJetsfan like this.
  9. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

its not even the turnovers. Its far worse. Whenever you get to see the all 22 you see Sam makes the wrong decisions and doesnt throw to wide open receivers all teh time. Its insane. He cannot see teh field and he cannot process what is happening. Hes just bad at playing the position at this level

10. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Sam looks beaten. He needs a change. After yesterdays performance enough is enough. Listen this whole team sucks and the new and improved line stinks....except for the man child, we need good "smart" players.

ColoradoContrails and NCJetsfan like this.
  11. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

We had that QB...recently... and his name was Teddy Bridgewater. :(

Ralebird, Ray Lucas, Jets81 and 4 others like this.
  12. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Yes!!!!!!!!!! This times 10. The game is just too fast for him at this point. He has so many factors against him that many just arent recognizing

Hes one of the youngest players in the league....in his 3rd year!!!!!!

Hes only been playing the position for like what 7-10 years or so? So his mechanics are awful.

I mean these things matter, any draft guru worth their salt should have really investigated this. There was a reason Cleveland passed on him, there is a reason indy was willing to trade and not draft him.

Hindsight is 20/20 obviously but i wasnt a huge fan to begin with. I got on the train for a bit and im way back off.

Brook! and matt robinson 17 like this.
  13. zace

zace Well-Known Member

I hated that move too. I dont think anyone on this board was a fan of it honestly

Brook! likes this.
  14. rammagen

rammagen Well-Known Member

yes
    Yes but admit the coach stinks as well it doesn't hurt saying that the coach who can not coach an offense out of the bottom 5 of league is part of the issue. Or the front office that has not put talent around him.

Facts without a qb named manning in Denver the highest Gase offense has ranked is 15 after that the bottom of league bottom 5 that is not all the players.

Is Sam part of the issue most definitely, but the coach has been a complete failure as well he was hired to help develop Sam and if Sam has failed so has the coach and he has contributed to Sam's issues. The coach that has more double digit loses then wins as the Jets headcoach. The front office has failed to put anyone on the offense to help the qb you know actually play.

Hey draft a new qb fine but do not let Gase who has failed with Tannehill and now Sam anywhere near the next qb.

15. jonnyd

well to be fair THAT reason was named Andrew Luck

apjbfc, FJF and REVISion like this.
  16. zace

zace Well-Known Member

True but they had no idea what they were getting with him due to the injury history. That would have been a great situation to ease him in.

17. jonnyd

ha nah dude, they drafted the linean to protect him finally. They nor anyone had ANY idea he would retire. They had a franchise QB for another 8 years they figured

18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

He did play that full year, but i mean more skill wise. The injuries he had were hard and brutal. He could have easily not returned to for.

19. REVISion

I already admitted Gase stinks. I said it right in the message you quoted. They both need to go. I'm just tired of seeing people excuse Sam's terrible play because "GASE BAD".

20. DefenseWinsChampionships

Tanny's 2 years with Gase in Miami? QB Ratings of 92 & 93! Sam Darnold as a 3rd year QB? 32nd. Dead last. 65.0!

Sam Darnold is the true loser here folks.

Trevor Lawrence was in middle school with a paid professional QB trainer. Sam Darnold was a freaking LB @ that age. All I can do is laugh.

Sam Darnold can not read defense's. He was a turnover machine in college and is now an absolute bust of an NFL turnover machine.

Sam as a 3rd year QB is worse than Mark Sanchez as a rookie QB Rating wise.

REVISion likes this.