Do you like the “gase era” jerseys? Should the jets keep them after he is fired

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by thirtyoddfreestyle, Oct 19, 2020.

?

Do you like the “gase era” jerseys? Should the jets keep them after he is fired

1. Get rid of “gase” jerseys

30 vote(s)
    69.8%
  2. Keep the “gase” jerseys after he is fired

13 vote(s)
    30.2%
  1. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

Black jerseys with a black helmet

2. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

Maybe the Jets should bring back sleeves. Is there a rule against sleeves, or it that just the current trend?

SixDemonBag likes this.
  3. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

My favorite was the old white/white uniform....back when the greens was really green, the whites looked awesome.

[​IMG]

Jake, K'OB, PennyRoyal10 and 2 others like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I agree, except I prefer a more Kelly green shade.

Jets79 likes this.
  5. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I like the previous green better as well as the previous logo, just my OP...

6. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

I seriously don’t understand the love for those awful 1970s 1980s uniforms....the uni’s were ugly, the logo was dumb, the font was awful...I just don’t get it...and that’s what they wore when I started watching football.

Parcells was right to bring back the old logo which is awesome and so much better than the new one...the only thing he fucked up was going dark green instead of Kelly green. And then they made it worse when they went from that hunter green to that god awful puke olive green...remember those two tone green jerseys that parts of them looked almost brown?

god those were hideous

The new ones are ok...I don’t mind the black as a trim color....I would get rid of the New York on the jersey...looks amateurish

and I would have just kept the old logo with the NY in it...if they HAD to change that, I would’ve just changed the font on the NY to that italic script they use instead of the older looking outline script

but to just write out the word Jets as the logo is childish and looks dumb and boring....and to think they have huge marketing budgets and Nike can’t come up with something better?

all in all I’m good with our new look, but it could have been so much better

I also don’t understand the love of the white uniforms....I always like the home team to wear their colors, and I love the shade of green we have now, so...

Shea Jet likes this.
  7. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Yes, that is quality, so green with white pants, never green and green though. White with green pants is good and all white with decent flashings of green on sleeves and socks etc.

8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The helmet logo looks like it was created in an iPhone app by a person who has no idea what the NFL even is. Now don’t get me wrong, you can do some cool stuff with those logo creator apps, but this person didn’t.

Makes me wonder what kind of testing they did before they decided on this. Perhaps Jets fans that were so excited to be part of the process that they said they liked it? Perhaps it was tested with people who live in Swaziland?

There were better logos made by people in the logo contest that was held before they released this crap, and they weren’t great either.

I’d have preferred an update to the 80’s logo, personally, but the previous logo was way more classy, dated or not.

Here’s a logo for the Winnipeg Jets. It actually has, you know, a JET. Talk to those people next time and have them put a New York spin on it.

[​IMG]

9. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You didn't like the jets in vapor with an actual Jet leaving the trail behind it?

Man, that is my favourite logo

10. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

plus i don't think they're allowed to by NFL rules until 2023

11. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

The inspiration for the Jets name came from commercial jets flying over Shea and the Jet Set lifestyle of the 60s. Not fighter Jets. I love the 80s logo too and would've dug an update one

12. Shea Jet

Shea Jet Member

Yeah Parcells had it right. But he didnt get it 100% right. He definitely screwed up by not making it late 1960's Jets Kelly Green. His ego I guess...

ColoradoContrails and Jets79 like this.
  13. Jets79

Jets79 Well-Known Member

not sure what you mean by vapor... it if you’re talking about the Jets logo that was during the sack exchange days? Than no...I loved the team but always thought that logo was kindergarten grade bullshit. The squared off italics font, no thanks

ugly

I loved the Namath and then Parcells logo....all it really needed if it felt dated was to update the NY a little but that is a classy clean logo

we have such a cool name, the Kelly green is a great shade of green, yet we can’t design a logo worth a damn even with a great icon like a jet...

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I think we have the worst uniforms in the entire league. They are so goddam ugly

Shea Jet likes this.
  15. Shea Jet

Shea Jet Member

Definitely the worst in a League with ALOT of bad Uniforms. God I miss the 70s + 80's...

Jake likes this.
  16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

I liked the Parcells era uniforms with the Hunter green. Looked really sharp, part of the reason I became a fan. Now they look (and play) like the fuckin Saskatchewan Roughriders

Shea Jet likes this.
  17. Shea Jet

Shea Jet Member

Today's Jets remind me of the Adrian Murrell era Jets. Also cursed with Horrific Uniforms

18. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Yep these were perfect.

TwoHeadedMonster likes this.
  19. Shea Jet

Shea Jet Member

20. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

Boeing is making a new one

SixDemonBag likes this.