Why should anyone watch this team?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by ColoradoContrails, Oct 18, 2020.

?

Will you continue to watch this team?

1. Yes, I'm a diehard Jets fan and will watch no matter what.

18 vote(s)
    42.9%
  2. No, I'm sick of punishing myself and those around me with the uncontrollable outbursts watching them

10 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. I will resume watching when Gase is no longer the HC.

14 vote(s)
    33.3%
  4. I'm officially done as a Jets fan from now until forever.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. JohnnyP123456

JohnnyP123456 Well-Known Member

I stopped fervently watching our games this year W1 with about 15 mins left in the first quarter. If the game is on natl TV i might go have a look but I'm not going to go out of my way to get the game on (since I don't live in the local market).

2. Linebacker712

Linebacker712 Well-Known Member

I watch the games when I can, and the numbers speak for themselves anyways. I'm not going to comment on things that I haven't seen, but I will comment on what I have seen and what the results obviously are.

3. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

of course i'll watch......i want to witness this historic season.

4. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

I have always been a Jets/Yankees fan. Then, all my Yankees started retiring, or getting traded, and the guys they were replacing them with were good enough players, but with a few exceptions, they just weren't "Yankees", you know? Slowly I started losing interest in the Yankees. Now I don't watch them at all any more.

I kind of feel like that is happening with the Jets now, but A LOT faster..

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

You can stream for free. Sportssurge is the site. Perfect steams. No lag. Me and my brother haven't ordered NFL season ticket in 4-5 years.

JohnnyP123456 likes this.
  6. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Did not read replies

For me I watch because

im sensing history in the making

And also I hate Gase and want to see him suffer

Lastly I love the stupid Jets football club

Fuck the Johnsons

7. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

At this point in the season I am watching if I have nothing better to do when the game is on. There's no reason to believe the Jets are any better than what they look like: which is the worst team in the NFL. There's no optimism that anything is likely to change for the better this season.

I'll make watching them a higher priority when Darnold gets back and when Mims is on the field because at least with those two events there is something potentially positive to watch on the day.

Right now the Jets that we see on the field are the result of virtually every decision that was made between 2011 and 2019 being about as wrong as you could make it. The Jets are on a 9 year losing streak in terms of rational decision-making at all levels.

The 2020 decisions are an unknown at the moment however it's hard to see how a talent-stripped roster could have been hurt significantly by adding lots of extra draft picks in 2020 and 2021 so I will hold out some optimism for the immediate future of the team.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  8. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

I am watching to see some of our kids play.. unfortunately most have been hurt.. JD has drafted a bunch of band aids so far..

9. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

Been focusing on my golf game. I DVR the Jets games, then I check the score on the course, then I delete it without watching when I get home. I still love the Jets, but it's not worth the aggravation. Life's too short.