Becton Vs. A. Thomas

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Oct 24, 2020.

1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

I watched the Giants game thursday night. One thing I was looking for was to make a comparison between Becton & Thomas. Well that didn't take long. Thomas is terrible & Becton is Great. Thomas is like a turnstile, while Becton is playing like a top 5-10 OT. Becton is a Beast!:)

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I didn’t think Becton would be good and that he was just a combine warrior. I knew he was already proving me wrong but when you watch guys like Thomas play, it puts into perspective how great of a first four games Becton had.

3. Thomas’ head is swimming right now as DCs are doing everything to cause confusion in his gap.And when hes not comfortable or confident,he looks uncoordinated,stiff & simply unnatural in space.He showed this same trait in colllege the few times he was really challenged.

Hes gonna get better as he becomes better acclimated.That said this shows that when adversity strikes this guy is not all that great of an athlete or a natural blocker.

We may see him move to guard when all is said & done.

JetsKickAss, blackssmagic and BudJet like this.
  4. DefenseWinsChampionships

Becton has truly made me excited that JD passed on both Jeudy and Lamb. I was begging for WR and I never thought in a million years a rookie LT would come in and immediately play as dominant as Becton has. Unreal. I remember Brick's first years of 2006 like yesterday. I think back and remember during his rookie season I believe it was Aaron Schobel (of Buffalo) who gave a kid D'Brickishaw FITS during his early beginnings. There were some Jet fans frustrated with Ferguson EARLY ON but man does Becton look super special early on

NYJetsO12, JetsKickAss, Noam and 6 others like this.
  5. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Fond memories! Remember Brick coming into the league looking more like Robbie Anderson than a offensive lineman! Dude struggled big time to put on weight. But Becton looks like the real deal. I also liked his attitude when JD called him draft night. "Lets go!!!! Lets go!!! Im ready!!!".

When Giants took Thomas I started getting excited. I LOVED Becton just b/c of his enormous size. Then just before we picked, I thought for sure Browns would take him. Nope! Willis. Thomas got benched Thursday night after almost getting Jones killed on a spin sack early in the game. I wonder how excited Douglas was when Mount Becton fell in our laps???

6. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

Mekhi (house of pancakes) Becton is the ONLY Untouchable player on this team!!in just 4 games he’s the team best player ...And so far the best tackle out of this draft and to think he was the fourth one pick...He keeps playing like this and he should be a pro bowl and possible all Pro

Royal Tee, chandler and NYJetsO12 like this.
  7. Borat

Borat Well-Known Member

Did Brick miss any games at all? I am thinking back and I actually cannot remember a single game he missed, not one over the years. Hope Becton can stay healthy like that as well.

94Abraham and Jets81 like this.
  8. BroadwayAaron

He not only never missed a game... he only missed one snap and it was on a trick play.

Loved your new movie.

9. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Never missed a game in his career, he was a durable warrior.

10. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Fuck.not only did he not miss games, he didn’t miss SNAPS. They took him out for that ridiculous lateral desperation play on the last play of the season that one time. That’s it. Fucking amazing.

HomeoftheJets and blackssmagic like this.
  11. DefenseWinsChampionships

Yes. Me too. Nah Brick never missed a game. I think only 1 but it wasn't injury related. I stand correct he only missed ONE SNAP?!?

not worried about the health of Becton. He looked amazing every single play he's lined up so far and getting a rest at 0-6 isn't a bad thing. He'll play tomorrow. He's ready. I read up on him and he said it feels like Christmas Eve waiting to take the field tomorrow.

I want to draft with either our 1st round Jamal pick or our soon to be super early 2nd round pick power back who's also freakishly athletic RB out of Alabama Najee Harris 6'2 230 lbs he reminds me so much of former Bama RB Derrick Henry same exact running style and behind Becton forget about it.

I really like Clemson's HB Travis Etienne too but when I think about Najee running downhill behind Becton wow that's a RB/LT duo that would demolish poor defenders.

12. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Becton was the 3rd OT taken, Thomas, Wills, Becton, Wirf. But that just shows JD prowess in drafting players. Wirf was the safer pick & was thought to be more pro ready, but JD went with his gut & picked Becton, who is out performing all other OT's taken in the draft. When I saw him handle Bosa before he got injured, made me feel we really have something in this kid & it's not all about his size that has been hyped, but the kid knows how to play & wants to get better & be the best. Lets hope Mims follows suit.

13. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

MB is not as durable as DF and has 0 wins with the NYJ's. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

14. BroadwayAaron

I would take either of those two guys in heartbeat in the second. I like Perine but I think Harris is a great combo of downhill and athletic. The two of them would be very complementary. This is also assuming we address the interior. Maybe Clark can take over for one of GVR or Lewis.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  15. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Becton has really impressed me. I have a friend who is very close to a former player on the Jets and he was saying during the draft he didn't think our staff could develop someone like Becton. He thought it was a risky pick.

I thought Andrew Thomas was a safer pick along with Wills--I thought Becton would need a red-shirt year and had a higher ceiling.

Not only does he have a higher ceiling, but he was ready to go off the bat. His hard work is showing and I am proud to call him a Jet. If he finishes out the year the way he started it, he deserves a pro bowl vote and some type of recognition.

It is tempting if we dont have #1 to go Penei Sewell and have the best pair of tackles in a long time.

16. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

I believe he handled Jerry Hughes also who is no slouch.

Jets79 and BudJet like this.
  17. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Perine has not impressed me at all! No explosion and looks slow! Saw a little shiftiness but not impressive. So would temper expectations, maybe a depth player.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  18. DefenseWinsChampionships

I absolutely loved him as a Gator in the SEC one of the most productive Gator backs of All Time.

He hasn't really had many carries/opportunities with Sam under Center and Becton @ LT along with Mims @ WR to stretch the defense etc so it's not a fair assessment to claim he hasn't impressed you when he's yet to be given an opportunity to actually impress.

Let's be honest he's had a whopping 22 rushing attempts thus far throughout his rookie season. I repeat. 22 carries (83 yards) so remarks like "maybe a depth player" is a little bit extreme imo

BudJet likes this.
  19. BroadwayAaron

And this is why I’m terrified for Mims’ first few games.

FJF likes this.
  20. DefenseWinsChampionships

Has any Rookie LT ever made 1st team All-Pro? Because with 10 games left I believe this animal has a chance @ it!