Dolphins name Tua the starting QB

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by GREG, Oct 20, 2020.

1. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

2. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Just pray he doesn’t shit the bed when he plays the Jets

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  3. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

I was a little surprised when I heard this. They've played quite well this season and are still in the hunt for playoff spot, and Fitzpatrick hasn't been a problem for them. Quite the opposite in fact, they seem to rally behind him.
    I wonder if this is the right decision, it could backfire badly.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The only reason I don't think it will is because the locker room is behind Fitzpatrick and Fitzpatrick is openly behind Tua. He was seen cheering him on and was very happy when Tua got in last week.

The Dolphins see an opportunity to grab this division or a wild card (three now). Fitzpatrick can probably get them there - That can push them over the top because he throw the ball down the field. The defense is playing well enough (even without the shutout last week against us) that they can afford some rookie turnovers.

The good thing about Tua is that his number one asset is throwing the ball down the field. So if he turns the ball over on the bombs he can unleash it's basically a punt.

I know he's on the Dolphins but I followed his entire career in college and he seems like a great kid. Can't say I'm not rooting for him a little bit.

5. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

he is going to be a good QB.

6. Wut?

Wut? Well-Known Member

Fitz says he was heartbroken and upset in how he found out about this. He actually gave a long interview about how he feels. I can see him asking for a trade.

7. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Seems like you were right, pal. Fitzy is upset about it.

8. FinnishJET

FinnishJET 2023 TGG Double FF Champion

This puts huge pressure on Tua now, he has to perform, there's really no turning back now. It's quite a bad look for the organization to this information to leak before they had a chance to inform the team. Flores is reportedly pissed about it.

9. Antoni

Antoni Well-Known Member

It really can't be about making Fitzpatrick not mad or pissed. He's not the future and everybody knows it. Flores won 5 games last year with a dogshit roster that should have finished last or 2nd to last and they finished with the #5 overall. I think it's because Flores really thinks he has a chance at the division with Tua.

10. phubbadaman

phubbadaman Well-Known Member

Seems they were just waiting for the bye week. If their schedule hadn't changed, my guess is he doesn't play until Week 11 (or whatever it was).

cval likes this.
  11. alleycat9

alleycat9 Well-Known Member

will be interesting to see how he does. i havent really hated the dolphins in quite some time since they have stunk so bad for hte past 15 years but they are starting to build a team down there that could be formidable for years to come.