Sam just isnt good... (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by championjets69, Mar 4, 2020.

1. zace

zace Well-Known Member

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  2. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

You must be near death levels of drunk to think this.

3. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Sam got screwed over. I truly believe he Is capable of being a FWB. I really do.

He deserved better.

Most importantly, we deserve better as fans.

I've been pounding the table as soon as we hired Gase, that this man will most likely ruin our potential FQB.

It looks like that has come to fruition.

..and the sad part is that It doesn't even matter how obvious that truth Is. For we are still stuck with an owner who likely has good intent but has dog shit between the ears when It comes to what It takes to be a winning program in the NFL.

I have no more hope. Leave It to the Jets to ruin such a talented kid before he ever got started.

Fuck.

hobgoblin, NYJetsO12, Cman68 and 2 others like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yes, I'm ready to move on from Darnold...IF...they get someone better. He's regressed and may never be able to be salvaged. It's a crime what the Jets have done to him. He could have been an above average QB, good enough to win a SB with the right cast. Maybe if he gets away from this QB cemetery he can be resurrected, I hope so for his sake.

But while he made his share of mistakes today, these stats are very telling: Out of 23 pass attempts, 6 sacks; 10 Hits; 7 Pressures. How the hell can anyone play under those conditions? Yes, he does contribute to these because he holds onto the ball too long, but still, this is atrocious! And the play calling makes it worse. They might as well put "Pass Play!" on the big screen to let the other team know what's coming - not that they need any help as obvious as the calls are.

I know this: you put Lawrence on this team, with Gase as the HC, you can chalk up another broken QB.

MoWilkBeast, IDFjet, Brook! and 4 others like this.
  5. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Couldn't agree more... That was it for me today. The only thing consistent about him is his inconsistency. I have had enough... Memo to Sam, maybe you should find another QB coach in the off season cause, Palmer is not doing you any good.

jco2007 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

With this OL, Morgan will look like Petty...

7. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

Yup, be careful what you wish for!

Cman68 likes this.
  8. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Trevor Lawrence will look like Ryan Leaf on this team. But worse.

Sack exchange, barfolomew and Cman68 like this.
  9. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

We’re probably getting TLaw regardless, but Darnold can’t make things happen when he’s getting pressure up the gut, on designed rollouts, and unblocked blitzers from the corner.

Gase & co.. have any idea how to coach this offense to play 4 quarters of NFL-caliber football. It all starts there.

You can blame anyone else, even Darnold. He knows he has an internal clock...or he’s getting sacked. He can’t watch a play develop. he doesn’t even have time to get to his 3rd or 4th read. Come on. Burrow O line is not worse, he actually holds on the ball longer, which is why he gets way more hits and sacks, like most rookie QBs.

My only knock on Darnold is he needs to call out the coaching staff. and it looks he’s starting to grow some balls, talking about in the post game presser “we gotta make adjustments to their adjustments...” clear indictment...

barfolomew likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Sam holds on to the ball for an eternity too dude. And he's in his third year. Burrow almost 4xed his passing yards today. His coach is something like 1-13 in one score games and he's nearly willing his shitty team to all of these victories. We had four yards in the second half with Sam under center.

How is Burrow's line not awful? He's been sacked 28 times this year and has been under fire from snap to play finish. He was on pace to finish in the top 5 of the most sacked QB ever. That's not a guy that simply holds on to the ball for too long.

Regardless - who looks better? 3rd year Darnold or rookie Burrow?

IDFjet, Brook!, hobgoblin and 2 others like this.
  11. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Look at Jamie’s Winston. It’s ok when the experiment is over. Our mistake was trading all this picks for him.

12. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Becton and Crowder would 100% start on a playoff team. Fant could find a starting job based off his play so far this year and Mims would probably carve himself out a nice role on a playoff team.

Besides those guys, yikes.

barfolomew likes this.
  13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

It's time for Jets fans to wake up.

Sam just isn't very good. He holds the ball too long, has happy feet, and still struggles seeing the field.

IDFjet, jco2007, zace and 1 other person like this.
  14. stanblinkasarm

stanblinkasarm New Member

The situation around Sam is terrible,but the truly great ones overcome it. Heck,Elway took some pretty bad Broncos offenses to the playoffs,even SBs. I think Sam could be a late developer,since he hasn't played the position that long and has some unteachable improvisational skills,but at this point I think he probably struggles with basics like pass protections and reading defenses. He could become good,but it will cost the Jets too much to find out. Time to move on.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. IIMeanDeanII

I think Darnold Is ruined.

.but

I've seen you using these arguments constantly lately. It doesn't make sense though.

Who gives a shit who's OL is worse? They are both fucking bad. FFS.

Burrow actually has pieces to work with that resemble an actual offense.

Darnold has Frank Gore. I mean... Come on.

I'm not even trying to debate either, that comparison and argument just doesn't make sense to me. Again. Who cares?

Just call it what It Is. Most of us are there at this point.

Darnold looks bad. He's been ruined and the wrong coach clearly was put into a crucial position for Darnold. That shouldn't have been.

Darnold looks hopeless.

We don't need weird counter points to call a spade a spade at this point.

Ralebird likes this.
  16. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Wow, that's really bad. My observation was that initially Bills played cover defense and Sam had all day to throw with rare exceptions. Later on Bills made an adjustment and blitzed a lot more, forcing Sam to get rid of the ball quickly with opportunities to make some big plays, and he simply couldn't do it. First interception was absolutely terrible. Honestly, I don't think we can blame the line here. And Mims and Perriman were back as well, though Crowder was missing. And the above numbers just don't lie. Sam just simply doesn't look at this point as FQB, I am afraid to say, whether he was ruined, or just didn't develop. Not sure what the future holds, but as of right now it appears we will need to use our first rounder on a QB if the pick is high enough to get someone like Lawrence or Fields.

IDFjet and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Who cares? Because every other quarterback in this league finds a way to move the ball. This quarterback doesn't. The only thing we can use as a barometer are the other teams we see.

Don't like it? You don't have to respond. You've been defending him endlessly. He sucks and so does the entire offense. But he doesn't get absolved because the other pieces aren't that good either. And I was responding to someone who brought up Burrow.

Jeff Driskel mounted a 4th quarter comeback against the Steelers earlier in the year and lost by a score. The rules are built to move the ball. Sam doesn't move the ball.

IDFjet and jco2007 like this.
  18. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

That pass to Berrios for 1st down in first half was a thing of beauty, that takes a lot of skill level. I think Darnold lacks consistency, and tries to do too much! And this Gase situation he is always doing that, and makes lots of mistakes, esp when no one open. But he is talented.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. IIMeanDeanII

Neither did Joe Flacco. He's done some shit In this league.

The talent and play calling is absolutely relevant when It comes to moving the ball.

My problem with your argument Is your trying to point the finger at Sam as If he's the sole reason why this offense can't move the ball.

That's just not sound logic.

There's a difference between someone being ruined and someone that doesn't have enough talent to cut it.

It seems that's your stance and I would contend you either have a short term memory or you're just bitter and want to continue to point your finger at the wrong people.

Either way. It's irrelevant.

20. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Just remember at least half of the posters at the time were calling Chad Pennington Trash, only for him to win the Division with Miami the year we let him go.

Aside from guys you count on one hand, just about every other QB makes boneheaded decisions every week. You can interchange the starting QBs on the vast majority of teams and it would not significantly change the teams record one way or another.

ColoradoContrails likes this.