Dump on the Jets continues - Roddy White telling Lawerence to stay in school to avoid the Jets.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by AJT73, Oct 21, 2020.

1. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

Jets have drafted 5 QBs in the first two rounds since Pennington (who IMO without the injury issues could have probably won the SB with the stacked teams of 09 & 10). None of them have done anything note worthy. Sanchez getting to two AFCCG is a worthless statement. Those teams had so much talent that a large number of QBs could have gotten that far and could have probably have even won the SB (including if Favre stayed around another year).

In all cases, those QBs all busted within a few seasons. Is it the player or the organization? and would Lawrence want to take that risk?

NCJetsfan likes this.
  2. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

Strong dads in the profession make a difference.

Eli and Elway were the product of their dads telling the NFL to go to hell and the NFL realizing that the stance was genuine.

It's very hard for a 21-22 year old to stand up to the NFL and win.

3. BomberJet

BomberJet Well-Known Member

My main point is I want to see this team progress. I'm not infatuated with the Jets folding their tents to get another QB, they don't need one, imo.. There are no guarantees of the Jets landing TL.

Darnold will have players back this weekend if he plays, including Mims and Perriman and possibly Becton. . I think they'll have a shot at beating the Bills. Allen has not looked good the last 2 games. To think that the Bills can come strolling in and feel like this is a gimme, I don't think so. It'll be closer than what everyone is thinking.

Bellys Lies likes this.
  4. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree with all except that Douglas will hire a "more experienced head coach." Who would that be? I think our next HC is likely to be one of Wink Martindale of the Ravens, Greg Roman, Arthur Smith, Eric Bieniemy, or Joe Brady.

5. NCJetsfan

I may be mistaken, but I don't think a single player has refused to sign with the team they were drafted by since Peyton.

6. NCJetsfan

Thank you.

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

This is why its important to fire Gase before the end of the season...As long as hes here no ones gonna want to come here.We need to remove the negative energy surrounding Gase

8. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

My use of the phrase "more experienced" was wrong. I meant someone who has a better past coaching experience than that of Adam Gase.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  9. NCJetsfan

Thanks for the clarification. You had me scratching my head trying to figure out which former HCs I was missing. I know I'm getting forgetful in my old age, but didn't think I was getting that bad. LOL

Brook! likes this.
  10. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

LOL!

You're good, that was my bad.

I personally believe Douglas has a brain in his head and can properly evaluate a potential head coach. It is still mind-boggling seeing all the numbers and rankings of Gase's offense's through the years up until now. I used to defend him hoping that a lot of it was uncontrollable due to injuries and bad luck, but it is obvious at this point that he is a HUGE problem for this franchise and for this roster. A part of me hopes he stays for the rest of the season so we can continue to lose, but a large part of me just wants him gone so we can rid ourselves of him for good and not sour potential free agents and/or head coaching candidates.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  11. NCJetsfan

No problem.

I couldn't possibly agree more! I have to believe in Douglas right now for three reasons: 1. His pedigree and the high degree of respect people in the NFL have for him; 2. His approach to FA and the Draft (even though I didn't agree with his not taking a 2nd WR). I believe that he will take another WR high in the 2021 draft and will sign one in FA; 3. I have to; otherwise, I couldn't continue rooting for the Jets. He is the only hope I have at this point. If he turns out to be a bust, after 55 years of rooting for them, I'll have no choice but to abandon hope that this franchise will ever get it right.

I knew little about Gase when he was hired other than he had been the HC of Miami and not a successful one and that many posters here hated the hire. I rooted for him as I do all Jets players and coaches and was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt and give him this season after they finished 6-2 to end last season. I was wrong. He definitely needs to go.

I'm also torn. I believe that he needs to be fired now to show the players that the owners won't accept this level of play, to stop him from totally ruining the young players, to give them hope, to stop the bleeding, to give the fanbase some hope, and show the NFL that they can act responsibly as owners. OTOH, like you, I pretty much believe that he ensures that the Jets will finish 0-16, and at this point, I think we need Lawrence or at least a trade down from #1 and a haul of additional draft picks to have any hopes of being competitive any time soon. The thing is, the longer he remains as HC, the more I become afraid that he will still be HC next year. That would be as bad as Douglas turning out to be a bust.

Ralebird and Falco21 like this.