Jets Higher-Ups: We're Tanking For Trevor

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsKickAss, Oct 19, 2020.

1. Poeman

Poeman Well-Known Member

I think Gore may be angling for a release.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We'd better hope the Pats Week 17 game matters becuase if it doesn't, you just know Belichick will lose on purpose.

3. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

If you watch how the season has unfolded so far, the Jets were not purposely tanking. Week 1 they were just a mess. Week 2 the defense couldn't stop a nosebleed against 49ers back ups. Week 3 started with a pick 6 from Sam, then they tied it 7-7. Late 1st half INT ruined the game for Sam. They have had a bunch of injuries and Gase is a terrible coach and play caller. I think they would have won against Denver if Sam did not get hurt. After that, he did get hurt. They didn't do enough against Arizona and then were pathetic in Miami. Now they potentially could consider tanking, but playing Buffalo, Kansas City and New England the next 3 weeks could result in an (0-9) start no matter what. So it is more of a combination things, then a straight up tank job.

SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  4. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Why would any FO broadcast a tank job?? That's not something you cop to publicly. I think the NFL could drop a big assed hammer on any team that gets caught tanking.. I could be wrong but I don't think so.

5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

It's either that or admitting that JD doesn't have a clue about what he's doing.:rolleyes:

'Tanking' going 0-16 after a 7-9 season where they finished 7-2? Three years after they drafted Darnold in the top three in the golden QB draft of 2018?

It doesn't add up.

I don't think this GM has a clue but at this point they have no choice but to sell that.

Clean house. How could they possibly bring back this GM after a 0-16 season?

6. Shea Jet

Shea Jet Member

Douglas stepped INTO Gase so he's off the hook totally. Not his fault that he inherited the worst Head Coach in NFL History.

7. WarriorRB28

Clean house.

End the cycle of scapegoating oh it's his fault but not him he's okay.

They're all to blame.

The job this GM did this past offseason is such a epic fail on soooooooooooo many levels that now with 0-16 looking likely he has no choice but to sell a tank by cutting players and trading away players to try to save face.

I'm not buying it.

Any Joe Blow fan could put together a 0-16 team. There's not a single fan on this board who would do any worse.

JD has done NOTHING.

I think I could've done a better job.

CLEAN

HOUSE!!!!!!!

8. Rockinz

Rockinz Well-Known Member

If this is true the Johnson’s finally get it.

REVISion likes this.
  9. DefenseWinsChampionships

When he traded Jamal Adams away it was obvious the Jets completely quit on the 2020 season.

You've gotta see what JD does with 4 first round picks over the next two drafts along with A+ salary cap space to build around Trevor Lawrence before pulling the plug.

Trust me. I hated JD for trading away Adams after not signing Robby Anderson long term. I was furious. And am still frustrated.

But after drafting Becton, having 4 1st round picks along with the most cap space of any other Franchise? I've gotta see his plan play out before quitting on JD.

He's gambling right now. He lands Trevor Lawrence? While adding 1st round offensive talent around him? His gamble could pay off in a big time way. And we could finally have an offense that's exciting for the first time in forever.

REVISion likes this.
  10. JackBower

JackBower Well-Known Member

Can we tank and not go 0-16 and look like we have 9 positions on each side thats needs improvement?

Thatd be nice

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  11. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

yeah I’m in this camp too...

I would have signed Robby...he was a good #3/borderline #2 guy...kinda like Enunwa was that one year where he was the three guy after Marshall and Decker....I see Robby similarly....not a true #1 but a damn good #3 and an ok #2 if you need him there. He wasn’t demanding ridiculous money, and I saw him as part of the building process

Adams I was totally ok trading...I think he’s a good player, and now in hindsight we can see that he actually did a lot more for this defense than even I thought, but he was not really a game changing safety...he only had a couple picks and I remember them being thrown right to him, not really him making an incredible play on the ball. Yes, part of it is putting himself in position for the picks but he just wasn’t a ball hawk. He was nice on blitzes and had sacks, which do end drives, but he’s no Troy Polamalu as he missed way too many tackles...yes first to the ball but whiffed half the time. And he’s definitely no Ed Reed. So to get two first round picks...I’m good with it. Had the trade yielded less, then no way. But as it was, I can live with it. Can’t pay a non ball hawking safety huge dollars when we have so many holes.

so I get the plan...it’ll all come down to how we use those picks obviously, but I don’t really have an issue with the strategy.

