What/Who did you like in Bills game?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Oct 25, 2020.

1. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

I have been alienated by Jets ownership, coach Gase and sloppy Darnold but due to Becton and Mims coming back from injuries I decided to watch the Bills game uninterrupted. Here are my observations and likes in the game.

• First off, I am glad we lost. God knows last thing we need is a win to take us out of the lead for the #1 pick in next years draft.
    • Becton looked dominant again. We have found our LT for next 10 years folks.
    • Mims gave hope. He didn't put up huge numbers but he showed he belonged. There is hope for future for Mims. Looking forward to rest of the season to see what he can do.
    • Perrine also did a good job. I didn't understand for the life of me why we still gave Gore that many carries but regardless. Perrine also gave me hope.
    • Q. Williams. I hated the pick and wanted Josh Allen to be honest. But he was pretty good today. Considering his age, I say he is coming along nicely.
    • Mann is still the man.
    • Overall, I was happy to see Joe D's draft picks making contributions. 4 of them showed promise for tje future making me think what he will do in the upcoming draft.

What did you guys see that you liked?

Centiment, Jets81, BudJet and 3 others like this.
  2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

The end. Loved when it was over.

3. JetsUK

JetsUK Well-Known Member

same - that was the best bit for me - been like that every week, really look forward to those closing credits - i mean like a lot of farces the show is kind of predictable you know how its going to end but there is some entertainment to be had seeing quite what the disasters are going to be

4. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

In all honesty, your list just about sums up any positive from this game. The Bills sticking White on Mims says something. He was getting separation at will in the first half. Perine still doesn’t have that “wow” factor but that’s also ok. He looked good. Big picture, he’s a complementary piece and could be a very good one. Becton looks dominant and it took 5 games for him to make rookie mistakes.

Brook! likes this.
  5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I liked our effort to preserve the tank.

Jets69 likes this.
  6. twown

twown Well-Known Member

I'm a little disappointed the Bills kicker didn't get a 9th FG attempt at the end. Would have tied an NFL record.

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I liked how the D kept the Bills out of the end zone.

8. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Q Williams was really the only one who stood out to me.
    The one play where he stopped the running back in his tracks with an arm tackle shows how incredibly strong he is. Get a bonafide pass rusher on the outside and he is going to be a disruptive force in the interior.

I am not going to get overly excited about Mims but he did look like a NFL receiver which for the Jets is exciting in itself.

9. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

I think you said it all that there was to like.

10. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

-Denzel Mims looked good. Loved his size and speed coming out of the draft and he showed a preview of it today. If he can stay healthy, he will be the best WR the Jets have had since Brandon Marshall in 2015.
    -I like the semi-fast start finally from the team. Nice first drive, then eventually taking a 10-0 lead. Of course, it was all downhill after that.
    -Nice having Becton and Darnold back.

Overall, a fun first half and a brutal second half. I guess that is better than the usual brutal first half and brutal second half we usually get.

Brook!, Centiment and Jets79 like this.
  11. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Perine reminds me of Shonn Greene for some reason.

Mims looked good. He was fluid and he runs like a gazelle out there. Big hands and he looks huge out there. Mind you this his first action and legit his 2nd full week of practice and he was inserted right into the game plan.

Jets81 likes this.
  12. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I liked Mims game today , a nice first game but what I like even more was that he didn't blow out those hammies. Would have liked to see what he can do for 4 quarters. 4 catches 42 yards was in the first half before the offense went belly up in the second half.

13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Mims looked good, but not as good as Anderson.

Perine looked okay but not as good as Bell.

14. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

That play reminded me, just a little bit, of the famous play by Joe Klecko, when he threw a Dolphin player to the ground with one arm, and sort of finished with a flourish, like he was saying 'Ole!'

15. ukjetsfan

ukjetsfan Well-Known Member

I liked Mims. He looked like a potentially good receiver. I didn't watch the second half closely enough to know why he disappeared - was it because the Bills put White on him, as @BroadwaySam commented?

I thought Perrine showed promise, enough to make me shout at the TV (in the first half) every time Gore was given a carry. What does feeding Frank Gore teach us about anything? How does it help us for next year or the year after? Baffling. The move Perrine made for his touchdown was class.

Williams flashed a couple of times, but never looked like he was going to wreck the opposition.

Becton looked very good again.

And Sam showed some good stuff in the first half and then just shrivelled up after that first interception, which was horrendous. Is he one of those guys who just nosedives after a mistake? He needs to do a lot more to even be in the conversation as our QB going forward.

16. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster