New play caller same results?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by fansince90, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Imagesrdecieving

Imagesrdecieving Well-Known Member

What are you basing this on? Do you have a subscription that gets you a better view? I only question it because Flacco who is a veteran QB didn't seem to do any better of a job seeing the field.

I'm not willing to die on the Darnold hill - but I'm also not going to crucify him sans evidence.

Because right now the most compelling evidence is the Jets record when he plays vs when he doesn't. The record doesn't mean that he's competent but it least implies that he's not the (only) problem.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

TBH, if Crowder had been on the field we probably win that game today. Crowder has like 4 100 yard games in a row regardless who's throwing the ball. He was sorely missed today, especially on 3rd downs.

3. zace

zace Well-Known Member

If thats all you're looking at, thats the problem. If you look qt the player and see him qnd follow his progression and reads, you will see a struggling player. Hes just not that good and hes a reason the record isnt so good.

To be honest i dont think any of these top qbs from that draft are doing that good. Allen has all the talent in the world around him against one of the worst teams in the league and he struggled.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

fansince90 likes this.
  4. Imagesrdecieving

That's not all I'm looking at. But unfortunately the most important thing to view imo is the receivers downfield.

Being I can't see that I have to infer. I was glad Flacco got a chance to start because that really helped to outline that it's not as bad at the QB position as it looks.

azhar80 likes this.
  5. hornblower

hornblower Well-Known Member

Watching the Pats. They are not very good. Players win not coaches. Get better people in green and they will be fine.

fansince90 likes this.
  6. zace

zace Well-Known Member

That doesnt make any sense. Doesn't matter if he cant get the ball to them.

Im not saying we have superstars....to be honest they arent necessary, but Sam is a part of this bad mess. He really wasnt that amazing in college, they drooled over potential, which hes going to take year to reach. It just doesnt appear hes going to get there anytime soon

7. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

Absolutely no adjustments at 1/2 time and none in the second half. The PC looked a lot like AG calling plays again became very predicable as always. I mean how many times are you going to see the same blitz package and not adjust.... ans. ask the Jets HC, OC, OL and QB...because they don't. Talk about a shitty team top to bottom... what a mess.

8. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

Serious question, did you actually watch the game or just see it on Gamecast? If you saw it live on TV, I can’t see how you or anyone for that matter are blaming the Oline so much. There is only so much they can do when they are constantly 6 or 7 man blitzes. I mean, you can’t expect a Olineman to block 2 guys at the same time and a lot of the blitzes, they had 1 extra blitzer that couldn’t be accounted for. In those cases, it’s on Sam to call an audible or the staff to call more plays that’s more of a max protect. No one adjusted the entire second half on either side and Sam just let the blitz eat him alive all second half.

REVISion and matt robinson 17 like this.
  9. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Tannyhill was the same way in Miami ,always taking sacks. Mentally could not make the right choose. Look at him now. If I were a gm i would offer up a 5th rd pick and chance I could save sam

SOJAZ likes this.
  10. zace

zace Well-Known Member

That's so coincidentally, he had shown his ability prior to that. The biggest issue Tanny had was his Injuries. Hes still not that great so everyone needs to get wayyyyyy back off that.

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I did watch the game and you're right, but even when they didn't blitz the OL allowed a lot pf pressure.

EDIT: And I also agree that the play calling didn't alleviate it at all, nor were there any adjustments made - SURPRISE SURPRISE!

BomberJet likes this.
  12. 94Abraham

There is never any adjustments. Ever. Gase uses the same gameplan from start to finish. No matter how ineffective it is. Can any of you think of the last time Gase made a halftime adjustment?

#52 94Abraham, Oct 25, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  13. RonPi

RonPi Well-Known Member

I'm not sure it's possible to put the blame on any particular player like Darnold. He could be a big problem, but wasn't this offensive line supposed to vastly improved based on what JD brought to the team? Are those players not so good or is it the coaching staff that has no clue? The defense
    seems to be good enough, and would probably be plenty good enough if they weren't on the field so much. But why would a coach who is touted as a "qb guru" and "offensive genius" cede offensive play calling duties? That in itself is one of the weirdest things I've ever seen in the NFL. So whether
    the players are good or not, looks like we are waiting at least another year for a competent coaching staff.

Ron

14. ColoradoContrails

The next time will be the first time.

15. ColoradoContrails

And BTW: I don't believe for a second that it was Gase's decision to give up play calling. "I just felt like it was the time...". Right!

SOJAZ and Imagesrdecieving like this.
  16. Imagesrdecieving

Don't remember seeing Gase talking to anyone again...

Not even his own coaches. Wtf?!?!

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. Bills over Jets

Bills over Jets Jets over Bills

30 of 43
    70% completion
    311 yards passing
    2 td throws, one that was called back on a bs call that did not impact the play, and another where his receiver caught the pass and fell down Daniel Jones style.
    7.1 average completion
    90 qb rating
    61 rushing yards

You are a crazy person

18. zace

zace Well-Known Member

Pff says a completely different story. If hes so good, why has he struggled lately against middling talent?

Seriously he couldnt even punch it in against the jets.

19. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

You think Gase doesn't have any plays designed for blitzes? I'm so tired of all the excuses for Sam.

Gase is not a good coach but people act like he's never seen a football game before. He certainly has plays designed to punish blitzes. Sam doesn't get it done.

20. 94Abraham

2 dropped INTs, 1 fumble. He did a good job between the 20s but couldn’t get anything down field. I wouldn’t be bragging about those numbers when they couldn’t even score 20 points against the worst team in football.