Opinion: Adam Gase is not getting fired

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Wut?, Oct 23, 2020.

1. Sack exchange

Sack exchange Well-Known Member

Believe me, if we somehow win this week, Sam lights it up, the whole storyline changes. Then Gase gets traction to stay with CJ. I don’t buy they have already fired him, but giving him the year to finish out. It was injuries, blah blah blah. Oh it was just COVID... god forbid we beat the chiefs, then we lose top pick, and all of a sudden Gase is genius. Then we go back to being dreadful, and beat NE last game. We win 3 games and draft 3-5 and keep Gase. So we lose in that scenario on all levels. Gase needs to go at the bye week latest! This scenario is not inconceivable, if teams don’t come to play, any team can beat another any given day, that’s why only 2 0-16 teams, and 1 16-0 team.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Noam, SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  2. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

There is no possible way they can sell that to the fans, they will leave in droves.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

There is no way Gase is retained. He could be fired any week. The Jets are not getting rid of their good players either. Adams and Bell were both "Me" players and distractions. Douglas wants team players. McLendon wasn't making the playoffs with the Jets, so they gave him a chance in Tampa Bay before he retires. Anyone who may not be on the 2021 roster is available via trade when you are (0-6). This is common sense. Gase is not in on any of it and he is not complaining because this is it. He will NEVER be a Head Coach in the NFL again. He is soaking up every game he has left. I think he will have a hard time finding an offensive coordinator position too.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

There is no way ownership can be this blind to what's going on this season. Gase has shown nothing to deserve another year. Everything points to him as someone who rode a HOF QB's coattails to two HC jobs.

5. rickjet

rickjet Well-Known Member

I am worried that Crazy Eyes is fired on bye week, then we beat the Fins to lose Trevor!!!!

NYJetsO12 and barfolomew like this.
  6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Poole is a bit of a shock though. He is a pretty solid slot player.

7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Team 'turning on him'? It's been the exact opposite. Van Roten JUST gave an interview PRAISING Gase for NOT doing the same things over and over and expecting different results. Van says Gase is trying EVERYTHING he possibly can, mixing EVERYTHING up trying to find a spark and the right set/group of players. Van put the blame squarely on the players for missing assignments, dropping balls, stupid penalties, and losing games.

Gase is bad enough. No need to make shit up.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  8. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

I'm sorry about your illness and I hope the doctors can get you up and out of the cell asap.

#28 K'OB, Oct 23, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2020
    Footballgod214 and The_Darksider like this.
  9. Sack exchange

This is why I think Gase was in JDs ear to sign him....

NYJetsO12 and Footballgod214 like this.
  10. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

This is exactly where I was at the beginning of this season but I have to say I personally have lost confidence in and am now pretty much starting to turn on Gase.

I'm not seeing any magic out of this guy, I literally don't think even one singe solitary time in the last 2 seasons have I thought "wow... that was a smart move" or "what a great call in that situation" I would get those thoughts all the time watching Belichick and Parcells growing up. Then on the other hand I sit there appalled at him deciding to plow Gore into the line way too many times leaving Darnold only one single shot at a 3rd and 8 or whatever.... Its just not been good. There have been literally dozens of "wtf is he doing???!!!"

Footballgod214 likes this.
  11. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting that Ron.

I remember sitting listening to WFAN during that season with Russ Salzberg or whatever his name was. Hard to believe that was 25 years ago now because it seems like just a couple. I felt so bad for the Jets I kind of became a fan of the team during that horrible stretch (believe it or not) A sympathy fan lol!

12. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Pretty sure they already are........

barfolomew likes this.
  13. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I have to disagree completely here.

I think Gase is a goner. Whether that is at the end of the year or before it, he will be fired.

By all reports and beat writers, Gase will be fired.

14. Sack exchange

No better time than NOW. Lol

15. Falco21

I've said it before, why fire him if he will continue to lose?

More than half of this fan base wants us to go 0-16 to land Trevor Lawrence. What better way to do that then let Gase coach us into oblivion?

NYJetsO12, barfolomew and REVISion like this.
  16. Sack exchange

I hear what you are saying, I just think it is the opposite. I think we have better chance NOT to go 0-16 with Gase. This slob will get lucky when we get fully healthy to win few games. If fired, we would have one of his stooges, and we know they are worse then him. I know that is inconceivable, but his second in command stooge Dowell would be perfect to guarantee 0-16!

barfolomew and Jets79 like this.
  17. Falco21

LOL It's a tough call. A part of me thinks we are going to fuck ourselves out of that #1 pick with Gase, but a part of me also thinks that a temporary Head Coach will step up looking to make an impact and win games

barfolomew likes this.
  18. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

it is just inconceivable to me that this bum is here. He is clueless and irrespective what Van Rotten says, there has to be people in the LR that share our beliefs. I mean look at the players body language... no belief breeds no energy and bad football.

19. DefenseWinsChampionships

A part of me feels like both JD and Gase are in this together. And it's been a plan of theirs the entire time. To tear down together, before rebuilding together.

• Refusing to bring back Robby Anderson, who was Sam Darnold's favorite weapon by far just goes to show me that neither one of JD/Gase believes in Darnold long term (past 2020) therefore they didn't care enough about the kid QB to give/keep him as many playmakers on offense as possible. Sam Darnold is and was a Macc/Bowles guy and JD/Gase couldn't care less about him as a QB.

• Trading Jamal Adams for 2 first round picks was a clear red flag that A.) Both JD and Gase quit on the 2020 season before it ever even started and B.) Both were and are planning for the future (moving forward together).

• The release of LeVeon Bell was alarming. Gase has made it known that A.) He never wanted Bell to begin with and B.) JD agreed by taking the side of Gase and outright releasing a very talented RB and the most talented player we have on offense. C.) They were both in on the Bell release... Together.

These are only 3 examples but I truly feel that when Gase hand selected JD as his GM that Gase convinced JD to throw away the 2020 season in order to build a future together.

I hope I'm wrong but to me, it feels as if JD has no sense of urgency of finding a new coach due to just being thankful Gase gave him an opportunity to finally become an NFL GM. Because if they were serious about 2020 they never would've traded Adams. They never would've let Robby hit FA. They never would've released Bell and they for damn sure would've never drafted a freaking BACKUP QB during the 4th round instead of drafting Sam another WR etc.

20. REVISion

REVISion Well-Known Member

I wish I could agree but my faith in CJ to do anything correctly is 0.