Opinion: Adam Gase is not getting fired

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wut?, Oct 23, 2020.

1. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

With fans most likely coming back into stadiums by this time next year theres no possible way they can bring back Adam Gase...The fans will riot in the parking lot.Its a terrible buisness move and a horrific football decision to bring back Adam Gase..He hasnt been fired yet because The Johnsons dont fire Head Coaches mid season they never have.

NYJetsO12, Jets79 and Red Menace like this.
  2. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

3. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

There's too much smoke from NFL insiders to think there's no fire when it comes to Gase's job being in jeopardy. It's a matter of when, not if the trigger gets pulled.
    I'll take him. Built 2 programs and has HC experience. A Rhule like CEO type who isn't a guru on either side, but can manage all 3 facets.

SOJAZ, NYJFOREVER, K'OB and 2 others like this.
  4. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

We can only hope.

I suppose my concern, or perhaps conflict would be the better term, comes from of place of making these kinds of decisions regarding people’s employment. If I deprived an employee of the tools they needed to do a good job and then waited for them to fail so that I could fire them I’d lose sleep at night. I know this happens all the time in pretty much every industry and I’ve even watched happen with my own eyes, but I’ve never personally done it to someone.

By most accounts Gase isn’t the kind of guy you’d want to have a beer with and he’s done more than enough to be fired on his own merits at this point. Just fire him already. Keeping him around for a “tour of shame” or as “tank commander”, especially when in impacts the development of coaches and players who are on even 1 year deals is just a bad look.

But only in the moment, I guess.

When you look at the situation as a whole: trading or letting top talent walk, restrained spending, the one year deals, the fire sale, accumulating draft picks, and keeping a floundering head coach...it all adds up, and if it works out we’ll all look back and say that he’s the greatest Jets GM of all time.

5. hoobash

hoobash Well-Known Member

If for some crazy reason gase is the head coach of this team next year I am not even going to watch they completely loose the fan base if this happens

SOJAZ and alleycat9 like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Jets81 likes this.
  7. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

i have thought this a few times in the past few weeks. its so horrifying to think about that i quickly dismiss it.

I said in a thread a few weeks ago its gase or me after this season, i just dont see any point in watching the team if this guy is going to be in charge.

all that said its not like the johnson brothers havent fallen to the manipulation of a sociopath before. so why would they be smart enough to get away from this guy now.

ColoradoContrails and NYJFOREVER like this.
  8. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

if i had a team that performed this badly i would have fired myself.

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Lose or cut loose the fan base, which would work well though:p

10. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

He’s getting fired.. I think JD said to him that he’ll trade away starters and rest Sam a few games so to the football world he looks like he was stripped of all his players so he can land a job next year. There is no way they retain Gase

11. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

The other reason I don’t believe they will fire him mid season is the financial part of it, they are still paying Machack and Bowles, if they fire Gase this season, that’s three people not in the building they are on the hook for and it’s big money as well.

I’m sure Woody is not going to allow CJ to do it, maybe they will fire AG after the season is over, as they would only be on the hook for Gases salary for two years, or they could just buy him out.

alleycat9 likes this.
  12. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Maybe they should break the precedent! Gases incompetence is precedent breaking!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

alleycat9 likes this.
  13. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I completely agree with this and feel much the same way you do. The longer this guy remains our coach the more dangerous the outcome. People here are hanging on a thread of hope that he gives us the best chance to tank. To me, that is foolish gold hopes, neither he nor Sam have zero desire to support that notion. Want to tank the season, play the rookie QB and the rest of the rookies to see what we got. Gase will never ever do that. He is exactly the worst nightmare for a team in a full blown rebuilt.

14. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

Well 0-16 is still 10 games away....and it’s hard to lose every single game. I’m hoping for it at this point, but it’s hard to do. I’m hoping because with our strength of schedule, I think we would lose out to every other team if we end up with the same record. So until every other team has at least two wins, we need to keep losing.

still...IF we go 0-16 or 1-15, I’d love to assume Gase is gone. But I don’t put it past our fucking idiot owners to keep him even with that record. I couldn’t believe it when the Browns did it with Hue Jackson...and I wouldn’t put it past the Johnsons to do the same.

Mind you, I don’t think there’s a coach on this planet who would be winning with this shit roster, but I do think that better coaches wouldn’t have this team losing by double digits EVERY SINGLE WEEK by halftime. Every game has been over by halftime, and our season was over by week 2. It doesn’t get more pathetic than that....but our owners are THAT dumb...

we need Gase gone and the sooner the better...he has a shit roster but he’s done nothing but alienate players....he has to go...his track record is no different than what we see here...injury riddled teams and bottom five ranking offenses

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  15. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Whether Gase is here or not The Johnsons still have to pay him...So they might as well pay him to lose rather then stay at home.

16. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Yeah I believe deep down he's not going anywhere

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

He denied an interview request in 2018 before we hired Gase.

Would be interesting to see how much pull Douglas has

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

There is no way Adam Gase is surviving consecutive 30+ ranked seasons on offense.

It may be hard to see right now because there is a legitimate argument that talent is to blame for the really bad Jet offenses Gases has presided over but the fact remains that he can't direct them to more than a scattering of points and for a coach who has a reputation as an offensive maven that is just a killer.

His only chance to survive right now is to relinquish play-calling duties and then improbably have the Jets season improve on both sides of the ball.

Given that the Jets are obviously in the tank at this point that is unlikely to happen and Gase is likely to be allowed to continue to bury his nose in the play sheet while the team disintegrates around him.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  19. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Will Vegas have a Line on which Jet Owner, Woddy J or CJ that finally removes Gase?

20. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...really-dont-want-to-fire-hc-despite-struggles

“So the Jets' brass would prefer to finish the season with Gase and review the situation in the offseason.”

What’s there to review? This is exactly what I have been talking about, they actually still have faith in this guy as HC. If he wins few games, then there’s a chance he’s back. Delusional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalkp

#80 Sack exchange, Oct 24, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2020
    SOJAZ, ColoradoContrails and Jets79 like this.