Official Coaching Search Thread

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Ray Lucas, Oct 22, 2020.

?

Our Next Head Coach

Poll closed Nov 5, 2020.
  1. Eric Bieniemy

11 vote(s)
    21.6%
  2. Arthur Smith

12 vote(s)
    23.5%
  3. Greg Roman

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  4. Jim Harbaugh

4 vote(s)
    7.8%
  5. Joe Brady

3 vote(s)
    5.9%
  6. Other (Please Explain)

7 vote(s)
    13.7%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I read a report from Albert Breer that Douglas wants Matt Campell..

2. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

Who is that??? I am old and my memory sucks

3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

blackssmagic likes this.
  4. blackssmagic

blackssmagic Well-Known Member

K'OB likes this.
  5. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

He was requested for an interview before we hired Gase in 2018. He denied the request

K'OB and blackssmagic like this.
  6. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Arthur Smith is the guy the Jets should hire. 100%

For that reason, they will promote Dowell Loggains to head coach and keep the entire staff except Gase.

7. K'OB

I guess that shows he is intelligent at least.

Ray Lucas and ColoradoContrails like this.
  8. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

I want, EB.

Andy Reid believes he will be an amazing HC. He would come from an offense that is universes away from anything we see currently with the Jets. It just seems like a no brainier.

Yet.

Another team will likely hire him instead. That team will become great and we will still fucking suck.

Insanity.

Story of my life.

K'OB and FJF like this.
  9. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I want Harbaugh. He’s got a winning mentality and knows the game inside out. As a former pro QB he knows the support Lawrence will need.

Lincoln Riley is my second choice as I feel he also will build around Lawrence and give him the weapons and gameplay he will need to develop and succeed.

Arthur Smith is my third choice. Tannehill is a poor mans version of Lawrence and Smith has made him into a star. Imagine what he could do with the real deal.

Jets_Grinch likes this.
  11. K'OB

There was a lot of talk by some people in here about Riley, some for and against.

His record of 39-8 speaks for itself but his 0-3 bowl record is a little worry.

Still pisses all over Gase and his Muttley sidekick.

12. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Greg Roman is nothing special I think. He's been around for years I remember him most for his time in SF Harbaugh's OC. His teams are usually strong running the ball but he's just lacking something. I can't put my finger on it.

Bienemy, he wouldn't bring Mahomes, Kelsey, Hill etc. with him here. He's learned under Reid that's a plus but I'm not as high on him as many others seems to be.

Smith, would he bring Henry with him? I'm not as high on him as others seem to be.

I think the Jets need to go back to the well and get a experienced HC. It didn't work with Gase but try again.

I dumped on him for years but lately he's been growing on me.

I would go with Josh McDaniels. I think the Patriots are the model for sustaining competitiveness in the modern era that's what the Jets need. They've figured it out.

If not him Jason Garret.

13. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

Arthur Smith may come cheap....his dad founded FedX and is probably worth $5 billion !! :D:D

14. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

That proves how smart he is.

NCJetsfan and HomeoftheJets like this.
  15. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I said Bieniemy earlier, but right now I'm leaning towards Arthur Smith or Greg Roman. I want a guy who is actually skilled at building a team and calling plays. Nothing against Bieniemy, but I think Smith and Roman's roles are much more active than Bieniemy, who, from what I understand, largely just backs up Reid.

legler82 and MJK like this.
  16. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

Totally agree.
    It might take a hard sell to get him here. Hopefully people still respect Douglas in league circles after this epic failure.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Bad loss for Harbaugh today versus a Michigan State team that lost to (a much improved) Rutgers last week. They were 20+ point favorites.

He only has a year left on his deal after this season I believe. Even though it hasn't happened yet there's also nearly zero chance they beat Ohio State.

18. ColoradoContrails

I don't think Harbaugh is the answer here. And frankly I doubt he'd want to come into a situation as bad as the Jets.

19. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Lot of great candidates, but I'm not assuming for a second we can land one of the best. Not unlike the Cowboys, IMO, the Jets are viewed as bottom of the barrel choices to go to because of the leadership.
    Once again much of the selection will depend on what the top candidates see in the NY Jets organization. Are they willing to learn from their mistakes and change?
    If we go about the process the same way it was done in the past, with Gase and others, applying restrictions to the CS selection, undermining the value with cheap offers, or proposing some convoluted org structure that hinders the relationship between the GM and the coach, well the best candidates are guaranteed to respectfully decline. The Johnson's brothers better do some major sole searching now before the process is entrusted to JD. Or our sorry past history is about to repeat itself.
    It might be wise to save money by not overpaying for a free agent that didn't even want to come here and not worth the investment, and invest heavily in the best option of all. A top HC in the making.

20. ColoradoContrails

Fortunately - or maddeningly, because the Johnsons haven't taken advantage of it - there is no salary cap on anything other than player salaries, so they can pay a king's ransom for the right guy. But if history is any indicator (and it is with this team) they'll cheap out. In any case, I doubt the most in-demand, and therefore most expensive, candidates will even consider coming here.

blackssmagic and LAJet like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.