Trade Sam to Dallas. Now.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by WoodyHarrelson, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Not trying to be a dream killer here but, what happens if we trade Darnold to Dallas and Lawrence decides to stay in school another year OR force a trade? Two words..." We're Fucked!"

2. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I thought it pretty obvious but then the person who highlighted it then left out the 'well' and changed the context exactly like he desired.

Very disingenuous tbh.

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If Darnold is a "turnover machine" what does that make Brett Favre? Darnold's career Interception Pct. is 3.2%, Favre had a 3.3% ratio. And Favre played on MUCH better teams with MUCH better coaching. Your hysteria over your dream of the Jets landing a "can't miss, sure thing; guaranteed HOF" QB in Lawrence is coloring your ability to fairly assess Darnold.

azhar80 likes this.
  4. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I don't think it is realistic to trade Darnold prior to obtaining the number one pick unless someone gives us a ridiculous offer which would be really hard to get with him being injured. But to answer your question the answer might be to sign Dak Prescott. Why would Prescott sign with us? Maybe a better coaching staff plus being loaded with high picks and salary cap room might do it. But signing with the Jets has the potential to quickly ruin his career.

Cman68 likes this.
  5. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I think he’s going to Pitt as well.

6. DefenseWinsChampionships

He is a turnover machine.

In only 30 games he's tossed 32 interceptions and has fumbled the football a whopping 16 times. He played like this in college @ USC too. He was a turnover machine who tossed ints and couldn't stop fumbling the football.

And please don't ever compare Sam to a younger Favre. After Favre's 3rd season starting he had 70 TDs thrown with a 26-19 winning record (all 3 winning above .500 seasons) with a QB Rating of 90.7 during his 3rd season.

Sam? lol. 11-19 losing record during his 3rd season. Only 39 career TDs and during his 3rd year a horrible QB Rating of 70 dead last ranked 32nd amongst all QBs.

Yes. Favre was an int machine but he also tossed TDs and had a winning record and a great QB rating during his 3rd year.

To be in your 3rd year? 32nd dead last rated QB? Na. Sam has to go!

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  7. Cromartie's_kid

Cromartie's_kid Well-Known Member

how old was farve after his third year?

8. DefenseWinsChampionships

24-25.

But it doesn't matter because Favre was WAAAAYY BETTER during Favre's 1st season (2nd year) than Darnold is today during his THIRD YEAR!

I'm sorry. But you're not allowed to be a 3rd year starting NFL QB but yet ranked as the 32nd QB ala DEAD LAST in QB Rating 3 years later? Nope. Sam has to go.

He's more of a BUST than Mark Sanchez ever was.

Sam was an ESPN media driven HYPE MACHINE because of ONE ROSE BOWL GAME. And fans like me (and you) and especially Maccagnan fell for it.

matt robinson 17 and JetsKickAss like this.
  9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Did you ever stop to consider that if quoting stats proved anything, you'd win more people over to your POV?

K'OB likes this.
  10. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Maybe its time to trade Sam to Dallas with Daltons injury? Their season is imploding, but the division is weak.

James Hasty and matt robinson 17 like this.
  11. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

That is something he would never consider, this is what makes him a repetitive bore, types the same thing over and over, which is kinda ironic because it then makes me a repetitive bore writing out the same reply over and over again.

Man, 2020 sucks balls.

#131 K'OB, Oct 25, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
  12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Well, all the draft and pro experts at ESPN....AND NFLN....swear by him.

13. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

then you have Fields.

14. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

to be fair, a lot of people warned that Sam Darnold would be another USC bust in a long line of them.

15. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

Before he was drafted, I had heard that he had issues with reading defenses, pass accuracy, and he lacked confidence. All three have been absolutely true. The scouts and analysts never, ever, ever, EVER learn. Almost every year that there's a good USC QB going into the draft, they almost always rank them in the top 5 to 10. And every single one over the past 30 years, with the exception of Carson Palmer, has been a bust. I don't get it either; it would be one thing if these QBs were coming out looking like a Peyton Manning, can't-miss prospect. But they all came into the draft with serious question marks and concerns, but because they went to USC, their stock gets bumped up. And, every year, all the concerns end up being quite valid.

16. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

At the end of the day, you need to make plays. Even though Burrows team sucks, he still throws for 300 yards a game. Sam is so awkward in the pocket, just not there.

17. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Looks like Mark Sanchez to me

18. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Our biggest mistake was not drafting Sam but trading all those picks for him. That’s what sets you back.

19. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

They were all #2 picks....we got one from a trade so it wasn't a steep price to pay.

MM did a good job moving up 3 spots.

b.reyes16 likes this.
  20. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

I'm not apologizing for Sam's performance - that 1st interception was a perfect microcosm of what he has been so far. The 2nd INT, that was a good play by the Bills to tip it. But the OL? Worst performance you can imagine -they cold not do anything the 2nd half. Pass block, run block, even short yardage - 4th and 1 play was abysmal. They looked worse than last year. The Bills made adjustments sent blitzes all over and around. Perfect example of Gase being plain out coached. Four yards total offense in the 2nd half?

When you have a combination of poor OL play, poor coaching, poor play calling, this is the crux of the matter. Just going by what I saw from the game.

ColoradoContrails likes this.