At some point in the rebuild, you actually have to keep good young talent, and I think both Adams and Robby were that, so I would have no problem keeping them both, especially Robby who wasn’t going to cost absurd dollars, but I also get letting the team hit rock fucking bottom and tanking for the top pick with a generational QB there at the end of it. Makes sense to me.

I like Sam just fine, and think he’d look very different with a better team and coach around him...imagine him with Chubb, OBJ, Landry and that crew. Or on the Ravens. Shit, even the Bills with those RBs and WRs.

But even still, wouldn’t pass on Lawrence if we are the top pick. Just can’t do that.

SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  12. DefenseWinsChampionships

You don't have to INT to be a great secondary player. The man already had more career sacks and tackled got loss then Troy Polamalu. Enough said. He was the HEART of our team. I just hope JD hits grand slams with both of Seattle's late first round picks or else we were raped in the trade. Especially if Adams puts up great postseason performances for them. The playoffs is when we're going to see his impact for them on D because he just arrived there. He stuffs the run all over the field. He sacks QBs. He hits QBs. He makes tackles for loss behind the LOS. He plays hard. And he's one of the best coverage rated Safety's in all of football.

I'm willing to be patient in hopes we get Trevor but...

JD better get two All Pro players with the Jamal picks or else the trade is a failure. Not one 1st team All Pro; but two!

13. Vida

Vida Active Member

The Jets have not covered the spread once this year. Double digit losses every week!

There is not a hope in hell we beat the Bills, don't worry they'll be back to looking like a millions bucks against us. We are not the Titans or Chiefs.

SOJAZ and zace like this.
  14. WarriorRB28

15. WarriorRB28

I've already read, heard & seen enough to know that this JD doesn't have what it takes to lead a organization.

Not only from a football point of view. What's happening on the football field is bad enough. To think that this man thought taking a 7-9 team that finished the season 7-2, stocked with some good young talent to 0-16 was a 'plan' is something I can't wrap my head around.

You go back and read Adams comments from the 2019 offseason before Mac got fired he was all in on being a Jet and getting things turned around here. Then only months after this guy was on the job look how his tone changed.

Read Robby's comments in Carolina about how happy he is there.

His people skills stink is the only logical conclusion I can come to after taking in the available information. He's not fit to lead a organization.

What's being built here? NOTHING is being built here this team is on the verge of going 0-16 most if not all of these players aren't gonna be here in five years.

All this man has done here is destroy.

Sometimes it doesn't take a long body of work to see the truth.

The Jets need a builder not just of a football team someone who knows how to build relationships with people.

As for Trevor Lawrence, Darnold was Lawrence three years ago. I'm not falling for that again and Darnold could still turn out to be a better pro QB than Lawrence. Be careful what you wish for.

SOJAZ, Andy_M and GasedAndConfused like this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

players and coaches don't tank. not to mention more then half the team knows they won't be here next year anyway to gain anything from it and I don't think gase is dumb enough to think he will be here next year either. there isn't a planned tank. we just suck

SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

thank you! about time others see this. do we not remember the suck for sam threads here?

SOJAZ likes this.
  18. DefenseWinsChampionships

You're absolutely wrong. There is a reason why both the Browns and Giants both passed on Sam Darnold. No team will pass on Trevor!

Sam had 6 college loses and never once led his teams to a National Championship Game.

Sam also had 22 INTs and only 57 TDs.

Trevor blows Sam out of the water in every statistical category.

No. Sam was NOT Trevor Lawrence 3 years ago. Not even close.

94Abraham likes this.
  19. mrmajix

mrmajix Member

Does anyone else have the sick feeling that Bill Belichick will not allow Trevor Lawrence in the AFC East and Jets finish 2-14?

Jets79 and REVISion like this.
  20. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

It’s all good. We’re tanking the right way!